Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

moniker Moniker.com down?

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I apologize for any inconvenience this downtime may have caused you. It was due to a network outage in LA. We are now up/running.

Thanks for your patience.

websiteacquire

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I apologize for any inconvenience this downtime may have caused you. It was due to a network outage in LA. We are now up/running.

Thanks for your patience.

Its still down!

virtualrealestate

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still down and URL forwarding is all dead.... I have database clients calling me non-stop .... WTF Moniker???? Get your SH-T together, you're a multi million dollar company; get some redundancy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

virtualrealestate

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still down and URL forwarding is all dead.... I have database clients & website owners calling me non-stop .... WTF Moniker???? Get your SH-T together, you're a multi million dollar company; get some redundancy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At least give your customers a true answer! 2,500 domains registered with them and they (Moniker, Monte, etc) don't answer the phone or reply to emails .... great company!

websiteacquire

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
its only up if you are within the USA

What a JOKE!!!!

greatdomainz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Running fine in NY... I feel for you guys with downtime though.

virtualrealestate

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm in NY and still nothing is working. Can't reach Moniker's site. My URL Forwarding is not working. Other domains having DNS issues. My clients can not reach my databases. NOT ONE ANSWER FROM MONIKER. No one answering their phones, no one replying to emails.... Monte, Bari, Mike, John M ... where is anyone? Please tell us the truth of whats going on. This is getting out of hand now.

virtualrealestate

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, but what's the issue with their site and service? Why is everything still down? Why did it go down? How come it works for some, and nothing works for some?
They don't have 1 person that can explain what's going on?

greatdomainz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm in NY and still nothing is working. Can't reach Moniker's site. My URL Forwarding is not working. Other domains having DNS issues. My clients can not reach my databases. NOT ONE ANSWER FROM MONIKER. No one answering their phones, no one replying to emails.... Monte, Bari, Mike, John M ... where is anyone? Please tell us the truth of whats going on. This is getting out of hand now.

NYC or upstate VRE?... I'm near Binghamton... URL forwarding, DNS, account access - all seems to be running smoothly here.

TSD

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Regarding why it is down for some and not others ... I think all four of their nameservers were down for everyone for about two hours earlier today and since then have recovered. The problem may be that queries to any domain that uses their nameservers, your sites or monikers own site, are usually cached and thus testing from your own connection can cause results that are not accurate as far as what everyone else is getting at that moment. One thing that helps is to test from multiple locations. This way you can at least see if the majority of such are working or not. If some are not working they may still be accessing cached domain records. A good site for such is the following:

http://host-tracker.com/check_res_ajx/4068083-0/

Last edited:

virtualrealestate

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
About 40 miles north of NYC ... but I have clients all over the US and my custom written apps can't reach my databases (neither can I); the Domain Names where I call for my databases can't be resolved .. as if they dont exist .... so do u think its because of where my clients are? or because of where my servers are? (My servers are here with me in NY and I personally can not get to Moniker.com or see my URL Forwarding working)

websiteacquire

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
for everyone who thinks its back up and running, don't be fooled!

Only people in the US can access your domain if its with moniker. If you care about website traffic outside of the US then no one can access your website at all. Domains with Moniker are completely down for the rest of the world and have been for the last 11 hours (possibly more). A total joke of a service!!! Am considering leaving Moniker now and will move my entire portfolio somewhere else more reliable. My business has suffered terribly as a result of this downtime, lots of money has been lost today

TSD

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you click the link in my last post, you will see that there are many locations outside the US that can connect fine to sites (including Monikers own) that use Moniker's nameservers.

websiteacquire

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well I've tried 8 different networks in different states in Australia and nothing :(

TSD

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you are trying this using a program on your computer, make sure to flush your DNS cache. Either reboot or I think the command is ipconfig /flushdns on a PC.

If trying from some site on the web, similar to the link I posted, I am not sure why 8 different locations would be failing, does not seem like it would be a cache issue if they are all on different networks. I'll go look for a site that tests from Australian locations.

Last edited:

websiteacquire

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for your help TSD! It feels good that someone out there cares :)

yeah I'm pretty sure its not cache, I've tested it on completely different ISP's in different states but I have dedicated hosting in the US and when I accessed it from my server Moniker was working. But def not anywhere in Aus from what I can see.

It really is painful, I have hundreds of clients complaining to me every few minutes asking what is going on and there's nothing I can do!

axeman

The One and Only
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still down here in Aus. I have been wanting to transfer a domain from there anyway, i think ill expidite the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom