Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Logging in has become a PITA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 111831

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
General feedback, you may do with it what you will, but logging in has become a medium-sized pain in the a$$ for me the last couple of months. Each time I am prompted to enter my password, the session is not saved. Then it tells me the password is not correct or that my password is old and must be changed or some other such thing and I have to guess my PW a couple of times before being allowed to login.

I realize there is not a bug or anything and this is just how your rules and permissions and authorization are setup - but you might consider relaxing the rules so it's not so annoying for people to logon that don't have the time to become intimately familiar with what DNF requires.

Upvote 0

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
AFAIK you have to change your password every 6 months but sessions can be saved even after closing your browser.
Clear your cookies maybe ?

Deleted member 111831

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not seeking technical help or a better understanding of DNF policies - I'm giving feedback on what I think is a poor user experience.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not seeking technical help or a better understanding of DNF policies - I'm giving feedback on what I think is a poor user experience.

most people don't suffer from these problems. i know i never have.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Then why post here? Obviously in some way you're seeking technical help as the policies have been in place since you were a member. Your feedback on poor user experience isn't necessary as you're the only one experiencing it, so in my opinion, you should seek technical advice from anyone you can.

I can login from my laptop, close the lid and let it sit in power save mode, re-open it and still be logged in. I can walk away leaving my laptop unlocked for hours on end and come back still logged in. I frequently use both my cell phone and laptop; being logged in on both, and able to use it from either. I can even use DNF on my phone when clicking the power button on the phone to turn off the screen and to turn it back on.

In my opinion, you're just starting an argument with members to start one which isn't necessary—when it's obviously something on your end as many have put their feedback in already. Call the Geek Squad if you can't figure it out, don’t start a pissing contest.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just a suggestion.... i think now would be a good time to close this thread... :hug:

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thread closed, uncheck delete browser history on exit of IE or any other browser and the problem will go away.

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom