Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

medlists.net --- 76 overture w/ext. --- 200 results on google

Status
Not open for further replies.

kash88888

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the moderators should make a decision here.

Realnames makes a very good point. If posting rules mean anything or if they can be enforced!!!!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
kash88888 said:
I think the moderators should make a decision here.

Realnames makes a very good point. If posting rules mean anything or if they can be enforced!!!!

That's OK, thanks anyway for your feedback. It's just that I am getting tired of this BS where sellers post terms of an offer and then violate the terms, or even worse yet claim a name was offered in error and not really for sale, after an offer is made!

I no longer want medlists what with all the crap involved and possible bad luck due to it. Let Classicnames keep the name but hope he realizes what a bargain he got, even likely paying less than the $50 asking price, though my in-depth research indicates the name to be valued at between $200 to $400 based on a number of criteria and tools I use to judge these names.

HHH

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Being new at this forum site I have to say that this does not inspire confidence in the system.

Does anyone keep a list of the people who break their own TOS?

DomainTurn.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Touchy Subject.

This agreement was is writting. The administer of the agreement is in breach of contract. The reciver of the goods has recived a domain name in bad faith. To bad this wasn't sex.com. It is sad when someone does this. He can't even say i made a mistake and forgot to post it sold or end the forum.

dt

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My friend, don't bring age into this... I already told you for the 5th or 6th time, the transaction was finalized within minutes just after you expressed your interest in the domain, OK sorry I am not at my computer 24/7/365 to check my paypal and then to quickly rush into the forum and post sold the next second... Sheesh, calm down already... This happends all the time, where a transaction/sale is being negotiated/finalized on PM's rather then being tracked and updated within the thread of each little step, face it... Selling on forum's is not 100% reliable or perfect and this is just one of those cases, but I am sure you already knew that :wink:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
.....Selling on forum's is not 100% reliable or perfect and this is just one of those cases, but I am sure you already knew that :wink:

Actually, I did not know that, always thought if the seller say's post sold it really means to do so! ClassicNames is more responsible for this crap than you are in that he was either too lazy or just plain negligent to post sold in the thread as required by your rules. You then compounded the problem yourself.

BTW, I really am not that upset about not getting the name as much as the principals involved and the fact myself and others wasted lots of precious time and effort researching the name needlessly (and all these subsequent posts and pm's) based on the buyer not posting 'sold' as required by your thread rules. Interesting to see classicnames does not bother or have the common courtesy to say he made a mistake and apologize (and offer to return the name to you for resale), instead all he say's about this is that mike031 is a class act. LOL.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:
Actually, I did not know that, always thought if the seller say's post sold it really means to do so! ClassicNames is more responsible for this crap than you are in that he was either too lazy or just plain negligent to post sold in the thread as required by your rules. You then compounded the problem yourself.

BTW, I really am not that upset about not getting the name as much as the principals involved and the fact myself and others wasted lots of precious time and effort researching the name needlessly (and all these subsequent posts and pm's) based on the buyer not posting 'sold' as required by your thread rules. Interesting to see classicnames does not bother or have the common courtesy to say he made a mistake and apologize (and offer to return the name to you for resale), instead all he say's about this is that mike031 is a class act. LOL.
I totally agree with you here 100%

Hope this issue is resolved fairly.

i dont think the money or the name is important here, its the principle.

SirSpider

Trying to Retire!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HHH said:
Being new at this forum site I have to say that this does not inspire confidence in the system...

Sadly, I concur.

petertdavis

Don't be afraid to see...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HHH said:
Being new at this forum site I have to say that this does not inspire confidence in the system.

Does anyone keep a list of the people who break their own TOS?

No, don't let it turn you off to the whole forum. Most of the people here are honest. It does pay, though, when considering dealing with someone to have a look at what they've posted and what's been posted about them first. Now, in the future when anyone's considering a deal with mike031, they can research back to this thread and see what he's done and make their decision based upon this prior dealing.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL... Are you kidding me?! I am at fault here right? I should be tortured, hanged, etc. I am a terrible terrible man, please... You guys are blowing this way out of proportion, first of all this situation could of happend to any of you, second of all I have seen this happend on here and many other forums plenty of times... Now I do not know how to better phrase this and for all of us to move on but for the guys who are still whining I suggest you get a life ;)

wyvern

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think you are all out of line on this one. The original post says:

Payment via PayPal only, post in this thread to claim and then PM me. Thanks!

Nowhere does it say "Post SOLD". And even if it did, ClassicNames couldn't actually post SOLD, since he wasn't offering to buy it for the full asking price.

In the next post, Classicnames said "PM Sent". That sounds to me like he posted to claim, then they negotiated to a final price.

Maybe Mike could have been a little quicker in updating the post to state the sale was over, but nobody broke the terms set in the first posting.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Every seller should immediately update a sales thread if the offered domain is sold via other means.

Mike- your word is your bond, and everyone around here takes that very seriously. It looks like no one's really a "bad" here, but just a misunderstanding, and a failure to update the thread by telling everyone it was SOLD. That is the seller's responsibility, and RealNames made a post in good faith, thinking the domain was still for sale.

Hopefully everyone takes a lesson from this- keep your sales threads UPDATED! Posting sales threads here is serious business and it needs to be treated that way and respected.

I'm closing this thread, as I think this has been discussed to a conclusion. Let's get back to business!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators