Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

moniker Moniker Obstructing Domain Transfers

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah I see what you're saying. There's no link to manage the domains on the front page. I go under "My Account > My Domains" to get to the domain list.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it is a brain damaged user interface. There are at least 3 different words used, on various pages, to pull up domains; no consistency. It drives me insane. I can figure it out but the problem is, I am online all day - every site has a different UI - so it just pisses me off when its this bad. I have too much to think about to also have to think about issues like this that just should not be there.

In 2012 we should have clear, easy-to-navigate user interfaces.

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As soon as you login ( 1 click) ..you land on the "MY Account" page with the "DashBoard" tab opened . To get to the list with all your domains listed and full management navigation go to DOMAINS OVERVIEW listed under Dashboard tab and click on "Domains with Moniker" "or corresponding number of names listed) ( 2nd click) or "My Domains" Tab ( All roads lead to "My Domains" page) see left side navigation "domain actions" with every possible management function to bulk manage up to 5000 names at a time plus you can change customize your views. Hope that helps

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NO, it does not help because you are not reading my specific question, John.

What you describe will work for a first signin session. Fine; now set that little sequence aside and please do the following. AFTER you have logged in (like what you described above) imagine you accidentally closed the tab, or you went to a new site in the same tab, and used that tab for awhile (so, backscreen is not a good option). Now type in:

www.Moniker.com

You are ALREADY logged in. So tell me how to get to my domains now? There is no login offered; your login is active. And on this page, the main page of Moniker, there is NO LINK to get to your domains. Please just try it before you answer this message.

Kevin

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Would still be 2 clicks . Click #1 My ACCOUNT click #2 see any of the above. I suppose we could add a new botton to eliminate the 2nd click and make it one click. I seems that what your main issue is ...looks like we have room to add a MY Domains button in main Navigation...I will bring up to the webmaster. Thanks for the feedback

Last edited:

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would still be 2 clicks . Click #1 My ACCOUNT click #2 see any of the above. I suppose we could add a new botton to eliminate the 2nd click and make it one click. I seems that what your main issue is ...looks like we have room to add a MY Domains button in main Navigation...I will bring up to the webmaster. Thanks for the feedback

John:

There is NO link 'My Account'. Sorry buddy. There used to be but someone there cleverly chanted it to "News & Resources" (on the right).

Just try it before you respond to this:

1. Login
2. go to this page: http://www.Moniker.com
3. try to find your domains. Cant do it! There is no My Account or anything like it.

texasguy

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been wondering the same. I batch transfer domains out of Moniker but they always seem to hold at least one of them up it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom