Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.mobi rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do any of you think that we should start setting guidelines when posting .mobi appraisals? .mobis, not just being typed-in 1 and 2-worded names like you would use for the PC. have different usage. As you all know, .mobi is not like .com, .net, .org, .eu, etc (they are all for pc). .mobi is for a totally different industry and technology - mobile phones. The way that a user types in a name, the reason why the user types in the name, and the developed and undeveloped .mobi seems to have completely different values.
Do you all think that we should set a standard? A new path on values of .mobi?
So, when a person wants an appraisal or wants to sell the .mobi on this site, they should state something like.....:

1. name
2. keypresses
3. why a user would type in the name
4. when a user would type in the name
5. which country it targets (international,regional, etc.)
6. if all other extensions are taken
7. ?

With the other extensions, the user would only think of the word. But with .mobi, there are other obstacles.

Dont you think when a person asks for an appraisal, with the guidelines like above would help others appraise easier and would help prevent some of us (like me) from registering useless names in the future?

What do you think? :shy:

3dGEEK

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dont you think when a person asks for an appraisal, with the guidelines like above would help others appraise easier and would help prevent some of us (like me) from registering useless names in the future?

What do you think? :shy:

I think you you have regged some crackers there MobileDesigner. hang in there my friend and don't be so hard on yourself. :shy:

I have picked many names which are 'crap' to others, but I kept an open mind and took a gamble and truly believe in them.

In my opinion, if all else fails... develop them :yes:

msl

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sounds fair J could be a good way to gauge the resell / guide prices....

The main thing is that "normal" everyday people will NOT be keypressing the full word, unless they can remember the exact number sequence to get to the word enetered by heart, thus most ppl will keypress say: 321, in the real world of normal people using cells/mobiles this would be: DA. as in 3=D 2=A 3=. (full stop) nearly all (not asian/eastern) key entry is the same....so i fyou want say "FISH" you would need to remember: 333444777744 as the key sequence... as a comparision "DAM" would simply be 326....

the values and the future of "how" mobi sites SHOULD be accessed is very, very different to how they CAN BE! so #'s will always be where the money and the phone users memory will be :smilewinkgrin: in mobi! >>>> until .mob comes out in 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators