Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

moniker Moniker has a lot of friggin balls...

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm confused... Yes, I'm going to come to the conclusion that I am just confused and NOT jump to any other conclusion. YET.

Things are not what they were perported to be and not, apparently, what they seem.

GoPC

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The entire Moniker database will be removed from the system...it was not supposed to load when it loaded all the other domains submitted.

Should be completed by the end of the day.

Again, we appologize for the confusion.

Thank you

H

H2FC

Whats the big deal?
A name doesn't have to be sold or even responded to just because somebody makes an offer on it......does it?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whats the big deal? A name doesn't have to be sold or even responded to just because somebody makes an offer on it......does it?

A major concern is a name being offered for sale can be successfully used as evidence against you of bad faith in a WIPO proceeding.

In addition, you may not want to sell some of your flagship names anyway which may also be active websites and do not want them indexed by the SE as being listed for sale since your customers and others may see them.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MonikerMan sent you a PM uesterday to set specia lprices and still havent got any reply yet

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You mean less than 3.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Will there be security measures in place so that others can't list domain names that they don't control? Sedo has had that problem, whereby others can list your domains for sale.

Ideally, for domains that are not at Moniker.com, an email would be sent to the admin contact, to verify that they do want to be listed in the Marketplace system.

BTW, adding a "bulk check", so that we can search for 100 or 1000 domains at a time, might be useful, so that folks can easily determine whether someone else has listed one of their domains for sale, when it was not authorized.

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Will there be security measures in place so that others can't list domain names that they don't control? Sedo has had that problem, whereby others can list your domains for sale.

Ideally, for domains that are not at Moniker.com, an email would be sent to the admin contact, to verify that they do want to be listed in the Marketplace system.

BTW, adding a "bulk check", so that we can search for 100 or 1000 domains at a time, might be useful, so that folks can easily determine whether someone else has listed one of their domains for sale, when it was not authorized.

I don't think Moniker has to worry about anyone using their selling services now, after this debacle.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I sent them an email about this and they responded within 3 minutes:

I hope this e-mail finds you well.

Please be advised that the domain names were submitted to the Markeplace Pro
in error.

Technical Support is now in the process as removing the domain names. The
names should be removed within the next few hours.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hope this e-mail finds you well.

Please be advised that the domain names were submitted to the Markeplace Pro
in error.

Technical Support is now in the process as removing the domain names. The
names should be removed within the next few hours.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Some people might lost thousands of dollars due to this error of moniker. how can they make such a blunder mistake??
Is moniker still one man show? there is no one to check before they implement the software?

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whats the big deal?
A name doesn't have to be sold or even responded to just because somebody makes an offer on it......does it?

It is equivalent to a real estate agent putting a for sale sign in your yard. Neighbors call and ask, why are you selling? You say, I'm not.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not from here Theo

Sorry, but no domains or websites matched your search.

You selected: Domain Name: q4.org

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have an account with domains that you do not want in the MarketplacePro system, just email [email protected] with your account number.

WHAT???? We have to email, if we don`t wan`t to sell????? This is a joke right?? It should be the other way around

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Was this a Moniker Land Grab? The "Back filling" of their domain sales service? Even now, despite the "mistake" they can claim that they brought more domains for sale into the marketplace on their first day of business than any other sales site.

<chuckle>

Still no word on the Silent Auction... with the Chaos at seems to be happening, does that mean yet another day will go by with no closure?

GoPC

Sonny

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It is generally unhealthy to be a victim. Mistakes happen in life. They are aware of the situation and I'm sure everyone has emailed and called them multiple times so let Moniker correct the problem and leave them alone.

Multiple victim posts espousing worst case scenarios really doesn't help the cause too much. Go ahead and move your names out of there if you are so offended. If I were Monte I would politely ask some of the chronic victims to please take their business elsewhere.

There were legitimate concerns expressed but tagging up on someone post after post after he has admitted the mistake doesn't look too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators