Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Language Forums section is BAD idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just noticed the Language Forums section ... seems like a bad idea.

The vast majority who visit DNForum are here foremost to do business...

Emphasizing language differences could potentially split the marketplace at DNForum...

...with most of the "hurt" falling upon those who choose to use the Language Forums because, over time, many will likely distance themselves from the rest of the forums / activity on the site; miss out on socializing with many DNF members who will never go into another language forum.

Some things that seem like good ideas really aren't ... again, please reconsider the Language Forums section.

Ron

Upvote 0

pertosda

AdSense Optimizer
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This forum is not about learning other languages. It should be a unified bazaar to exchange domains and trade services. English is perfect for this - and it's not even my primary language. I didn't pay to be Exclusive in order to have a cornucopia of funny languages like a tower of Babel. You guys want to chat in Spanish, Chinese, Martian - go make your own for God's sake.

wow, that was very open-minded, wasnt it? :greenwink:

Acroplex, seriously, I dont think this matter is so serious, is it?

Domain Summit 2024

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do not care other languages but I do not want in "today's post" all languages. I recently read DNF only by clicking "Today's post", if half of it will be another languages it will cost me a lot of time to go through it

I second this post ...

No more additional thread, this forum is too much section and way above my head. Beside when you sell we use number e.g. $100 not IDN or siento, etc. for offers.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
wow, that was very open-minded, wasnt it? :greenwink:

Acroplex, seriously, I dont think this matter is so serious, is it?

It's serious enough to discuss it here over 3 pages. And I stick to my guns.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I second this post ...

No more additional thread, this forum is too much section and way above my head. Beside when you sell we use number e.g. $100 not IDN or siento, etc. for offers.

IDN is not a money symbol.

letmesaymmmm

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
when are they going to implement the translation option

wrdekle

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But, if everybody speaking a different language than English would request an own section we would not need to bother calling us community.

It's true and I for one am against taking people's money if they don't speak English. Furthermore, I hate the fact that foreigners can invest their dirty non dollars in our proud US company stock. We need to demand that they keep their grubby little paws off OUR economy. Lord knows we don't need a huge market, we just need an english speaking one. Thank God that Iraq is turning the corner....

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IDN is not a money symbol.

Of course i know IDN, don't know think?
My point is ... when you buy or sell a name we use $$$$ not mexican, chinese or other currency ..

this dicussion will go on ... and my voice will not matter anyway. I will go back to the sale section and use my universal language $ hehehe

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies here. No one was screaming for language forums, and we all got along okay :D <--- and normal smilie code has never worked here either ;) see, lol. Oh well.

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I second this post ...

I third this.
I use the "Today's Post" link also and would not like to have to sift through it.

GiantDomains makes a good point: I don't recall there being a thread (I might be wrong) asking for multi-language. The for-sight of the admins to see this as a future option is valuable, but KISS rule I think applies
(KISS= Keep It Simple Silly)

Once the Basic code and fuction of the forum returns and the many number of projects DNF is undertaking should take president.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am reviewing a better way to do the launguage forums.

-=DCG=-

pertosda

AdSense Optimizer
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But, if everybody speaking a different language than English would request an own section we would not need to bother calling us community.

It's true and I for one am against taking people's money if they don't speak English. Furthermore, I hate the fact that foreigners can invest their dirty non dollars in our proud US company stock. We need to demand that they keep their grubby little paws off OUR economy. Lord knows we don't need a huge market, we just need an english speaking one. Thank God that Iraq is turning the corner....

:lol:

pertosda

AdSense Optimizer
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My point is ... when you buy or sell a name we use $$$$ not mexican, chinese or other currency ..

Just for the record, if I close a deal with an european member (there are lots of them here, I thought everyone was aware of that) the transaction takes place using €UROS.

And if the deal is with a north american or someone from a country with a different currency, then yes, I convert my asking price (in euros) to dollar$.

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

That´s funny...let say a non english speaker wants your domain for a million bucks....would you say the same? I doubt...:twitch:

pertosda

AdSense Optimizer
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's true and I for one am against taking people's money if they don't speak English. Furthermore, I hate the fact that foreigners can invest their dirty non dollars in our proud US company stock. We need to demand that they keep their grubby little paws off OUR economy. Lord knows we don't need a huge market, we just need an english speaking one. Thank God that Iraq is turning the corner...

That´s funny...let say a non english speaker wants your domain for a million bucks....would you say the same? I doubt...:twitch:

Im pretty sure he was being sarcastic

Chelsea

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just for the record, if I close a deal with an european member (there are lots of them here, I thought everyone was aware of that) the transaction takes place using €UROS.

And if the deal is with a north american or someone from a country with a different currency, then yes, I convert my asking price (in euros) to dollar$.

Weird, I am a European member, but generally prefer to deal in US$. Why should I convert any asking price into Euros or vice versa if the used currency here and on other forums is US$ ???

So, if I deal with a British member, one of us would have to convert. Whatever, it´s a mess...

Stick with US$, everybody knows what the prices are...otherwise we will - apart from the foreign language section - soon have scenarios as :

Domain : xxxxxxx.com
Price: $1000 / 600,-- GBP / 950,--€

As stated, what a mess...
:tape:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom