Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

cctld March 26 TBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Premium is a subjective word.

Finding domains that can make you a mint are at a premium these days - especially at a low price point.

And the dreams of developing the next great website sometimes override common sense in spending $$$ to acquire a domain.
Ain't that the truth! Some purchases just don't make much sense - especially when you see them immediately parked and stay there.

And DropWizard.com - I still have that non-premium domain in my possession for you.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
pre·mi·um

–adjective

of exceptional quality or greater value than others of its kind; superior.

Most use of the "premium" on these boards does not even come close to that standard. I just think people should really try to be more realistic in their perceptions and valuations.

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jen, interesting observations. I used to frequent stockhouse and ragingbull all the time when I was into stocks, and it ended up getting so ridiculous, that you just ended up only going to those forums to get a laugh.... The same people hyping and dissing certain stocks, were the sames ones suspected of dumping, shorting, or otherwise... but I'm not sure a direct comparison can be made in relation to domains...

Though, I have been watching one name that has peaked my curiosity.. it has already supposedly changed hands twice yet the whois still shows the original registrant...

but as whitebark mentioned, domains and the definition of premium is very subjective. A domain name for someone's pet kitten could be priceless to one, and dropped without a second thought by another...

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Under an hour to go and icq.ca is currently at $3400.

sudesh

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What happened to icq.ca and north.ca?? I am sure there would have been some activity today.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
icq.ca sold for $3400
north.ca sold for $3701

sudesh

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
icq.ca sold for $3400
north.ca sold for $3701

Thanks and appreciate it.. was there any higher end bids on these, like the 112k for banks?? Just curious.

So, north did get more than icq.ca.. I was thinking otherwise.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes, sorry my mistake..it was $2701.
Max bid was $3500.

icq.ca was $3400 with max bid of $15001.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info theinvestor :D

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just a note ....but the ICQ auction way back when was actually won by the end user...so the 15K max bid makes sense now.

So this brings on some convo ...do you guys feel that end users are starting to get smarter and possibly waiting for names to drop rather than trying to purchase from a reseller?

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I doubt that very much, most end users usually forget to renew their domains and end up contacting the person who grabbed their domain in the TBR weeks later when they realize.

If you are an end user looking for a specific domain or two, waiting for it to drop could take a long time, or never.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators