• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Kimonos.jp - thoughts

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Olney

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2005
Messages
331
Reaction score
0
I couldn't resist getting this as a drop.

Kimonos.jp

The domain will go to a friends online shop in Tokyo. He sells authenic Japanese kimonos, antique bags etc.
The shop will be for users outside of Japan.

Anyway I'd love to hear any appraisals of value.
I'm not reselling it to him (we work closely together already)
I got the drop for him.

But it's brownie points on some merchandise later.
I'd love to give value by DNF Pros...

Any thoughts? appreaciated...
 
Brandable single word. Certainly worth the reg since a site is to be developed.
 
If buyers outside of Japan really "think" of a JP domain as the place to go for kimono, it's great - although to be honest, my first choice to try as a typein would be kimono.com ;). I think it's just a matter of time (educating foreign users) and whether the top SE's will index and rank a .jp domain/site along with the .coms etc. That's a question for someone in the International TLD forum, for sure.

In any case, I have alot of experience buying and selling kimono myself, and I used to buy from a Japanese kimono site that had a domain like this: biglobe.ne.jp/~longjapanesenamekimonostore! Kimono.jp beats that anyday.

Definitely a great domain to use for overseas (i.e. USA) PPC campaigns to sell kimono - has a very authentic feel.

Can this domain show the kanji too (puny code) like this 着物.jp? Then you have the Japanese market of kimono buyers as well.

My opinion is hang onto it, and it's easily $xxxx, maybe even $xxxxx+ in value today, because "kimono" certainly represents what we all think of as the essence of Japan.
 
agreed. this name is certainly worth $xxxx+
 
Thank you for the responses.
I just want to tell him how much it's worth. I'm giving it to him & making sure he doesn't underestimate the value.

I know kimonos.com would be cool(but I can only ask about what I own), but I think since it's going to be an authenic shop from Japan the jp should work. I'm not the kind of person who is relying on random type ins. Kimonos.jp if one is interested in Japanese Kimonos should be KISS simple to remember.

Oh it's not an IDN (which I usually buy), the kanji version did drop but I didn't get it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom