Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

milliondollarhomepage.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So he finishes up and then the site goes offline? I just typed in the domain a couple different times and it doesn't appear to be resolving right now.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what he do, almost fry the servers? it is coming up for me, but slow. I also noticed that the files that here hosted on his server while on ebay were not showing

prodigyair

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hehe, It doesnt... My site milliondollarhomepage.net is getting a lot of traffic now and sales! 3 sales today or so.. Its awesome! My traffic has been going up and bursted today to almost 3k uniques as of right now....

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One can debate this all they want - fact is the guy made a bundle on a simple idea that many others, including myself, wish we had thought of - so it's only natural for some people to be jealous.

Point is tha in the whole scope of things, the issue of whether the Ebay auction is legit or not, or whatever doesn't mean anything ... heck, even if he gave the last 1000 pixels away, and further accounts for what he / family spent on PR, webhosting, etc ... he is still, before taxes, likely coming out over $900K USD ahead - not bad for a simple idea LOL!

Ron

prodigyair

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr. Deleted... Yeah Im very happy.. especially since the name has recieved over 2,500 uniques today and with 2 hours left on the clock... I hope the visitors continue to buy pixels as well!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dude..all kinds of crazy stuff goes on when bidding or selling on ebay...

MillionDollarHomepage.com - here today...million dollars later..gone tommorrow...ahh the Internet.

I'm glad he did it and he is surely rich now as a result...it goes to prove that all things are possible (online at least) *if* you actually try.

teamwork

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anybody else having problem accessing milliondollarhomepage.com last days? name doesn't resolve for me...

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
teamwork said:
Does anybody else having problem accessing milliondollarhomepage.com last days? name doesn't resolve for me...
Yeah, same here. Didn't they have an issue with a DDoS attack recently?

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It went kaput basically after eBay finished and has been sporadic at best since then. I don't know about a DDOS, but it must certainly be an embarrassment for young Alex and his new $38k punter.

teamwork

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see 2 possibilities for this page.

1. the owner sold all this pixel, got around a million and starts thinking the next project or investment , so he has no time to deal with this page anymore (which means no more money to spend on supporting the traffic maybe), which will hurt his reputation maybe...
2. why not to sell the page on an ebay auction? it's the fastest thing he can done to capitalize the traffic he gets now at it's peaks

just thoughts

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, that won't work for many reasons. What he ought to do is offer to auction off all the pixels for the current owners and take a commission for himself. There's plenty more money there for him on that project if he thinks about it.

He has an obligation to keep it going; one that I'm sure he'll discharge.

teamwork

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
then maybe he adds more pages so he could sell more pixels? (I have seen such intention on other pixel sites....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators