Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Landrush Period of me-domains starts June, 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ME Registry officials have announced the roll-out plan for me-domains, the new domain name extension.

Me-domains are expected to be utilized as both a personalized Web address and as a catchy business marketing tool around the world. The registry will begin accepting me-domains applications in May, for the start of what is known as the General Sunrise Period, a time when only trademark owners can apply. As was the case with .ASIA, multiple parties will be allowed to submit applications for the same domain name. Domain names that receive more than one application will go to an auction process.

“We believe me-domains have incredible potential for Internet users worldwide,” said Predag Lesic, the registry’s executive director. “Think about it, with a me-domains domain, the Internet will, quite simply, be all about you. For the first time in Internet history, domain names are essentially personal.”

Me-domains domains, with their universal appeal, are expected to be in high demand. So some “premium” names - including verb-oriented domains, such as “Contact.me-domains,” “Drive.me-domains” or “Fly.me-domains,” - will be held back for auction after Open Registration.

The me-domains Landrush is targeted to begin in early June, with Open Registration commencing on a first-come, first-served basis in mid-July. Two-year minimums are required on all me-domains domain names registered during the Landrush and initial Open Registration periods.

* June 6 to June 26: Landrush. This is the first opportunity for the public at large to apply. Anyone who doesn’t have a trademark, but is interested in a specific me-domain, can apply during this period. This is also when Sunrise challenges begin.

* June 26 to July 17: Quiet Period. During this time, the registry is closed to registrars. Names for which there was only one application during the Landrush Period are allocated. Landrush auctions will begin for me-domais that received multiple applications.

* July 17: Open Registration. Me-domains are registered on a first-come, first-served basis.

ICANN accredited Registrar Secura is already accredited for me-domains and accepts free pre-registration of these catchy domains.

Source

Domain Summit 2024

EUROPEAN

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol Nice one! Sure if your free let me know!

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any idea what happens if you don't get your name from landrush, or the following auction? Do they refund your money? I didn't see anything about refunds at godaddy. Maybe I missed that section..

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wish no one participated in the "hold-back" auctions. I think it's a short sighted attempt to make more money but in the long run if the domain is simply parked it would never help the recognition of .me names. Haven't we seen the failed .mobi auctions and how .tv struggles to compete when .tv could be the number two TLD in the universe if it weren't for it's short term efforts. Imagine if these cctld domains were all the price of .com. It doesn't make any sense to me, it's like a get rich quick scheme it's not built for the long run.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How much are they, or where is cheapest place to buy ?. Don't please say GD.

DG

floyd777

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm managing the team that just completed the sunrise process for .me. There wasn't as much demand for .me at least amongst corporations as we expected. This one seems to be going the route of .asia - which was a considerable flop.

It costs $50 per year and a minimum of 2 years is required which gets you to $100 - too expensive in my opinion.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm managing the team that just completed the sunrise process for .me. There wasn't as much demand for .me at least amongst corporations as we expected. This one seems to be going the route of .asia - which was a considerable flop.

It costs $50 per year and a minimum of 2 years is required which gets you to $100 - too expensive in my opinion.

Yes could well be a flop. Pity it was'nt pitched around $15 a year as that would be more realistic. $100 minimum means hardly anyone will buy them, as far as domainers go anyway. I pretty much know I will buy them from UK registrar whom I know.

DG

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom