Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Last Name .CA's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
p.s. To whoever owns lastnames.ca, nice job!

That would be none other than our very own Mr. Dicker, actually.

Nice tips, for a nice Christmas gift to the residents here.

Merry Christmas!

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.ca is a tough sell, you have to put a lot of legwork into selling names... do your homework before you go out and start registering a whole slew of .ca's.

Domainers never factor in the time it takes to babysit a transaction, wait for the funds, walk through the transfer etc... carrying costs of names that do not sell, offsets... and what not. .ca is a fickle marketplace, even for some of the generic names...

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like the .ca extension, but it is a tough sell, many geo locked small businesses do not need a .com, and can work with the .ca, but educating them is a very difficult thing. It is a slowly, but surely type extensions, lots of hand holding in selling. I have seen lots of large .ca portfolios sell here on dnforum, probably at a loss, because the renewals really add up. Good extensions, but if you are encouraging a mass audience to go out, and register a whole bunch of last names, then spam linked in members for $100 transactions, I think this is bad advice.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, I agree with you, I am sure the many hours you spent huddled over a computer, cringing that mouse, the countless copy, and pastes, the countless number of deals that feel through, people do not factor those into their opportunity costs. If you are a student, yes, could be a good way to make cash, if you have time, and are willing to basically spam people. Unsolicited mail, offering goods or services, is considered spam. As you will find out, the number of highly populated last names will deplete, and you are working with less desirable inventory, and working twice as hard, for half as much. I feel development, or lead generation is a better way to go, to many auto script emails spamming end users from india, or the famous alex, or what not, they are not as receptive to emails from domainers as they have been.

Like for instance, I see you are selling a domain mentioned Abbotfordvets.com or something, now tell me you haven't already sent emails to the end users, and with no success, are selling the domain on dnforum. It is a very specific domain, and matches it's end users well, but as easy as the name seems to sell, it is never an easy task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators