Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

LinkPopularity (it's effect on ER)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkPopularity

(inbound links/sites linking to your site)

it has been proven that this 'popularity' has an impact
on your EngineRank with the search engines... To what
degree, not certain.... but it DOES build credibility.. and
ONLY if the sites linking to you are
a) somewhat balanced with your site's content..

for a bad example..(which would NOT aide ER)
would be.. if the RedCross.com site.. had inbound
links from AdultContent sites.. NOPE... spiders & human
editors will reject that..

But if a company that sell's buisness cards online..
had an inbound link from a company that designed
custom banners..
* that's a good link

or if an hosting site hand an imbound link to a company
which solely promoted DN registrations.. that's a good link

and even when competitors link to eachother..

for example.. if a Reseller (names)
wanted to link their site to
another reseller of names site..

that would be a positive link.

not only does it (in my opinion) enhance ER..
but it also..

generates a circle of 'traffic' within the network of linked sites.

opinions?

Have you generated a 'link popularity' report on your website?

Are you satisfied with your listings/rank?

Inbound links... are something that will definitely enhance traffic to a site for both reasons
a) higher rank in the engines
b) circle of traffic from the links to you from other sites.

Many Resellers of Names, have their own sites these days. and that's good... to direct market your showcase..

But.. it's also good.. to link to other NamesForSale sites & have them link back to you.

Your really NOT competing with eachother.. cause we all have different DN names..

So, ya can't HURT eachother by doing this.

if that were the case.. no one would have ever joined Anic and posted their names along beside hundreds of other members names..

Anic is gone..

So, I would encourage Resellers to reach out to their Anic buddy's and exchange links..

Builds a CIRCLE.. where the 'buyer' who visits.. can explore
multiple NamesForSale sites..

Keeps the buyer in that 'network' spider web..

and thing is..

the buyer is lookN for a specific 'type' of name.. so, if I don't have say..
"BankingNames"

but... one of my links do... well, that's good.. cause I wouldn't have sold this buyer a 'Rat' name, if he's looking for a Banking name..

LinkPopularity is CRITICAL to your EngineRank & listings.

Domain summit 2024

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WandaMay
But.. it's also good.. to link to other NamesForSale sites & have them link back to you.

Your really NOT competing with eachother.. cause we all have different DN names..

So, ya can't HURT eachother by doing this.

if that were the case.. no one would have ever joined Anic and posted their names along beside hundreds of other members names..

I don't agree with you on this. You ARE competing for the attention, resources, opportunities, and possibilities of those targeted and qualified visitors who sojourn into your website. One link or distraction is all it takes to have that visitor go to your "buddy's" site and never come back again. Do you make a dime from this type of referral? Nope, not unless you have a commission system in place that tracks every single visitor from your site. Do you think your "buddy" is going to feel indebted to you or feel the need to reciprocate generously because of this client you've sent them? Not unless you have an agreement in place, and they've tracked where this visitor has come from and has accurate and truthful statistics to provide you with.

After all, a buyer only has a certain amount of resources (they can only buy or choose to buy so much). If you don't sell them the name they want or direct them to a place that does with a commission being paid to you on a per-sale basis -- you're out of luck. Because, unfortunately, the odds are low that you're going to get a reciprocal visitor from their site (or any site in the link network in the amount to be equivolent all around) who buys a name from you. You must play the law of averages.

The fix to this is to have an affiliate/associate based commission system in place with your link network so that everyone profits from any given referrals.

Chris

Originally posted by chris

I don't agree with you on this. You ARE competing for the attention, resources, opportunities, and possibilities of those targeted and qualified visitors who sojourn into your website. One link or distraction is all it takes to have that visitor go to your "buddy's" site and never come back again. Do you make a dime from this type of referral? Nope, not unless you have a commission system in place that tracks every single visitor from your site. Do you think your "buddy" is going to feel indebted to you or feel the need to reciprocate generously because of this client you've sent them? Not unless you have an agreement in place, and they've tracked where this visitor has come from and has accurate and truthful statistics to provide you with.

After all, a buyer only has a certain amount of resources (they can only buy or choose to buy so much). If you don't sell them the name they want or direct them to a place that does with a commission being paid to you on a per-sale basis -- you're out of luck. Because, unfortunately, the odds are low that you're going to get a reciprocal visitor from their site (or any site in the link network in the amount to be equivolent all around) who buys a name from you. You must play the law of averages.

The fix to this is to have an affiliate/associate based commission system in place with your link network so that everyone profits from any given referrals.

Chris

Chris,
I respect your views on LinkPopularity... Although, I tend to believe it's a valid healthy proven technique which enhances search engine listings...

Without good SEO/engine rank..
you can do all the advertising yourself, to drive in buyers.. or visitors.. which is tough to do alone..

Do a free LinkPopularity check... here's the info from the site I have bookmarked.

Link popularity is the total number of web sites that link to your site.

Because good link popularity can dramatically increase traffic to your
web site. Well placed links are an excellent source of consistent and targeted traffic. And due to recent developments, they can even generate additional search engine traffic to your site.

Most of the major search engines now factor Link Popularity into their relevancy algorithms. As a result, increasing the number of links to your site can actually improve your search engine rankings. There is still no one "secret trick" to getting good rankings, but boosting your site's popularity may give it the edge it needs.

Knowing who links to your site, and increasing the number of links, is
an important part of any web site promotion effort. This free service
queries Google, Altavista, and Hotbot and reports on link popularity. Enter Web Site URL:

New: Free Link Promotion Guide shows how to increase your link popularity

privacy statement Copyright 2002, The PC Edge, Inc. link to us

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WandaMay

Chris,
I respect your views on LinkPopularity... Although, I tend to believe it's a valid healthy proven technique which enhances search engine listings...

Without good SEO/engine rank..
you can do all the advertising yourself, to drive in buyers.. or visitors.. which is tough to do alone..

Do a free LinkPopularity check... here's the info from the site I have bookmarked.

Link popularity is the total number of web sites that link to your site.

Because good link popularity can dramatically increase traffic to your
web site. Well placed links are an excellent source of consistent and targeted traffic. And due to recent developments, they can even generate additional search engine traffic to your site.

Most of the major search engines now factor Link Popularity into their relevancy algorithms. As a result, increasing the number of links to your site can actually improve your search engine rankings. There is still no one "secret trick" to getting good rankings, but boosting your site's popularity may give it the edge it needs.

Knowing who links to your site, and increasing the number of links, is
an important part of any web site promotion effort. This free service
queries Google, Altavista, and Hotbot and reports on link popularity. Enter Web Site URL:

New: Free Link Promotion Guide shows how to increase your link popularity

privacy statement Copyright 2002, The PC Edge, Inc. link to us

WandaMay,

I never said link popularity wasn't important in getting higher positions in some search engines (google for example).

I said I didn't agree with what you said about there not being any competition between linking partners whose products or services overlap each other instead of complimenting.

There are numerous ways of having reciprocal links with other sites that can improve your search engine positioning without you having to lose visitors and potential customers.

Such strategies are for search engine positioning (which reciprocal linking is good for) not for getting/losing interrelated visitors from competing sites without a per-sale, commission-based system in place (the part of reciprocal linking which isn't a mathmatically valid way of generating profits):

For example, you can have a separate page that can't be accessed from anywhere on your site. You submit this page separately to the search engines and your link partners do the same. This way your link popularity in search engines is improved, but you're not losing out on visitors who've opted to come to your web site. As for the page where the links are: you can add your link and have just as much chance as your link partners at winning the potential customer to visiting your site.

Anyways...

Thanks for the response,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom