Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Mini sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alzika

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have about 10 domains with nothing on them, and I get 0 revenue from domain parking.

Should I convert these to mini-sites using AdSense ads? How easy is it to make profitable return? I don't care if its just 10 cents a day, just any profit is what I'm looking for.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If there is no or little traffic then it may be a good idea to develop. But check your current traffic and see if the click-through rate cannot be improved by optimizing keywords. Sometimes domains are not earning because the keywords (and the ads) are not relevant.

MacyT.

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If there is no or little traffic then it may be a good idea to develop. But check your current traffic and see if the click-through rate cannot be improved by optimizing keywords. Sometimes domains are not earning because the keywords (and the ads) are not relevant.

and you might want to try a couple of different parking services as well. Some domains just do better at one service over another...

ArjunDhawan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would just like to add to what sdsinc and MacyT have said...

When you're optimizing keywords, make sure you make something "Forex" or "Money" related as keywords, as they're the most searched on the net, and will get you the most cash.

alzika

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the problem isn't the keywords.

It's just that I get no traffic to my parked domans! *grin*

alzika

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In that case, to make them profitable you need to develop/promote.

Would it be as simple to just make the site with a few content pages and then post a link on digg.com to the site? I really don't have much time. Even just 1 click a month would be better than nothing since the domain is already paid for.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would it be as simple to just make the site with a few content pages and then post a link on digg.com to the site? I really don't have much time. Even just 1 click a month would be better than nothing since the domain is already paid for.

That could work but don't depend on digg for traffic. Unless you have a really interesting story, you won't get any traffic. If you have no time for promotion, development alone will generate more interest and you should at least see a ROI on the domain purchase.

meetmydomains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Post the domain names... it may be easier for us to recommend different types of content, parking etc, to monetize. I use BANS (Read sig pages) to monetize many through an eBay aff program that works well but requires time to launch, mod, optimize etc. (10-16 hours total upfront, 1 hour a week during first 30, 1 hour a month beyond that)

Whypark has worked pretty good for me also - but there is a 99 up front fee for 100 domains.

Mark

sji2671

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you lack traffic then yes mini sites can generate traffic through long tail keywords quite effectively.
I made a post here on them on the main 3 different types.

dherwan

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how about sell your domain base on branding name ? not keywords history/search volume

Stinos

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I don't think that will be effective. Posting something on Digg isn't hard, but getting on the frontpage is. And the traffic decreases after a while. Don't get me wrong, it's okay to submit to Digg, cause you receive some backlinks.

Maybe you can put up a little site with a few pages. (no duplicated content) and use a service to submit your website at directories.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Create a mini-site only if you have strong keywords that have a high PPC payout. Not worth the time if the ads only make .03 a click. :lol:

whats the best way to find these?

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
alzika, you state that you don't have the time. If that's true, you're in the wrong business lol. You have to make the time. Work on each site one at a time, one page at a time. Make every aspect unique and interesting: layout, content, features, etc. You have nothing to lose as they aren't making anything right now.

alzika

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
alzika, you state that you don't have the time. If that's true, you're in the wrong business lol. You have to make the time. Work on each site one at a time, one page at a time. Make every aspect unique and interesting: layout, content, features, etc. You have nothing to lose as they aren't making anything right now.

I honestly wish I could make time. I'm working 40 hours a week and this is my final semester of college. After this semester, I'll be working on my Ph.D., so I really don't have the amount of time that I wish I did...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom