Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

moniker === Moniker Bugs ===

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It looks like Moniker has a lot of problems with the new system and instead of mixing complains and reporting bugs I want to create this thread for BUGS Reporting Only.

Hopefully Moniker will come here and "work with us to resolve the problems" before the members leaving Moniker because of these problems.
Some of the members cannot leave Moniker for the moment because they have too many names with Moniker and moving all the names out at once is not practical.

Let keep it short and clear. Here are the bugs that I know for sure.

1. Account Balance is gone - Account balance is reset to $0
2. No Total at the check out. There is nothing in the Shopping Cart and no Total at the check out so you don't know how much you will pay
3. Paypal option is not working - It always default to Credit card payment regardless of what you set
4. I transfer from current balance to prepayment amount last night - when I logged in this morning it's all gone
5. Stop sending who is verification email 200 times a day
6. Combine all the names and send email once for expired or about to expire names - not one email for one name

7. Unlock - Transfer out with authorization code problem

These problems needed to be fixed ASAP

Domain summit 2024

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Johnn-
1 -Account balance was all there.- i am lucky as far as that goes.--
2- Can't pay for immediate renewal while you're on the website like you used to. If you pick "Renew Immediately" you are making a request to Moniker to make that charge and they only do it after you log off.- and then you get the invoice by email. Very weird.-
3 - In my case when I chose pay by credit card the charge was made against cash balance.--Did not want that.
4 -That's bad. Get back the balance you lost in the prepaid - you know what it was?And now when you added funds it was gone-- this is bad.
5 -Haven't received whois verifications since conversion. - Suppose I will.
6- Changed setting to "Renew On Expiry Date" instead of the default "Delete On Expiry Date" they had given to all my names which was scary-- got individual emails for each domain stating change instead of bulk email for all domains in bulk action -- you are correct here.
7 -Did notice quite a few domains were unlocked when I signed in -took three tries to re-lock them -- now they all seem locked --Haven't tried any transfer out since conversion.

-- Will be going there today to check on things -- good luck to everyone.

Last edited:

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Regarding account balances, Moniker now automatically deducts any amounts due from the account balance before using any other payment option, even for partial payments. For example, if your account balance is $5 and you register a .COM domain for $9 they will use up the account's prepaid cash amount and then charge your credit card with $4. They should have communicated this change before implementing it. I had to ask support because my account balance was reduced to zero, too.

They only accept PayPal for payments of more than $25 for the time being, if I'm not mistaken. Could that be your problem?

NosajiX

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It looks like Moniker has a lot of problems with the new system and instead of mixing complains and reporting bugs I want to create this thread for BUGS Reporting Only.

Hopefully Moniker will come here and "work with us to resolve the problems" before the members leaving Moniker because of these problems.
Some of the members cannot leave Moniker for the moment because they have too many names with Moniker and moving all the names out at once is not practical.

Let keep it short and clear. Here are the bugs that I know for sure.

1. Account Balance is gone - Account balance is reset to $0
2. No Total at the check out. There is nothing in the Shopping Cart and no Total at the check out so you don't know how much you will pay
3. Paypal option is not working - It always default to Credit card payment regardless of what you set
4. I transfer from current balance to prepayment amount last night - when I logged in this morning it's all gone
5. Stop sending who is verification email 200 times a day
6. Combine all the names and send email once for expired or about to expire names - not one email for one name

7. Unlock - Transfer out with authorization code problem

These problems needed to be fixed ASAP

I cannot believe this! -> I do not even see a transfer out option AND they are more than 24 hours not responding to support!

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe this! -> I do not even see a transfer out option AND...
What do you mean by "transfer out option"? You can unlock domains either by clicking on the lock symbol or by using the drop-down menu. For auth codes, click on the domain, then enable advanced settings and click on the auth code button.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just tried to call them with no luck. I hung up after half an hour of being on hold.

Moniker has been passed around so many times over the last few years that the registrar has herpes. How many times has this registrar been bought and sold? Twice? Three times? Four times?

The consistent theme spanning multiple owners has been terrible or completely absent customers service. Is the registrar so unprofitable that it can't afford a support team? That is what it seems like.

I caught a drop via Snapnames years ago that ended up at a now defunct Russian based shell registrar. The shell registrar had better customer service than Moniker, no exaggeration. That is what Moniker has come to. Way to set the bar high.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the biggest bug in my opinion is that i have hundreds of domains listed in my moniker account that are not actually with moniker, these are snapnames regisrars and reference 'abuse@web.com'. While i can unlock these domains from the moniker control panel, the auth codes they give me are bogus so i can't transfer them. snapnames has no idea when i will be able to manage the domains on their side. this is going to cause people to lose domains.

otherwise, the invoice mess is a big problem too. i am afraid to load any money as it just gets sucked out by all these invoices that list the same domain 2, 3 sometimes even 8 times. i am done calling them and wasting my time as nothing was never resolved by these calls.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Renew/Delete Domains"... Seriously Moniker, just go out of business finally. You've lost the plot! Enough is enough.

The first thing I think about when renewing a domain is "where is the delete option".

Moniker.com went full retard...

Domains are money to me. Imagine if my bank had a "deposit funds/give full balance to charity" button side by side? Does that sound logical to you guys? The interface will absolutely cause people to delete domains accidentally.

Last edited:

Domainator

DotAgent
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It looks like I have two domains missing as of this morning. I went in and changed all the domains to renew at expiration, the default is/was delete at expiration. That was not smart on their part, so BEWARE, check the renewal status on your domains....

I absolutely cannot reach them via phone, and tried different times of the day. No answer on support ticket.

Somewhere I saw the CEO's name, I plan to write a note to her

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Regarding account balances, Moniker now automatically deducts any amounts due from the account balance before using any other payment option, even for partial payments. For example, if your account balance is $5 and you register a .COM domain for $9 they will use up the account's prepaid cash amount and then charge your credit card with $4. They should have communicated this change before implementing it. I had to ask support because my account balance was reduced to zero, too.

They only accept PayPal for payments of more than $25 for the time being, if I'm not mistaken. Could that be your problem?
moniker now has the same system paypal does: when you have a paypal balance or any moniker balance in moniker pre-paid funds the systems take the money to pay for your purchases first from any cash balance and then if it's not enough they try to charge your default credit card (with moniker). with paypal at least you can withdraw the cash balance and transfer it to your bank and it's effetive immediately so that all the funds for the purchase have to come from your credit card. with moniker you can't. and you can't tell the system which credit card to charge for the rest of the money. one should always have this choice and moniker won't give me this choice now. this stinks and they didn't even use my default credit card last time- they used the other one which i didn't like.

as a separate problem moniker required me to be in the prepaid i program to get registration fee, renewal, transfer,etc. for a few cents under the retail so i had to keep that balance of 50 without touching it. if it fell below 50 then they'd charge me more for the transaction. now i don't even know if the 'pre-paid' programs even exist anymore so there may be no need to keep any money with them if all people get the same rates -- but i doubt this. anyone know where thee new pre-paid levels are displayed? can't find that anywhere.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
one positive change on moniker. ceo probably got some mail after the email sent to all customers.

- instead of saying Delete On Expiry Date as one of your choices the drop-down menu now says Delete After Grace Period. move in the right direction:)

Domainator

DotAgent
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I am still working with them to get back 2 domains that disappeared from my account upon expiration.... I still dont have them back

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
send a mail to the ceo directly domainator:)

have not seen martij around lately to deal with current issues on dnf.

Last edited:

patents

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We are still waiting for any reply from Moniker about several dozen domain names that we renewed but still show "in redemption" at the registry.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay, so call me dense but how do I manually renew a fricking domain name? And why is there NO record of all the old transactions in our accounts?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay, so call me dense but how do I manually renew a fricking domain name? And why is there NO record of all the old transactions in our accounts?

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you can't renew a name manually in real time focus- you pick the Renew Immediately option in the drop down menu but you can't renew it while inside of your account.
after you logoff the systems will do it for you and you will get a confirmation email minutes later (hours?) that it's been renewed for you.
who came up with this? :)

and all of your transaction and invoice history before site remodeling has disappeared.
maybe bonnie (new ceo) can tell us how to get it back?

patents

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Today I've found at least two domain names removed from our account after the "upgrade" at Moniker.
Both were successfully renewed about three weeks ago with payments accepted by Moniker for those renewals.
Both names are now listed in the whois as belonging to others.

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I struggled for a while getting auth-codes for my domain, and I finally found out what is wrong and how to get your auth-codes. It seems that there are two ways to get your auth codes. One does work, one does not:

1. This is broken, don't use it: From the list of domains tick the checkboxes to select domains, then select 'export auth codes' from the dropdown top left, and submit.
  2. This seems to work: In the list of domains, click the domain name you want the auth code for. On the next page tick the 'advanced settings' checkbox, then scroll down and click 'request auth code via email'.

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ALERT! ALERT! ALERT!

I have four domains that I renewed and all are listed in my Moniker account with a 2015 expiration date! Problem is that all are in "REDEMPTION" status--right now!

I suspect there was a "slight" problem with some of the SnapNames domains that Network Solutions was assuming control of from Moniker.

Forgot to mention that EVERYONE should check the "status" of their renewed (entire month of May) domains.

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators