Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

List all the 6 figure IDN sales here

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
India

Punjabi

Hindi, Urdu, (Some) Sanskrit, English
Thanks, that explains it all. You aren't in the most effected markets. (Japan, China etc)

You are not a native urdu speaker so you wouldn't really have a clue of that market. Native speakers are more likely to type in their language than you would do. In fact, you don't even speak enough of it to be a representative sample of it.

1. Hindi really hasn't been used alot on the net. It is started to be used just a bit these past few months.

2. The ones that will see the traffic are in the Asian nations such as Japan, China etc. You can see the abundant number of users in these countries online browsing and making content in their native language. We have yet to see this in Hindi.

Like I said, many of the top IDN owners are from these Asian countries mentioned above. So are you saying your opinion is worth more than theirs? Just because you believe it can't be true that its not true at all.

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am just saying my opinion.....just opinion thats all. I agree IDNs will be used more in china/japan than in india. How much and when will they be a mega hit, I don't know......in fact no one can predict that with 100% accuracy.

If you have some great IDNs....good for you.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am just saying my opinion.....just opinion thats all. I agree IDNs will be used more in china/japan than in india. How much and when will they be a mega hit, I don't know......in fact no one can predict that with 100% accuracy.

If you have some great IDNs....good for you.

One of my domains had 35 uniques/today - not much but much more than it had a year ago (nearly 0). It's not my best name. It made a $1 today. For a $7 name it will pay itself off in a week.

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know 5 languages including English.
English is not my mother tongue.
I lived in Asia for 24 years, then moved to Canada, and then to US.
Thanks.

Thanks Rick, you should appreciate the possibilites for IDNs to improve commerce and business in particular for up and coming economies. I lived in Greece for 2 years, but only speak English and some Spanish so can really appreciate firsthand what foreign language domains will do to level the playing field on the internet.

One of my domains had 35 uniques/today - not much but much more than it had a year ago (nearly 0). It's not my best name. It made a $1 today. For a $7 name it will pay itself off in a week.

That is pretty good at this stage of the game, can you tell us what domain that was?
I imagine in a year or two, traffic could be 50 or 100 times that.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey, I had five hits on a Thai IDN today, that is a mega leap from zero to 1 occasionally- maybe just a blip - but a nice blip!

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We really don't care :)

I say do your own research.

Yes, to a certain extent, i agree. Notice, everyone's "talking half" here. This is no coincidence or concerted conspiracy, as when there's money, you can be sure that there will be no "articles", as every other person is a potential competitor.

In comparison, take a look at .mobi, the publicity behind flowers.mobi - if you are a smart person, you get the point, i think.

Olney

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can almost guarantee that most end user corporate sales for IDNs at least in Japan will be with an NDA especially the high end ones.

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can almost guarantee that most end user corporate sales for IDNs at least in Japan will be with an NDA especially the high end ones.

I was contacted about one of my Japanese IDNs, and seller did ask for a non-disclosure on the sale.
Amount was x,xxx on a $8 investment in less than 6 months... not bad.

markits

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One of my idns had 465 uniques today, pure typeins. Considering only 60ish daily typeins when I regged it 4 months ago, idns is getting popular and popular.
In terms of 6-figure sales, I haven't seen any yet. Many premium idn owners aren't selling yet. I once enquired a top Japanese domain and the price quote was half million plus. Many people believe that top Japanese domains will eventually achieve equal price to ascii domains in next few years, and they simply do not want sell domains at the current market.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yep I'm seeing a traffic increase on my idns

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Still waiting to see those "6 figure" IDN sales, bois. Or were the sales supposed to be in Indian currency? :D

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
So where are the sales?

Even .mobi made bigger sales than the Klingon .com's

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Look I'm getting increased traffic on my IDNS (double than last month). I'm also getting clicks. Are you telling me that these people hitting my page are lil green aliens? It's called international people hitting my pages.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Just wondering where is that "6 figure" IDN sale, that's all. Will it happen in this century, because Star Trek and the Klingon are in the 25th, I believe :D

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well You guys talk a lot, but noone has actually posted any examples. just like politics, talk a lot do nothing.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well You guys talk a lot, but noone has actually posted any examples. just like politics, talk a lot do nothing.

so are you saying if you live in china you'll have to learn english just to remember english urls?

thats kinda dumb

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so are you saying if you live in china you'll have to learn english just to remember english urls?

thats kinda dumb

dumb is that eventually there will be only one language in world. Babel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom