Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

cctld Lets trade .CA domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lets say we listed a group of domains, and appraised them in category, according to date registered, generic value, maybe ppc value or application value, then put them in group A xxxxx, then Group B xxxx, Group C xxx and group D xx. So someone could offer an exchange of 3 domains in group c for 3 others, but who would you pick, to judge the quality of the grouping, we would need a few qualified volunteers, that would be tricky. Ideally, if I get 3 domains accepted in group C, I should be able to take out 3 domains in group C, without any hassle. The system would need a lot of domains to work. But if it did, would be awesome. Any ideas, guys ?

Domain Summit 2024

westcoaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in trades too I am no programmer. I say keep it simple .

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You can't force someone to trade domains based on a group. Not everyone will agree that each has the same value. Just post what you want to trade and someone will have to make you offers. Much easier to just buy IMO.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
easier to start a dedicated thread and people post what they are willing to trade with a note of types of domains they are looking for.

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone could do what is being suggested on this thread Whitebark, but here is where our opinions differ. I don,t think if I have owned a domain since 2002 and it has some xxxx/xxxxx value, that I would want to waste time, yours or mine, receiving offers from guys who regged a domain a year ago, saying, I will trade with you. Domains are a bit like wine, those that have aged have "potentially" more value. What I suggested, is a compromise, involving grouping. Where group A is "potentially", xxxx/xxxxx, regged 2000-2002, although if its a poor keyword, with little google search, then it still sucks, so it would fall under a different group. Group B xxx/xxxx regged 2002-2004, again, a domain in this catagory needs to have the rich keyword and google search to support its position. Group C xxx+ regged 2004-2006 and Group D xx/xxx 2006-2010 . Note, however, if a domain has decent traffic, then it has its own catagory, for a generic .CA, its lucky to see 30+ a month, some exception exist of course.
Before, anyone thinks this break down is harsh, consider, that none of this trade grouping applies to end users buying domains from you, prices are what you set and dream of getting, thats fair, but, for the most part .CA DNforum domainers are not END users, we are speculators, trading WHOLESALE. I am confident that some who are getting started in domains will resent this platform or if you hold mostly 2006 and up, but this is the way I see it and I doubt anyone holding aged domains would disagree, if you have an opinion, lets hear it, as I can,t recall a discussion as concise, regarding domain valuation like this one.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting idea for sure!

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting idea for sure!

I have dot ca that are 9 years old and some that are 9 months old...Age has zero to do with value.

Investor is correct. Keep it simple I prefer cash, but no one needs to trade one-one...one domain can be traded for multiples...Trading is fun...my favorite domain was procured in a trade with a dnforum
regular...And, when I say my favorite, I mean it will sell one day for a large amount of money...

anyway, I think that Tedge is a great asset to our dot ca cause by introducing another facet of interacting and developing individual portfolios and assets.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...the same goes for Domains...

peace out.

qm

onlinestoreca

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Tedge, you are definitely onto something. The way I see it working is kind of how we did it when we swapped a pile of names. Each person puts out what they have for names that they are willing to trade. If you see a name you are interested in, you tell that person and they can look at your list. Then it's all negotiation.

I think we would have to have one thread with each person listing the names they are willing to trade in one post and maybe a simple comment at the top if you are looking for something in particular. Then negotiations would be done through PM.

I think a general fear is that there would be too many PMs and a lot of having to say, "no you're not even close", but if that is the case you can always pull out of the thread, and I really don't think it would be the case. I think there might only be about 20 of us that list, but I bet a few good trades would come out of it.

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have dot ca that are 9 years old and some that are 9 months old...Age has zero to do with value.

qm

I asked for an opinion and I got a good one, thanks Queen Mother :)

However, you are very wrong, regarding this statement, "Age has zero to do with value"
The finest generics, meaning keyword categories, were the first to get purchased in 2000-2004, sure some junk got purchased as well, but for the most part, these were the best years to find the cream of the crop, then more of us caught on, and simple nouns and other dictionary terms disappeared "on mass" between 2004-2006, I,m not talking all, but what most of us consider juice :) I still found some nice 1 word domains and 2 word combo after 2006+ but the dictionary was picked over by others and thus the valuations I consider strong for a trading platform, as mentioned in the earlier post.
If I purposed, that you Dnformers, bring some Reg 2002- 2004 domains, starting now, to the trade table, here on this thread, this week only. Please be prepared to trade domains in this grouping, I promise, you would see some sweet domains, but not many of us hold these years. These years are to me the Classic years, 2002- 2004. There would be no obligation to trade, but lets see what each of us can show case. Anyone up for the challenge. Maybe next week , we can do 2004-2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom