Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Latest from T.R.A.F.F.I.C. 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the guy from google was thankful you took the heat off him for that brief moment. I didn't catch his name but met him in the elevator and chatted briefly . Being a fellow younger guy, it's hard to get respect with the baby face. Heck no one would believe Berryhill is actually 70 if it werent for his wit, charm and intelligence.

Domain Summit 2024

Smith

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
strongvis said:
I think the guy from google was thankful you took the heat off him for that brief moment.

Yeah, I wouldn't have even got up if I had know Steven's Daughter was there, just when you hear so many people calling your name and pointing it's hard to just sit there.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Heck no one would believe Berryhill is actually 70

It's amazing the amount of confidence one gets from using disposable plastic underwear.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Place your bets NOW:

VOTE #1 if you believe next year's T.R.A.F.F.I.C. 2005 show will 100% professional, a standard tradeshow, with standard pricing, and open to the trade at large.

VOTE #2 if you believe Schwartz and Co. will perpetuate their grudge match again next year and again attempt to restrict attendees of T.R.A.F.F.I.C. 2005, banning individuals from their grudge list.

PLACE YOUR BETS NOW!

Smith

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DaddyHalbucks said:
Place your bets NOW:

VOTE #1 if you believe next year's T.R.A.F.F.I.C. 2005 show will 100% professional, a standard tradeshow, with standard pricing, and open to the trade at large.

VOTE #2 if you believe Schwartz and Co. will perpetuate their grudge match again next year and again attempt to restrict attendees of T.R.A.F.F.I.C. 2005, banning individuals from their grudge list.

PLACE YOUR BETS NOW!

I don't know, before the show I questioned the logic of the show set up, but the dynamics of the show were pretty great. Sure there are things that could and will be changed, but all I know is that it would suck to have guys like you there trying to bring everything down.

HOMEY1234

CEO - iMonetize.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Without getting political... All I can say is, I am NOT a member of Rick's board (yet) and I WAS very impressed with the show... And I can honestly say it and all future T.R.A.F.F.I.C events have & will make GREAT strides in this industry.

Jerry Nolte
ITS

JayK

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can only echo the comments made by those who attended. Like others, I did not know what to expect. I am relatively new to the industry and for me it was a highly valuable experience.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DaddyHalbucks said:
Place your bets NOW:

PLACE YOUR BETS NOW!

Jesus Hal..Don't you ever stop?

Seems the only one thats holding a grudge is you and its pathetic to watch.

The only person and thing responsible for your restriction anywhere is you
and your bad attitude.

Give it a rest or are we gonna have to hear you whine a whole 11 months?

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
strongvis said:
I think the guy from google was thankful you took the heat off him for that brief moment. I didn't catch his name...
Could have been Shawn Batten. He was the Google rep. that I had a chance to speak with.

jberryhill said:
Seriously, the food was great. The hard part was actually eating anything, because I don't think I've ever spent as much time continuously engaged in fascinating discussions.

Just want to say that it was great sitting with M.J. and you outside on the patio for dinner, the final night of the show. I'm certain that ours was just one of many fascinating discussions that you had over days of meals. I'm glad we had a chance to meet. I really enjoyed our conversation and the various insights you shared with me.
______

This might sound like the comments that some others have posted about the event, but I, too, just want to say that it was great to meet so many people that share the same interests as I, over such a short amount of time. It was great to share ideals and goals with the handful of people that I had in-depth conversations with. I came home so kinetic, full of energy and ideas, my head was spinning. And still is. So much work, so little time they say. But its true. This event was certainly a very powerful landmark and hopefully will remain a fresh memory for a long time. Deals that were made at the show not only help everyone in the domain and advertising business on an exponential level, but we must not forget the millions of people, in the most remote corners of the world, that we can thank for our traffic.

For me, it hit close to home. A small group of other locals and I had the leisure of the event being barely an hour's drive away from home. The internet has obviously infused the S. Florida culture to an extent like very few other places on the globe. It was great to see so many people that decided to travel across the world to attend. And, if you ask any one of those that had to make the hike out here from afar, my bet is that each would agree it was worth the trip.

I managed to capture a few moments.
Happy to upload some of them and share them with you.
Here's our drunk cabbie:
http://www.wadnd.us/images/DSC03403.jpg
http://www.wadnd.us/images/MOV03404.mpg
The bus was fun too
(random trivia - this image goes down as the first picture I beamed from a cellphone to a PC over bluetooth, then uploaded to the web)
http://www.wadnd.us/images/10-22-04_0203.jpg

Here's some more to stimulate your memory, enjoy:
http://www.wadnd.us/images/DSC03402.jpg
http://www.wadnd.us/images/DSC03399.jpg
http://www.wadnd.us/images/DSC03382.jpg
http://www.wadnd.us/images/DSC03388.jpg
http://www.wadnd.us/images/DSC03389.jpg
And, if you have a broadband connection, some mpgs. Excuse the focusing issues, but overall, not bad for saving to a memory stick with a camera not truly designed for motion:
http://www.wadnd.us/images/MOV03384.mpg
http://www.wadnd.us/images/MOV03385.mpg
http://www.wadnd.us/images/MOV03386.mpg

.. so thats my quick-n-dirty wrapup of TRAFFIC, `04...

- Jarred

M

mole

I don't think the issue ever has been that the conference was bad, just the way it was postured right from the start both in terms of discriminatory pricing, as well as discriminatory qualifications.

If there was a grudge, it is often clear when the kettle calls the pot black. Only this time, the organisers were the ones guilty of this.

You can learn a lot about making money from the web from webmaster conferences, and how to generate massive traffic with nondescript names. This is old hat to developers.

Let's not confuse lazy traffic i.e. random type-ins with developed traffic.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader said:
P.S. Any idea why when I click on the mpg's nothing happens? (yes, I have high speed connection).

"If at first you dont succeed..."
Works for me. I say wait a little longer for it to download, or get a new browser such as Mozilla, which will start playing the movies almost as soon as it starts to download to the temp folder on your computer.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
I don't think the issue ever has been that the conference was bad, just the way it was postured right from the start both in terms of discriminatory pricing, as well as discriminatory qualifications.

I know... I've posted this over and over, yet the reply is always 'you hate Rick' and 'get over your grudge with Rick'!

I've never met, emailed or contacted this 'Rick', never attempted to join 'his board' (don't even know the name of it), yet I still get those accusations. Apparently the Rick's board people just don't read posts, just reply and PM. That must be a really fun board.

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
MediaHound. . . Nice pic of the drunken cab driver. I'm waiting for you to post the rest of your pics from the bus. Who wants to look at a bunch of dudes on a bus, if you know what I mean.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
strongvis said:
MediaHound. . . Nice pic of the drunken cab driver. I'm waiting for you to post the rest of your pics from the bus. Who wants to look at a bunch of dudes on a bus, if you know what I mean.

Forget the bus! You want pics of where we went and what we did, not the bus ride there!

MediaHound ~~ hounding as usual :cheeky:

BTW, anyone here going to Ad:Tech in NY?

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Palm Beach Cab Driver Charged With Fatally Shooting Fare

POSTED: 9:18 am EST November 8, 2004

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- After a local West Palm Beach bar sent one of their customers home in a cab, the driver shot the passenger to death, according to police.

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jberryhill said:
Palm Beach Cab Driver Charged With Fatally Shooting Fare
POSTED: 9:18 am EST November 8, 2004
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- After a local West Palm Beach bar sent one of their customers home in a cab, the driver shot the passenger to death, according to police.

yikes. glad our cabbie just preferred to drive around with an open 12 pack and not a 12 guage :)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MediaHound said:
"If at first you dont succeed..." Works for me. I say wait a little longer for it to download, or get a new browser such as Mozilla, which will start playing the movies almost as soon as it starts to download to the temp folder on your computer.

I did wait as long as about 1 minute or so and tried many times.

No thanks to a new browser as want to stick with industry standard software IE6 and hardware and don't want to use rarely used programs like alternate 3rd party browsers. Software should be designed to work on the #1 programs not best on 2nd tier ones as far as popularity goes

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
T.R.A.F.F.I.C 2005 is a no miss event! Save your money for the real deal and stay away from weak copy cat conferences when it comes to this industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom