Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld March 26 TBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Pool auctions never end today. They always end on monday.
The auctions that closed above were with sibername.
Current price on icq.ca is $1850
north.ca - $2050

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does Sibername publish the winners of their auctions? I was bidding on two names and it just tells me that the auctions have "ended". I know people have complained about their system in the past, but I was wondering if I missed something. How do I know if I won? I imagine I had to, as I had the highest bid with 5 seconds left and I didn't see anyone else bidding against me.

Any ideas?

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Daem0n, Which names?

It should show under auctions whether you are top bidder or not.

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, you know when you go to "Auctions" and then to "List Domains"...they have a list of all of the domains you can bid on. I guess they are the premium domains from what I understand. I was bidding on one inside my account but I can't find info on it anywhere now. Is that because it's a premium domain and they are verifying the bids or something before they award a winner? I'm confused lol

----------------------

ok update, I just refreshed my account after it logged me out and now when I login and go to backorders I can see which domains I was bidding on and the outcome. I was worried as it was my first domain auction...I don't usually like auctions, even on eBay (unless of course I'm the seller haha).

------------------
PS - what does Sibername do with names that don't reach their reserve?

Last edited:

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Oh okay. You're talking about the monthly auctions. I am not too sure what happens at the end of those because they are still quite new. If they do not appear in your auction list, check under payment if you owe anything yet. If nothing is there, contact sibername and ask requesting details of auction outcome.

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds good, thanks a lot for your help. Did you grab any names this week? I think I did my yearly shopping all in one week (not sure if that's good or bad)...

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Those monthly auctions are actually submitted by people. So the reserve price is set by the person. If reserve is not met, it doesn't sell.

I picked up hen.ca ;)

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice catch, do you have plans for it?

I picked-up a few names from pool.ca. Four of them are in auction now, although I doubt I'll bid much on them as I think they will go too high in value (north.ca is already climbing and it's only been on there for a day).

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
No plans as of yet. I was bidding on icq and north. But i think i'm done with those now. Although north.ca is actually cheap now.

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah for the time being haha...we'll see where it goes. It's definitely a nice name, just not sure if it's vanity or if it has commercial/end-user uses.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
icq.ca - $2302
north.ca - $2101

3 days and 12 hours left in pool auctions

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I personally would take a name like hen.ca over north.ca for those prices. If I was an end-user, then yes I'd say north.ca is cheap but as a reseller, I'm not sure that's a great value. If it ended right now (before $3.5k) then I'd say it's a decent deal...but much higher and I'd let it go. That's just my personal opinion though, I'm sure others see more value in it (obviously).

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
North Canada....there is so much potential there. Anyone who is buying now in auction is definitely looking to hold and wait for that reseller value to increase or wait for the right end user.

My thoughts though go something like this....i think end user value today is worth 15k. So how much are you willing to spend now and will you be able to resell?

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah I see your point also...risk vs. reward I suppose like all domains unless you already have a buyer lined-up. If you think North.ca is worth that much (which it is/could be)...then do you think northern(.)ca would be worth quite a bit also? Even though northern stems from the word north and is longer, I see better branding and marketing potential from it.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong...but i wouldn't spend 15k on north.ca.
I'm just stating from the standpoint of an end user...it's very likely they spend 15k.
I think northern.ca would be worth HALF what north.ca is worth. Just my opinions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom