Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal MikeK - Inlip Designs - DesignerFreaks.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok folks, so I listened to all of MikeK's moderator friends here at DNF and over a week later, two of the sites are up and the third does not contain the photos I paid him for a month or so back. It was never completed. After repeatedly asking him to put them up, today he pretty much admitted he didn't do so out of spite and as a result of my previous thread here on DNF. He is willing to refund me $400 for the site and ship the t-shirts back that I sent him for the models, but that's not the point. Plain and simple he solicited work here on DNF and then failed to complete it. This was after I gave him another chance and had my previous thread removed. In a nutshell, his actions illustrates a complete lack of professionalism. I'm curious whether he completed the other work DNF members mentioned in the earlier thread or decided to play games with them too.

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Carl emailed me the following;
So when are we going to stop this delay nonsense, be professional, and get what I
paid for up on the site and both go our separate ways? Hopefully, this isn't
intentional on your end Mike because I was starting to be nice...

To which I replied with;
Right Carl, I wouldn't want you to be anything but nice. You'd end up
going on another defamatory rampage accusing me of this and that in public
saying i ran with your money when I clearly didn't and wouldn't in a
million years.

This project has been too much heartache and while working with you in the
beginning was great, it has honestly turned into a nightmare. Yes there's
been many delays and that was 'my' fault but at ANY time you could have
put a stop to it by asking for a refund which i offered numerous times,
instead, you didn't so one would assume you're not going to be defamatory
or rude etc. but, you were, and I have not/will not let that go, I mean,
something like that couldn't effect my reputation because I was quick to
explain the situation to people and tell them the full story, that I
offered a refund, that I missed replying to ONE email etc...but still,
need to fix the issue and im sure we'll get to that in the future.

So, I owe you $400 I believe for the photos and gallery. Please
acknowledge termination of this project and provide me with the paypal
address you would like me to send the $400 to. I'd rather keep my cousins
photos and not stick them up on 'your' site given the turn of events. The
tshirts will be mailed back to you, please also give me the exact mailing
address. The photos will not be used in any way and will be disposed of
and i'm willing to take on the costs of having them taken, that's fine.

Once you confirm receipt of this email and confirm termination of this
project, providing me with your paypal address and mailing address, within
24-48hours you'll have your payment (depends on when i read the email) and
I'll contact Dani and get your tshirts back to you.

I don't want this to escalate into anything else, so please don't take
this personally, get angry etc. Let's just end this and call it a day.

Regards,
Mike.

To which carl then replied:
I figured you were just being a dick. Thanks for confirming it. Not a problem. Have
a good one.

And I then sent:
Excuse me?
I was not in any way trying to delay this intentionally, not at all Carl.
But I feel that you deserve a refund and to hire someone who can get the
stuff done in a timely fashion.

Again, please confirm termination of this project and provide me with the
details in my previous email so I can refund your $400 and shoot you the
tshirts.

Regards,
Mike.

Carl (DomainFatigue) then replied with:
BS you could have had the photos up in 10 minutes but decided to play games. That's
pretty damn unprofessional for someone your age. I just posted on DNF and will
decide what to do next.

and i ended it now with:
Alright Carl, as you wish.

Regards,
Mike

I don't know what that says, 3 sites, all done but for some added photos. I didn't say i did it in spite, you guys can judge for yourself. I was in no way unprofessional and this is the second time DomainFatigue tries this Defamatory approach.

Last edited:

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The photos were the key to the third site. Mike knows that. When it first began I had a girl lined up who backed out. That's when he offered his cousins. I shipped them two t-shirts and paid several hundred dollars for the photos, which he has yet to produce or put up on the site. And reading his email after pleading with him for over a week, it's obvious he intentionally withheld them. The bottom line is he took money to do a job and didn't complete it. That is not only unprofessional but childish.

Does anyone remember the last thread over a week and a half ago when he said he would have the sites completed by Monday, November 30? And I agreed to have the thread removed? The third one still isn't done.

Last edited:

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I completed the other 2 sites by Monday as agreed but you gave me revisions. hence why it went on Carl. Stop trying to make me look bad, I can provide every single email between us in a timeline fashion to the members of DNF, admins, and anyone else to prove I'm not in the wrong. Sure there was a delay, but I'm not a scammer, I'm not unprofessional and most certainly not acting childish in any way. People can judge this by the FULL emails above, I can add more based on any other comments you make as it seems like you're nw skewing the issue to just get an upper hand of some sort.

I completed 2 sites, and the third one is just missing the gallery photos. Please if you want to carry on with yet another defamatory thread, be classy, keep to what happened and accuse me of things I did (if anything other than the delay card) not things you fabricate and skew.

PS. at the time, you didnt agree to have the thread removed, Johnn stated before anything that he was going to remove it anyway. You went on to even question his Moderation Authority as I recall, and as many will too : )

Last edited:

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If Johnn or anyone else (Wired) who vouched for MikeK (also known as MikeKK on the other forum NP where his account was terminated) wants to ask him for the photos of his cousins to at least verify that they exist, since despite his emails for over a month that he has them, but has never produced them, that would be great. Or Mike, why don't you post a link to them here. I paid for them about a month and a half ago and you said they were done right? Show us.

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to even reply to that nonsense. That's not even the case, please Carl stop digging your hole deeper. This is not about my cousins photos. it's about ME and MY reputation.

I felt that I couldn't deliver on something in a timely fashion so I offered you a refund and you seem to not want that, instead you just want to cause drama and trouble. Now you've gone on a second crusade of defaming me. What's wrong here?

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes. It is very much about you. Where are the photos I paid for and why didn't you put them on the site after a month and a half? Actually my first payment was two months ago...

Either you have them but decided to not to live up to your obligations to a paying customer out of spite, or you repeatedly lied about having them. That the photos are a major issue is evidenced by the emails that YOU posted. So which is it?

So, I owe you $400 I believe for the photos and gallery. Please
acknowledge termination of this project and provide me with the paypal
address you would like me to send the $400 to. I'd rather keep my cousins
photos and not stick them up on 'your' site given the turn of events. The
tshirts will be mailed back to you, please also give me the exact mailing
address. The photos will not be used in any way and will be disposed of
and i'm willing to take on the costs of having them taken, that's fine.

So where are they? Yes, this is about your reputation. Please prove to everyone here at DNF that you haven't been lying to a customer who paid you to do a job.

Last edited:

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainFatigue,

FYI, I do not vouch anyone in this or any other forums. From the old thread, you and MikeK have settled and ASKED me to close and delete the thread.
If you remembered I was the one that moved the thread to the Legal section so you two can work out.

Also, this matter is between you and MikeK so please don't drag any other member into your discussion.

Thank you for your cooperation.

John

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Oh dear, I'm starting to think it's attention you're after by doing this, in which case, I'm very sorry for you. I terminated the project, stated I wanted to refund your money, regardless of anything else and you went on to defame me. By the way, why you mentioned Johnn and Wired the way you did up there is out of order. People don't necessarily have to be friends to give their opinion on a public thread, why don't you get that?

This has gotten out of hand and it has turned into a bashing spaz. Carl, I have dealt with you in the utmost professional manner, never once called names or defamed you etc, I have ignored your repeated abusive emails and poorly worded messages as well as poor judgment and how to handle such a situation, but this is enough.

It is not hurting my reputation and that's far more valuable than any $ sum you can attach to it. So again, cut it out and act more professionally, please. If you have a legit comment, please share it, otherwise stop this nonsense.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Where is your evidence of the photos I paid for a month and a half ago and why haven't you completed the site? It is very simple. If in fact you feel your reputation is being tarnished disprove me now. Otherwise, the world needs to know that despite all of your assurances over a two month period including those over a week ago on DNF where I gave you another chance, you didn't follow through on a paid project.

Has anyone else here at DNF noticed the way Mike repeatedly side-steps this issue in his posts and has failed to address it?

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Johnn just asked you not to drag other members into the discussion, well done.

Anyway, I stated clearly in my prev posts, and emails that I provided above that I would no longer be providing you with the pictures due to how you were starting to threaten me all over again. I'm not side stepping the issue, I'm simply avoiding your lack of direction with this discussion and trying to resolve it rather than go on, and on and on.

Everyone can read, yes, there was a delay on my part, fair enough I never once stated otherwise, but in asking to refund the money for the pictures not added to the completed 3rd site, you went and side stepped by continuously asking for pictures.

Mate, let's assume there are no pictures, let's even assume I held them from you for other reasons, let's also assume, as you so eloquently, professionally and maturely put it in your prev email noted above, that i'm a "dick"...I tried to refund for work not done and make life easier for both of us, you refused the solution.

This is beyond ridiculous.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Johnn just asked you not to drag other members into the discussion, well done.

Anyway, I stated clearly in my prev posts, and emails that I provided above that I would no longer be providing you with the pictures due to how you were starting to threaten me all over again. I'm not side stepping the issue, I'm simply avoiding your lack of direction with this discussion and trying to resolve it rather than go on, and on and on.

Everyone can read, yes, there was a delay on my part, fair enough I never once stated otherwise, but in asking to refund the money for the pictures not added to the completed 3rd site, you went and side stepped by continuously asking for pictures.

Mate, let's assume there are no pictures, let's even assume I held them from you for other reasons, let's also assume, as you so eloquently, professionally and maturely put it in your prev email noted above, that i'm a "dick"...I tried to refund for work not done and make life easier for both of us, you refused the solution.

This is beyond ridiculous.

Members - There is is in a nut-shell>

Is it acceptable for a website designer to misrepresent a material fact to a client, inducing reliance of said client on that fact, receive money, drag a project that was supposed to be completed in a few weeks out for over two months, and then decide he's not going to complete it, refund the money, and everything is ok?

Would you accept that from someone you purchased a domain from?

If MikeK doesn't complete his end of this agreement or at the very least produce the pictures immediately, before he can come up with new ones, DNF needs to ban him just like NamePros did - just like any other scammer.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Members - There is is in a nut-shell>

Is it acceptable for a website designer to misrepresent a material fact to a client, inducing reliance of said client on that fact, receive money, drag a project that was supposed to be completed in a few weeks out for over two months, and then decide he's not going to complete it, refund the money, and everything is ok?

Would you accept that from someone you purchased a domain from?

If MikeK doesn't complete his end of this agreement or at the very least produce the pictures immediately, before he can come up with new ones, DNF needs to ban him just like NamePros did - just like any other scammer.

Carl,

My website has been postponed due to your project. The sooner you resolve your issue, the faster my site will be done, so please, see if you guys can settle this soon.

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Excuse me? Wow.
If someone is late on handing work, etc, simply ask for a refund, if they dont give it you then make it public. What part of that entire concept don't you get Carl?

I completed 2 of your sites during this one you keep mentioning, making it look like it was the only thing i was doing, as per your emails you were thrilled with the results too, must I share those? I completed this last site and added everything you requested , everything is done except the pictures. that's it. Dont make it seem like the site is not complete, not done, etc etc.

3 sites were done in that time frame, which included a ton of revisions and me waiting on you to send content in the first place way back when, you were still writingup the content after you hired me now that i checked back.

I'm fine with this thread not being deleted actually, it hurts you more than me. I was clear, and professional in my communication. You wanted to take it personally and bash me in public, you didnt want to resolve the issue, simply taking the bully route because you didnt get your way. Well sorry, people dont react well to abusive emails, Carl, or defamatory threads.

Carl,

My website has been postponed due to your project. The sooner you resolve your issue, the faster my site will be done, so please, see if you guys can settle this soon.

Thanks for always being so understanding Alex, you know I appreciate that more than anything. But when someone threatens to take legal action one moment, then starts raving in another thread the next, who can work properly in those circumstances?

This issue is done with as far as i'm concerned, he can go on all he wants in this thread, on other threads, in other communities, there's no pleasing him and he's totally unwilling to resolve the issue. So i'll be getting back at you shortly mate, thanks again.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mike, why were you banned on N*mepros?

Credit, why don't you just say what is on your mind - he hasn't finished your site either.

The sticking point with MikeK for over a week is his inability to produce photos I paid for a month and a half ago, and put them up on a simple website page. That took another designed on a previous site of mine a few minutes.

Credit, if he has been giving you the excuse that my simple site is taking up his time, and you believe it, I have some Florida swamp land for sale.

Why is MikeK simply not producing the photos in question here and now - he's just trying to buy time because he repeatedly lied about them. And he believes that fact doesn't affect his reputation?

Where are the photos Mike?

Now I'm the reason for the delay on Credit's project. That's funny, if anyone recalls the last thread it was family issues. Hilarious!

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
For the record, NP closed my account over a dispute I had with a staff member, I didnt see eye to eye with them and disagreed on certain actions taken by that individual publicly. I don't regret it so much as I was stating my honest opinion back then but, I did it publicly, they had a problem with that. Go over there if you like and ask an admin for confirmation of this.

Carl, again, as I said many times now, think what you like, I will not post the photos for you to use, nor will I satisfy this ridiculous need for you to gain more attention and play the victim here.

The project was terminated and you acknowledged so, again, i'm not stretching this out, on the contrary, you are. Please provide me with the pp info and shipping address so I can shoot you your money and tshirt back. There's no sense in going on any further with this discussion even, it's painfully obvious you just want to go on and on and not resolve this while I constantly try to end this sour project.

I'm not going to even go into the whole 'defamatory/abusive threads emails' thing right now. That's another issue for another day.

PS. I did not tell Credit you were the reason for my delay, it's pretty obvious. Again, please don't assume things etc.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For the record, NP closed my account over a dispute I had with a staff member, I didnt see eye to eye with them and disagreed on certain actions taken by that individual publicly.

Carl, again, as I said many times now, think what you like, I will not post the photos for you to use, nor will I satisfy this ridiculous need for you to gain more attention and play the victim here.

PS. I did not tell Credit you were the reason for my delay, it's pretty obvious. Again, please don't assume things etc.

Really, if one does a search on NP under your user name MikeKK there is a thread in which you are accused of selling a "lifted" template.

That is not satisfactory. Email the photos immediately to a trusted DNF moderator for verification. Otherwise you lied. That's fraud and you should be banned.

I only hope Credit and the others you have swindled step up to the plate and stop trying to be nice to appease you. I tried that and you dragged the "work" out for other two months.

By the way, I never accepted your termination any more than a domainer who buys a domain and receives an offer to get his money back two months later would.

How are you going to refund the money when your PayPal account was terminated for who-knows-what?

I also find it very interesting that in the previous thread you denied ever using MikeKK but are admitting it today. Could that be because when when does a Google search under MikeKK there is someone on a legal forum asking advice from attorneys after they were accused of fraud in 2008 - where you lived at the time in Michigan?

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Here you go again with accusations and more nonsense. I had a dispute with a member that was based around a misunderstanding, anyone that reads it can tell. Again, you're dragging this on and on.

Here's a definition for the word swindle Carl http://www.thefreedictionary.com/swindled

No one is trying to be nice to appease me, what are you on about? If Credit is not satisfied he can simply ask me for a refund but he has received work form me in the past, free work in fact that I gladly made revisions to and put in days worth of work into for him. He knows I deliver, thank you ver much. So does everyone I have worked with on DNF.

Again with the defamatory posts. I'm no longer entertaining your ridiculous comebacks. Feel free to go on with your crusade, I'm going to leave everyone else that reads this thread to make their own judgment. Feel free to email me the details ive asked for in your own time (pp/shipping address) to get this done with. Thanks.

Oj, as for the whole MikeKK confusion, at the time I had forgotten I used MikeK'K' on np, i usually sign up as MikeK (Michael Kane) but I believe MikeK was already taken there, I have no idea why I'm explaining this to you though, it's totally besides the point. And again, that user on that legal forum is NOT me. Contact them, do what you will, it is NOT me and this is a serious accusation.

As I said before and ill say this for the last time, feel free to email me the details ive asked for in your own time (pp/shipping address) to get this done with. Thanks.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here you go again with accusations and more nonsense. I had a dispute with a member that was based around a misunderstanding, anyone that reads it can tell. Again, you're dragging this on and on.

Here's a definition for the word swindle Carl http://www.thefreedictionary.com/swindled

No one is trying to be nice to appease me, what are you on about? If Credit is not satisfied he can simply ask me for a refund but he has received work form me in the past, free work in fact that I gladly made revisions to and put in days worth of work into for him. He knows I deliver, thank you ver much. So does everyone I have worked with on DNF.

Again with the defamatory posts. I'm no longer entertaining your ridiculous comebacks. Feel free to go on with your crusade, I'm going to leave everyone else that reads this thread to make their own judgment. Feel free to email me the details ive asked for in your own time (pp/shipping address) to get this done with. Thanks.

Oj, as for the whole MikeKK confusion, at the time I had forgotten I used MikeK'K' on np, i usually sign up as MikeK (Michael Kane) but I believe MikeK was already taken there, I have no idea why I'm explaining this to you though, it's totally besides the point. And again, that user on that legal forum is NOT me. Contact them, do what you will, it is NOT me and this is a serious accusation.

As I said before and ill say this for the last time, feel free to email me the details ive asked for in your own time (pp/shipping address) to get this done with. Thanks.

You still haven't addressed the issue regarding the picture and failure to complete the site I paid you to do.

How can you ask for my PayPal address when you don't have a PayPal account? By the way, why was your PayPal account canceled?

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I addressed the issue regarding the pictures like 5 times above, you seem to be missing it every time, or maybe you have nothing else to go with right now? Running out of things to say Carl? One can only hope.

Also, how was my paypal address canceled? it isn't. Regardless, I'm offering to refund your money back and you keep avoiding that and trying to stretch this further and further. i don't know if you're getting kicks out of this, but I can assure you, it has become pathetic. Read up, you should be embarrassed.

Please stop dodging me replies and countering them with different issues every time I reply. This is going no where, you have obviously given up on resolving the issue and are no longer willing to cooporate in a civil manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators