Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

.me T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Results (Sept. 25, 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBS

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
moneydomains said:
peaple are now holding back on buying/investing right now because of the economy crisis.
Thats also one of reasons so few .com where sold at this traffic.

but still the .Me domains did very well on this trafic auction compare to all the other lots

I have no doubt that a fantastic domain like dating.me would also have gone for six figure sales if it was not for the current economy crisis.

Agree!

ordersomething

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy it...it has no value.

Just because DomainsInc is canadian..or i am canadian. Does not mean i am going to buy an extension of .me. Remember .me is a ccTLD. What value does it have? I do not collect domains and frame them. I buy and sell.

Your skill level has been revealed.
Thank you for playing.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If someone offered to sell you "canadian.me" would you buy it?
For how much?
For what reason?
I might buy it for reg fee but thats about it. The only .me I actually tried to buy is my last name but someone else beat me to it.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Im not crazy about it... i not a fan of .me the cute or top keywords that make sense sure but beyond that... notfor.me

but if you can buy em and flip em and make money why not?

goodluck
:yo:

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Your skill level has been revealed.
Thank you for playing.

So has yours, keep pumping .me.

See you in a few years when you begin writing threads such as "What happened to .me?" , "Does .me have any value?"

typical newbie trying to get involved with new extension thinking it's like .com

ordersomething

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So has yours, keep pumping .me.

See you in a few years when you begin writing threads such as "What happened to .me?" , "Does .me have any value?"

typical newbie trying to get involved with new extension thinking it's like .com

Why are you upset? You're just mad because it's perfectly obvious that what guys like you are doing: damage control.

The .me auction was a success but you still want to have a guy sell you his xxxxx .me for reg fee.

It's just not happening.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The names in auction were not worth reg fee. The ones you own are likely reg fee. Unless you didn't buy for reg fee.

Keep pumping... Join date : August 2008 .. Posts : All about me. Soon you will realize it's not all about YOU.

ordersomething

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The names in auction were not worth reg fee. The ones you own are likely reg fee. Unless you didn't buy for reg fee.

Keep pumping... Join date : August 2008 .. Posts : All about me. Soon you will realize it's not all about YOU.

Thank you for your interest in my portfolio.
The majority of my domains are single word Generic or Descriptive terms.
What category are you interested in?
I'm sure that I can find one that will suit your needs.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you have accumulated a .me portfolio of generics.

I hope you plan to develop those names for the people of Montenegro.

Like many have stated here...unless they are hacks...they have no value to anyone.

Good luck !

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your interest in my portfolio.
The majority of my domains are single word Generic or Descriptive terms.
What category are you interested in?
I'm sure that I can find one that will suit your needs.
Heres a little tip I learned from the .mobi release. Sell while the hype is hot.

ordersomething

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you have accumulated a .me portfolio of generics.

I hope you plan to develop those names for the people of Montenegro.

Like many have stated here...unless they are hacks...they have no value to anyone.

Good luck !

Many have stated that .me domains have no value because they are monetarily motivated to do so.

It is in their best interests as buyers to buy a product for as low a price as they can get.

Imagine if someone had been able to convince the owner of "date.me" to sell for $700 instead of the $70,000 USD that it ended up selling for.

Sooner or later the big boys realize, like they did for "date.me" that .me domains have value, are marketable worldwide, and have the potential to impart a level of personal service greater than anyone has ever seen before in this industry.

Once again, .me domains are available worldwide and not just to the people of Montenegro.

What you need to understand is that the Government (of Montenegro) itself has seen the potential of .me and has opened it up to the world knowing full well that the English speaking community would lead the way in global sales, which it has.

Why is the Government of Montenegro doing this instead of just keeping .me as a local country code? They are earning money for their people. What a noble act that is.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Do your research, domains that are restricted within the country. Generate much higher sales.

At the end of the day...the people who create value for a ccTLD are those in that country. This is another failed extension. With only a handful of domains that will be developed well.

People in other countries will prefer their own ccTLD over .me. That's the way it is and that's the way it will always be.

POPULATION OF MONTENEGRO - 684,736 - 2007 ESTIMATE

ordersomething

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do your research, domains that are restricted within the country. Generate much higher sales.

Past performance cannot predict future success.
Ever heard of the stock market?

At the end of the day...the people who create value for a ccTLD are those in that country. This is another failed extension. With only a handful of domains that will be developed well.
.me is not just another random ccTLD

"Me" is one of the most highly recognizable, and perhaps the most personal word in the English language.

Condemning a country code to failure less than three months after its release is simply asinine.

Actually believing you know which domains will or will not succeed or which ones will or will not be developed is beyond hubris.

If you're that psychic, why not play the lotto?

People in other countries will prefer their own ccTLD over .me. That's the way it is and that's the way it will always be.

POPULATION OF MONTENEGRO - 684,736 - 2007 ESTIMATE
CIRA has restricted ownership of .ca

With a population of over 33 million people < http://www.statcan.ca/menu-en.htm >, Canada can afford to exclude the rest of the world from some (but not all) of its business practices.

I personally appreciate the intellectual attitude of the Canadian people.
I understand that you all may favor your own ccTLD over others.

However, Montenegro's low population is a prime reason why that Government should look for external sources of revenue. Thank you for helping me make my point.

SBS

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is getting so hot!! I guess you guys lock you statements and see each other a year from now.

Anyway, Is there any bid placed on 'any' .me in Extended Online Auction? The reserves are set very high by Moniker.

Regards, SBS

ddaybofb

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyway, Is there any bid placed on 'any' .me in Extended Online Auction? The reserves are set very high by Moniker.

Yes they are, my injure.me domain has a reserve of $5,890.00

I would of been good @ like $1,000
I don't expect it to sell

SBS

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yea, you told me. Its stupid as seller has no control over the reserve price.
This will result in very few sales.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
has anyone here sold a .me

which one? and how much?

that would help this issue out. I would love to see the sales cause thats the only way to see the value.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Past performance cannot predict future success.
Ever heard of the stock market?

.me is not just another random ccTLD

"Me" is one of the most highly recognizable, and perhaps the most personal word in the English language.

Condemning a country code to failure less than three months after its release is simply asinine.

Actually believing you know which domains will or will not succeed or which ones will or will not be developed is beyond hubris.

If you're that psychic, why not play the lotto?

CIRA has restricted ownership of .ca

With a population of over 33 million people < http://www.statcan.ca/menu-en.htm >, Canada can afford to exclude the rest of the world from some (but not all) of its business practices.

I personally appreciate the intellectual attitude of the Canadian people.
I understand that you all may favor your own ccTLD over others.

However, Montenegro's low population is a prime reason why that Government should look for external sources of revenue. Thank you for helping me make my point.

1. How are you referring this to the stock market? Look at the other extensions. Why are you just making stuff up as you go along?

2. It's recognizable to you! Please do not tell me that it's recognizable everywhere. As you have not been everywhere. ALSO, ask a random person which country code .me belongs to ..the average person doesn't know. REAL RECOGNIZABLE. ( I really hope you don't mean the word is recognizable everywhere, the world does not revolve around the english language)

3. I am not referring to the .ca extension. I am referring to the fact that in the long run, the value is to those who live in that country. For example : UK, INDIA, CHINA, UNITED STATES - Those have value to the people of that country. If others buy , that is great..but with SMALL populations those extensions will FAIL!!!

4. I favor .ca over other extensions? Are you even from Montenegro?

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why did you think I was from Montenegro?

Well you told me i favor my ccTLD over others. I am taking you assume that since i am canadian. Which is completely not the case. So, since you made that assumption...i made the same about you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators