Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Latest from T.R.A.F.F.I.C. 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome - look forward to your contribution to the thread.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rick Schwartz said:
Thank you Mr. Webname! Much appreciated!

Yes, I think we are all looking forward to this. Of course you have almost legendary status in the industry, so there is a very high level of interest.

I think there is, however, a little bit of the no smoke without fire scenario here. There are some quite serious alllegations being promoted in a very forceful manner. A little balance to the debate, however, would be most welcome.

Regards
Dave Wrixon

Rick Schwartz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The MYTH of exclusion.

First of all I am not looking to harvest folks from here to my board. (Except maybe Adam) :)

I do want to set the record straight.

While it is true that my board has not been an easy place to get on, it is a MYTH about the reasons you may hear.

First let me say that I think of my board as MY LIVING ROOM and that is how I see it so I hope for that purpose your minds can be open.

There are folks there that make $10,000-$20,000 a year and there are folks here that make $10-$20 million a year. (And more) So that should put to rest much of what you hear.

We do exclude folks and it is for good reason. I try and keep the CHEMISTRY among the members and a proper balance.

We are very focused on excluding those that don't know how to play well with others or have a bad attitude that would bring people down. We are achievers and the chore at hand is hard enough without being heckled by naysayers and name callers.

Keeping the "Chemistry" right gives us all energy that we thrive on. It drives us to achieve more than we might had we been alone and less motivated.

But with all that said and as good a business people we are, we have even bigger hearts and are very family oriented. We have shared laughter and tears over the years. Life and death and tradgedy as well. We know each others strengths and weaknesses. and we accept folks for who they are as long as they are not mean spirited, respectful to other members and have some class. Sometimes there are personality conflicts and for the good of the community I have to make some hard decisions. When those decisions are made, I am the target of their anger in many cases. That is unfortunate as while it may be my final decision, I usually have a lot of input from other board members.

The way I see the world is there are only TWO ways to do business. The RIGHT WAY and every other way. Folks on my board have a HISTORY of doing business the right way. We go out of our way to do it right and we exclude folks with shady business practices. So if that gets me/us our reputation of being exclusionary.....SO BE IT!

Howard and I approached the formation of TRAFFIC 2004 in EXACTLY the same manner. Not to exclude, but to keep things on the "High road" and create a chemistry that would benefit all who attended.

While I have never posted here before, I have read some of the unfair things that have been said and much was very mean spirited, hateful and FALSE. So I hope you folks will give me, my board, and TRAFFIC 2005 the benefit of the doubt and form your own opinions.

Many folks that post here were at TRAFFIC 2004. They have shared their experiences and I don't think ANYONE who attended had ANYTHING negative to say. For most, it was a life changing experience as they got to meet folks they have interacted with and done business with for YEARS but have never met face to face.

If bomb throwing makes you popular, than have at it. But there really are more productive ways to go forward.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rick:

While you're busy "setting the record straight", why not correct your websites like:

a) http://www.domaindevelopers.com/ which appears to be another stillborn project of yours, which claims "0 Domain Losses to Date", yet it's common knowledge you alone have lost racingform.com and adtsucks.com

http://www.dnforum.com/archive/index.php/t-69843

I've made a screenshot of the page at:

http://www.loffs.com/images/domaindevelopers.gif

I also look forward to my "chance to win $1 million".

b) You're still claiming on your eRealestate.com site (in the Title) to be "The Largest Most Profitable Domain Developer on the Web!!" . I think UltSearch, 15x, BuyDomains, DomainDeluxe, Vertical Axis, Reflex, Digimedia, Anything.com, and others would beg to differ.

Don't get upset and rant. :party: This isn't a personal attack, just a matter of you correcting your misinformation.

Rick: Just read your rant. :party: Keep up the faith, but you and I (and others who were around at the time) both know that the reason you banned me from your board did not involve you taking the "high road". And your actions had no impact on my income or , or my contacts or my esteem (folks who seek out someone trustworthy still come to me) --- it must be sad for the remaining folks on the board to have to suffered from the "chill" that ensued, when you attempted to make an "example" of someone who told only the truth and told you when you were wrong. Although, I'm sure others are there just to leech, and don't care one way or the other.

By the way, it's funny how you're now not denying it is "your board", when you supposedly said that things are run by committee. :party: We all know who has been calling the shots, though. :party:

Harry

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mr. Schwartz

As I started this post it is my privilege and honor to welcome you here.

Looking forward to your posts.

Rick Schwartz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Harry said:
Mr. Schwartz

As I started this post it is my privilege and honor to welcome you here.

Looking forward to your posts.

Harry,

Thank you very much for the welcome....and for starting the thread. It has had some lasting power to be around for over 3 months. I look forward to great conversations.

interlution

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Glad to see you posting, Rick. I miss my nuggets of wisdom from Webfather. :)

Thanks for starting T.R.A.F.F.I.C., it's nice to see domaining get some recognition and a convention of its own.

interlution

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainKing/Webfather are Rick Schwartz's usernames. Several years ago I used to read his inspiring and helpful posts on another message board where he posted as Webfather.

Rick Schwartz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks!

To keep up with developments for TRAFFIC 2005, have your questions answered or to get an invitation....please visit the thread under advertising.

Howard and I will be more than happy to answer your questions directly.

Thank you!

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=81062

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom