Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

closed Microsoftalk.net

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dzelil

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Any value in this domain? let me know what you guys think!

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Make sure you sell it for enough to bail you out of the legal bills incurred by inciting the wrath of Satan (some know him as Bill Gates).

$0 value. Let it die a natural death and hope MS doesn't care enough to take it from you by force.

Dzelil

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well there is nothing on the domain now so Im sure nothing can be done

Dzelil

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't plan to use it, just wanted to see if it might be worth anything

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
delete it before Gates sues your ass off - $0

ZaZZeR.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just because you are not using it, does not mean that they can't do anything about it. The first name I ever registered way back when, was ebaywherehouse.com. This was before I knew anything about domains or trademarks. Within several days of registering it, I got a C&D letter. I ignored it and then I got an email saying they were going to sue me if I did not turn it over to them immediately. I turned it over without even thinking twice. Now what would have happened had I ignored the second request? Who knows, but I sure as hell didn't want to find out. Do yourself a favor and don't even mention the name anymore, list it for sale, or even acknowledge that you have it. Just let it expire untouched.

insanity

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thats a good point raised, im sure they would hate f**kmicrosoft.com more than microsoftalk.net ...?

Dzelil

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
insanity said:
Thats a good point raised, im sure they would hate f**kmicrosoft.com more than microsoftalk.net ...?

And that site has been up for awhile now :rolleyes:

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you are allowede to use 'sucks' type sites. as far as i know, they cant do anything about it If you use it for voicing opinions, and dont make money from it.
That, is legal.

Dzelil

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well then I can have a forum that won't be making money either.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a sucks site *usually* isnt a forum. However, there are excepetions.
In either case, it is too risky

geoffe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Might i add Boycott-riaa.com. Ya know no one will sue them.

jsonline

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong on this but I think in most cases it is domains that look favorable on the companies so to say that they don't want you to own. If I ran Microsoft and someone owned f**kmicrosoft.com, well I would not want the domain cause then I am bashing my own company. Now if someone owned microsoftalk.com, well as you can see I could use this site to my favor hence the reason I will now come after you to turn it over to me.

Wouldn't make sense for Microsoft to own f**kmicrosoft.com but would make sense for microsoftalk.com to be owned by them. On top of all this, as mentioned before, freedom of speech. F**kmicrosoft.com can be seen as such but the other can be seen as a TM violation.

This is the world we live in...

Dzelil

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
jsonline said:
I could be wrong on this but I think in most cases it is domains that look favorable on the companies so to say that they don't want you to own. If I ran Microsoft and someone owned f**kmicrosoft.com, well I would not want the domain cause then I am bashing my own company. Now if someone owned microsoftalk.com, well as you can see I could use this site to my favor hence the reason I will now come after you to turn it over to me.

Wouldn't make sense for Microsoft to own f**kmicrosoft.com but would make sense for microsoftalk.com to be owned by them. On top of all this, as mentioned before, freedom of speech. F**kmicrosoft.com can be seen as such but the other can be seen as a TM violation.

This is the world we live in...

I guess your right on that

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom