Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

AndrewHaywerd

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Dear Readers,

I am looking to build a website similar to hugedomains.com but want a more established brand. I am looking to compensate a developer up to $10,000. I am, and have been, very interested in the business of domains and find it as a safe investment considering people spend 10k on cars that decrease in value every year!

I am also looking to partner with a developer who knows about domain management and is knowledgeable in internet security.

For an example of the types of the domains, i am looking for specifically keyworded domains on sale for $15,000 +

The current domains we are looking to acquire asap: Cheaplabor.com Betisle.com Betella.com

For the right person, i am happy to make this a full time position with a likewise, higher pay package. You should also be experienced in using Flippa.com, Afternic.com and Sedo.com so that we can find domains with keywords (cheap, bet, fast, etc more details will be given to potential candidates). I am also open to rev-share opportunities and those who are reading this that might be interested, who are dealing with the same budget as myself and have a proven record of business, i welcome your messages.

Looking forward to hearing from you Kind regards Andrew

Domain summit 2024

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What exactly are you looking for? Domain names or a team to develop a domain name for you?

AndrewHaywerd

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi Sir,

I am essentially after a developer interested in the domain business. I am also willing to accept partner invitations to those with a business background and who can work with the same budget as myself. Kind regards

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't.

For starters your model is to copy one that already exists which I don't think you understand (why are their "generic" names $2k?) and then on top of it spend $15k on two worders that may or may never resale.

Ya, don't.

AndrewHaywerd

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi Legendary JP

Thanks for your suggestion but i dont entirely agree. Firstly there is nothing wrong with building a business with similar models to others (myspace, taskrabbit and many others) and i am looking to capatalise on hugedomains weaknesses. Equally, domains are scarce and there is a lot of evidence to provide sufficient information that domains are a worthwhile investment, personally i would rather spend 10k on a domain rather than cars or other items with no real value. I have a growing portfolio of premium domains and am looking to invest even more having already generated profit which i am using to make a bigger brand than hugedomains. I hope you understand my stance.

Kind regards

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What weakness, their model is quit plain to see, reg names of things/services/products certain people "may" want, price it cheap, move it because of that and avoid complications. There are some lines to be read between here, not sure if you follow.

$10k, even $25k imo is not nearly enough capital regardless.

All the best though.

AndrewHaywerd

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am working with a designer at the moment to produce a better brand than 'hugedomains' which is not the most common platform. Equally, we are trying to make an introduction at a time where domains are becoming very scarce, for instance, attempting to find an open 4 letter domain is quite impossible without it being already owned.

Also, Hugedomains have many domains listed for $10,000 +
I hope you appreciate where i am coming from, thanks for your input.
Kind regards

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like to know where you are coming from but you are a little short on details.

Are you designing a program to reg names and flip them, find already registered names for sale or simply market your own names bought to flip. You are a bit all over the place...

AndrewHaywerd

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am in search for developers who can help build our site. I am also in search for persons similar to me with the same budget and background who might be interested in acquiring domains asap for the part revenue in return. If you happen to be interested in a role let me know!

Kind regards

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The current domains we are looking to acquire asap: Cheaplabor.com Betisle.com Betella.com

Well listen - anyone in the domain biz wouldn't announce the domains they are looking to acquire. I noticed Betisle.com was registered only 3 weeks back but can't see the registrant name (Registrant Name: WHOISGUARD PROTECTED). However I do see a brand new member at Flippa from 6 days has it listed for sale. I see you are a brand new member here as well. You should maybe contact the seller at Flippa as you're both from UK... ... ...

Sorry Andrew but you don't pass my sniff test.

AndrewHaywerd

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Because of the short supply - you can only register a domain once and key words are very sought after, this can be seen on the huge domains site.

And my goodness, i am a new member here but i did not think i would be greeted like this and with conspiracy theorists, i might have a go on linkedin as forums does not seem to be the right place.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Andrew - I'm a web developer with over 3 decades of software engineering experience, and I'll be happy to work with you on building a website and domain management system.

I've been in the domain business nearly 2 decades, and can tell you from experience that a fancy website sells no better than a crappy one, which is why I've kept my crappy one online (http://TheNameStore.com)

Let me know if I can sell you some domains or build you a custom, data driven website.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators