• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

.mobi - are you jazzed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaStiz

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
1,935
Reaction score
1
Are you going to backorder any? If so how many?

If not, why?
 
Oops, forgot to mention I have back ordered 5 total.
 
How do you back order? What do you mean? The extension is not even launched for public as of yet?
 
goodness no...what a horrible extension...
 
i've also backordered 5.
why do you think it'll be good?
 
No, why would anyone?

I guess poker, casino, hotel, etc., and they will be heavily back-ordered but that is about it.
 
How do you back order? What do you mean? The extension is not even launched for public as of yet?

You can back order at Pool, Rick.

Once it launches they use their technology to pick up names just as if they were a drop.

I am really unsure what to think of the extension. However if I spend a couple 300 bucks or so..it will not be a huge loss or anything I end up with some crap names.
 
LOL what an unfair advantage here... With Pool having a vast group of registrars diggin for them how will the other registrars with only one connection have a chance?
 
LOL what an unfair advantage here... With Pool having a vast group of registrars diggin for them how will the other registrars with only one connection have a chance?

its called capitalism...
 
.mobi is such a terrible name that I can't see it going anywhere...

I suppose a few select .mobi may be worth something like various adult oriented domains like porn.mobi, sex.mobi, etc along with maybe some select financial / business words.

With mobile phones blending into computers with advanced web browsers, where does .mobi fit into things when .com will also work on the same device? ... and better too, since .com is a character shorter!

Ron
 
p.s. some have suggested that cell phone providers may default their phones to use .mobi when no extension is entered making .mobi effectively into a keyword system ... I foresee many problems with that, including much phishing, but it might catch on ... if it does some .mobi registrants could potentially make some good bank.
 
i back ordered 17 of them,

prolly will do nothing with them, just add to my collection
 
I backordered like a hundred ...
I hope they're not sooo good in catching otherwise I have no idea how to pay that...


haha, I know what you mean. I am always scared of going oveboard so I set a limit.

If they are REALLY good at catching you are going to have a big bill on your hands :)
 
You know what, after my post I went and reviewed the list again.
I didn't realize many of them are the soo called premium domains, so surely, I won't get them since they'll be auctioned in other date.
I have like 15 spanish domains backordered. Which I know I will yet have to fight against "halvarez" as usual...
 
No interest here.

But if manufacturers start locking mobile device browsers so they can only surf on the .mobi extention then it will certainly be a different story. I can't think of any other reason for Vodafone, Samsung, Ericsson and Nokia to be involved in this otherwise pointless extention.
 
Yes that's why I will try to get few good ones. However, I don't think they will legally be able to do that.

But if manufacturers start locking mobile device browsers so they can only surf on the .mobi extention then it will certainly be a different story. I can't think of any other reason for Vodafone, Samsung, Ericsson and Nokia to be involved in this otherwise pointless extention.
 
Why .MOBI is BAD EXTENSION:

1. too long

2. resembles mob :)

3. how much can you do in the cell phone screen....virtually no content...almost no adsense.

4. high reg fees

5. all good domains will be auctioned by the registry....check their list and you will find they are calling everything premium so they can auction it to the highest bidder. So one will be in the whole to beign with.

5. sounds AWEFUL to me
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom