• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed maybe.info and others

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2005
Messages
2,607
Reaction score
1
I have plenty of one word .infos, They are not great, but I think they are ok and about all on the same level, here are a couple:

maybe.info
colorful.info
scorecards.info

anyone know of recent ,info sales for similar domains or value? Thanks
 
I don't know of any major .info sales, so x,xxx but they are happening and will continue to. I think any good one word domain in a TLD will hold some value eventually.

I really like colorful.info

Only .info I have is WorkHistory.info. Not sure if this is worth anything either, but it could be developed into something of substance. I would think without doing much work with all three you could get xxx for a few of them, low though.

Jay
 
.info are a nightmare to sell, no-one wants them
 
.info is actually not bad at all.
You should consider that any word or term, where you expect to find information about it, is well registered under Info.

For instance:
Any city name
Any region name
Any animal
Any Institution
Any Directory

What makes no sense whatsoever is for example:

maybe.info

Before you decide to take an .info you could consider if:

ChosenNameInfo.com

makes sense and has a chance of being sold. If it does,then go ahead. If it doesn't, think again.

NewYorkInfo.com
TheaterInfo.com
SpiderInfo.com

Could be OK

MaybeInfo.com

is a waste of money.

Right or wrong, that is my approach to .info
May be useful to someone.
 
I sold babylon.info for 3k to an end user less than a month after I got it in the .info landrush. I get a lot of interest (less than 1k, so I haven't sold it) for zeus.info . I fully expect Tropical-Vacation.info, Bike-Week.info and Car-Racing.info to sell soon. My point is, none of these fit within the "rules".

I do like colorful.info and scorecards.info .
 
Thanks for the replies guys, I do agree with the "rules" to some extend, but like GT says there is still a market for the other domains, in my opinon mainly caused by the fact that the other extensions are either being used already or that the owners are having unrealistic price expectations, Meaning that if someone wants to buy maybe.com and the owner wants $1.000.000 the potential buyer might just feel that 1K for the .info is the better deal..I wouldnt expect anyone to offer x.xxx for any of those right now, but the trend for .infos is def. on the up and I think it is the third best tld and is sneaking up on the .net
 
Hi,
I do agree .info is very undervalued. Particularly for places, events, competitions etc They are good for advertising etc & memorable. I don't think many people directly type it in just of yet.
These particular domains you have for appraisal, I don't see any potential for colorful or maybe, because i don't see a market. Maybe is an abstract word & as someone earlier said only holds some value if owners of .co. or .co.uk etc want to mop up the smaller ones. I would have to say regfee for colourful & maybe. Scorecards could be used for someone that makes them i guess, but is pretty narrow & not that a profitable market.
having said all this the .info is undervalued for many domains at the present time. Cheers, Guy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom