Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024
This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First, I was a huge fan of Moniker.com and recommended them to everyone, domainer or not. NOW, I am warning everyone to STAY AWAY. They are a scam. I have lost multiple domains, and I am losing more as we speak. They REFUSE to reply to my emails, any contact to support is either not replied to and or they send back some generic response about a wiki article. They are a total scam. Any company that takes your money and does not provide support is a scam, especially in any technical area. I can't fix the problems that are occurring on their end so I need their assistance. This is huge, happening to all my friends that I spoke to about it. It's one of worst things I have seen since I entered the domain industry, in over 10+ years! How can they just steal my domains, and then sell them at other outlets and not assist me in getting them back?

I recommend you pass this warning on, and remove all your domain, transfer them out before this happens to you. I am not alone, ask around. I have done nothing wrong to warrant this treatment. A loyal customer and I have been rewarded with scam activity and losses of thousands of dollars in domain value, time, and emotion connection. I know we're not supposed to get attached to our domains but each one represents a body of effort to acquire and a dream to fulfill its potential. And with Moniker.com, I am left empty handed with nothing but loss after loss. Sad but it's real. I have done my part to warn you all, as a friend and colleague in the business. I have done what I could.

Paul

Domain summit 2024

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You know I've been jerked around for a month with unauthorized credit cards from Moniker. Almost 3 hours of time has been wasted on phone calls, e-mail & worthless support system with no results & just unfulfilled promises of refunds. Hopefully I didn't lose any domains I think like others did but it is possible in the complete mess they created. I've had to watch my account & credit card like a hawk now. It wasn't even major money for me but now it's a month later. They need to not only refund people but also credit people's accounts for all the stress & time wasted by their customers. Like yourself, I recommended Moniker to others because the support & pricing were very good. Now pricing is the only thing they have going for them so I, like many others, are looking for an alternative registrar to move my domains to.

stevenhartley

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, will check my account now and transfer out the remaining domains I have with them!

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While I was very unhappy weeks ago when they changed over and still unhappy about the paypal minimum and not immediate results for changes or the lousy invoice system via email that is confusing.

Last night I decided to update the payment info, renew 3 domains and maybe luckily it all happened! I only waited maybe 30 minutes for invoices to start showing the renewals and payment info update. Checked the names and sure enough, renewed. DNS change works fine and so does unlocking names. I have yet to try a push or get an auth code. So yes, it sucks but so far so good for me.

I still would like to get around to transferring out though :)

LarryWentz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Paul - I'm keeping up the pressure for you on Twitter. Moniker will need to address this issue in this thread. (I still haven't received my refund after multiple false promises throughout the last 40 days). They need to do more even "if" we ever get refunds or domains lost back into accounts.

Show up & address Paul's issue here Moniker! Don't like that idea... I don't care.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
only had minor issue trying to renew a couple of names yesterday

however, once I added funds, via paypal.. the invoices were processed shortly

btw: customer service answered the phone and was very helpful resolving my issue.

LarryWentz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I only got thru 2 of the 5-6 times via phone... obviously my problems weren't handled. My 9 support tickets weren't handled so far either. They claim I was refunded 8 days ago but nothing shows in my Moniker or Credit card account. I've been jerked around for the last 40 days with false refund promises & massive time wasted with "lack of support" nonsense. Now I'm so pissed that even "if" I get a refund I'm going to give them bad PR by pointing people to problems of others that they aren't addressing. Here's their Facebook page - you can see a # of people with issues there that are getting ignored as well - https://www.facebook.com/MonikerSnap

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had a few small issues this week, did a lot in the account, everything was handled via email support within 24 hrs each time. I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone though, apart from that things are slowly turning imo. Not perfect by far but turning.

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Luckily the most annoying things that happened to me were:

- domains that were magically unlocked
- bulk auth-key exports that did not work (and still do not work)
- lousy support

Once I got auth-codes I was able to transfer domains away without further issues.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Where is the bulk auth code feature located?
Although.. I guess if it doesn't work then there's no point in using it.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Paul, come back to enom - no drama and I have kept your old reseller account warm all these years.

:)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

electrisoft

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
confirmed! I've got scammed by them too, few of my premium domain was expired and they took away from my account! contact them but no response!!!! STAY AWAY! You has been warmed!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom