Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

moniker Moniker: Down again. They should just close it down.

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So frustrating when you are in a hurry to do something and the registrar is down.
You have no recourse. And its always Moniker. I dont see this with anyone else.

Why do they have such a poor record?

You would think Moniker does not make much profit. I could be wrong; does anyone know?
If they dont, they should just sell the customers to another registrar.

Just shut the thing down already.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Loading veryyyyy slowly.
Their servers must be overloaded or it could be a DDOS.

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
None of the Moniker, Snap Names, & Domain Sponsor sites are resolving for me.

Last edited:

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hang on. It should be up soon!

I am on the phone with Bari.................

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

It's up now.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Didn't Bari leave Moniker months ago?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy also a big problem with their all to short ongoing time-outs which prevent you from doing much work online and can cause you to lose the tedious work done just before the timeout nonsense.

No valid need for time-outs on my home computer!

So frustrating when you are in a hurry to do something and the registrar is down.
You have no recourse. And its always Moniker. I dont see this with anyone else.

Why do they have such a poor record?

You would think Moniker does not make much profit. I could be wrong; does anyone know?
If they dont, they should just sell the customers to another registrar.

Just shut the thing down already.

sitehq

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
possible all parked sites are down also?? at domain sponsor

rentdn

T_T
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same here unable to change nameservers for my client for already 12 hours , I guess I'll transfer away all my domains from moniker pretty soon

Last edited:

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't see any point in sticking around with them either. GoDaddy seem to have made leaps and bounds in terms of security and features since I left them for Moniker years ago anyway

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay I'll bite!!!

It's shocking to see this same topic over and over again and people still using them, Why???? Can you explain why you guys stay there?

I used Moniker and starting moving out about 4-5 years ago... I have not had a good Rep there since Lee Odom.

JMO.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't see any point in sticking around with them either. GoDaddy seem to have made leaps and bounds in terms of security and features since I left them for Moniker years ago anyway

After much hands-on experience over many years with both GD and Moniker I have finally come to the conclusion Moniker is far better than GD overall. No doubt support and domain prices can be better at GD. However with that said, as far as the website interface, features, non-commercialized without heavy upselling, simplicity and ease of use is concernecd clearly Moniker is light years better vs GD. That's why I am now migrating back to Moniker contrary to what others seem to be doing!

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After much hands-on experience over many years with both GD and Moniker I have finally come to the conclusion Moniker is far better than GD overall. No doubt support and domain prices can be better at GD. However with that said, as far as the website interface, features, non-commercialized without heavy upselling, simplicity and ease of use is concernecd clearly Moniker is light years better vs GD. That's why I am now migrating back to Moniker contrary to what others seem to be doing!

David,

I find it very hard to believe you are that happy at Moniker. Wait until you have some urgent situation, with a dev project, and you need to update nameservers or some other issue, and you cant even login. Then post here and tell us how much you love Moniker.

They could have become the 'domainers registrar' but they blew it for sure.

Godaddy now has DTVS security, its very good. I recommend anyone who has domains at godaddy to ask their rep about DTVS.

Kevin

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I feel the same way about GoDaddy, better interface, majority of end users and resellers use GoDaddy. Best customer service, instant refunds, instant results... the only thing that sucks about GD is hosting, everything else is priceless. Domain push is easy as 1 2 3.

Moniker interface sucks, hard to navigate, user not friendly, too many down times, 1 out of 1000 sales I get asked if I have a moniker account. The remaining 999 sales were instant push from account to account at GD.

Not to mention I never pay more then $7.xx for .com's, renewals! GoDaddy was the first to boost our industry by offering affordable registration fees, the remaining greedy bastards over charged and over charged. GoDaddy gave way for the average Joe to register dozens of domain names with out getting a 2nd mortgage!

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, exactly. GD is great but hosting sucks. I ended my hosting account there when the stopped supporting part of the environment and my site stopped working.
The other problem at GD is very fast timeouts. I like to stay logged in but if you turn away, you get logged out. If you have a domain list in the cart, you lose it.
So you have to constantly focus or keep notes on things, its a pain. But a small pain.

When moniker is down and I need to update dns that is a BIG pain.

I feel the same way about GoDaddy, better interface, majority of end users and resellers use GoDaddy. Best customer service, instant refunds, instant results... the only thing that sucks about GD is hosting, everything else is priceless. Domain push is easy as 1 2 3.

Moniker interface sucks, hard to navigate, user not friendly, too many down times, 1 out of 1000 sales I get asked if I have a moniker account. The remaining 999 sales were instant push from account to account at GD.

Not to mention I never pay more then $7.xx for .com's, renewals! GoDaddy was the first to boost our industry by offering affordable registration fees, the remaining greedy bastards over charged and over charged. GoDaddy gave way for the average Joe to register dozens of domain names with out getting a 2nd mortgage!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy transfer instant refunds do not happen and Moniker's inteface if FAR better vs GD and much easier to use. With failed or cancelled GD transfers you can wait forever and never get refund or credit unless you specifically request it.

.....better interface - instant refunds,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators