Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Looks like Enom Club Drop Has Changed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

micro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wow this move really sucks - might abandon enom totally and move all assets out. how can they picc us off like this? at least they should show if names already have bids or not...

rather give my money to pool or namewinner and drop eNom like a hot potatoe..

DotLeader

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please do it :)

more names for me :p

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The thing is....if you choose to support enom or not support enom they don't really care one way or another. They know the big dawgs are gonna come bid on their site regardless of what you do. Fussing and leaving enom ain't gonna change a thing. It's all about the benjamins baby $$$.

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
True, but if enough people complain it might have an effect. Of course its all about the money, but the new system is flawed. First, I'm not going to pay monthly dues knowing I will only get also rans. Blind bidding! No way! Not even knowing if the name is being bid on is a real joke. I think the system is very poorly thought out and their method of introducing is even worse. Yeah, its about money but if you piss off enough people you have no business left. Just seems a very poor system. Maybe it will work, but I will likely not use their service anymore. Of course it wont matter to them. My 5-10 names a day and my drop club dues is nothing to them, but if I wanted to bid on names I will do it where I can see the price. Here's to enom, ......you know the rest.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Blind bidding, promise of undisclosed additional bandwidth power, special deals for registrar insiders. That's it, I'm gonna only play on a much smaller list of names until some transparency in this game comes thru. Could the wls be much worse?
Doc

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No at this point, bring on WLS. Livid comes to mind. I can buy decent names on ebay for a couple of bucks. Working for a couple of hours to get decent names was bad enough, but now I am assured not to get anything. Good graces do not allow me to say the words that come to mind. I plan on spending the next couple of hours bad mouthing enom everywhere I can think of, come to me what may. You can't change the rules in mid game!!!! If they want to go with this system then more power to them, its their business to run as they see fit. They seem to want it both ways!!!!, really three ways. You want me to pay a monthly fee, then I need to bid on names I really want, and then to bid blind. Pass that thing this way as I don't understand when I'm straight. It might make some sense if I had some of the same. I know thats not rain on my back, so please don't try to tell me it is. At night, but not last night.

I predict a new player on the field soon. No one in the reg business seems to have a clue. Someone with a clue and some bucks will eats most people's cake right now. I guess I need to look at another business or perhaps steeping up to the plate in this one.

Business is about filling a segment that is not currently being met. In this current market you could drive a semi through that gap.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Snapnames needs to lift it's game in a big way - at the moment it's the only way most people can hope to grab a decent name without having to take out a second mortgage.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sad it will now be practically impossible to pick up decent names for reseller fee :(

But I guess eNom are a business and need to make their profits.

I also see that there is now almost no point in having multiple accounts. Fortnately I was unable to renew one of my accounts yesterday, despite trying several times. Just as well :)

I can still see the point in charging US$99 as well as having the bidding system. It will still be possible to pick up names for reseller fee, but obviously much less than before. Maybe they should reduce the fee to $49 or something per 25 names to take into account the reduced financial benefit of the service?

Oh well, the "window of opportunity" was good while it lasted.

Momentum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enom really needs to think things through before making these kind of changes. Since they are moving to an auction system, it really makes no sense for them to charge a $99 monthly fee. As they should know, in an auction system you want to have as many bidders as possible so that the bids on the domains they catch are as high as possible. So from their point of view, it makes no sense to create such a high barrier of entry that will keep many potential bidders out of the auction.

The only reason I can see for them keeping the $99 per month fee is because they want to keep collecting the monthly fees as their bread and butter. And they don't have any confidence that they will be catching the high bid domain names. This is not a good message to send!

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jh3 - what a mess - They had to something as the membership had grown too large to manage multiple bids on the same names - but blind bidding is surely not the ticket - I bet 50% or more of the members will not renew next month - At least at NW you have a idea what the bid is...

DomainGoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Enom probably had to make this change quickly to keep Stargate and anyone else they want to add on later.

The competition for registrar tags is fierce right now.

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Enom works with stargate as many of my regs show stargate for a couple of days.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stocdoctor
Blind bidding, promise of undisclosed additional bandwidth power, special deals for registrar insiders. That's it, I'm gonna only play on a much smaller list of names until some transparency in this game comes thru. Could the wls be much worse?
Doc

Oh yeah...

VERY MUCH worse.

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well I just signed up for another month. Not sure what type names I'll get in the coming month. Anybody bid on their system yet? Considered trying to low ball a couple of bids, but still think its a very flawed system and don't want to support the bidding. They never bothered to answer my note.

Well I guess its getting time to find a better way, and perhaps a better company to reg names with..........

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just did get my first one with bidding, did bid 16 for it.
spanawayspeedway.com

it had snap and $100 bid in namewinner, link-popularity, most get some traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom