Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker Moniker private data exposed: privacy broken

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fredlucas

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a good number of domains at Moniker that I have purchased privacy for.

I recently checked whois and my information was directly exposed. I reconfirmed that the domains had privacy set in Moniker's admin.

No response to an email sent to support two days ago. I only have 200 domains there, which I guess isn't enough to warrant a response from support.

Run. Flee.

Domain Summit 2024

socalboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Fred,

Would you mind posting as to what happened? I was considering transferring domains there, and on some I want privacy. I cannot afford to have that kind of screw up.

Thanks.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I only have 200 domains there, which I guess isn't enough to warrant a response from support.

Sad that you have this attitude, but with Moniker's dated support system, I can understand why....Does not matter if you have 1 domain in your account or 1000, As clients, we all deserve a response within a reasonable amount of time...reasonable meaning 24 to 48 hours.

I've been pressing Moniker to implement a support ticket system (external) meaning accessible to both support and client, something like what Parked or Enom has.....It has been received with little enthusiasm... :disappointed:

silhouette

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi fred,
kindly update us on this Moniker's glitch so that we can all avoid it. thanks :)

and again, Moniker's support is dead :( **see edited

<edited>
I mean email support is relatively slow.
No reply comes back without my repeated 2/3 attempts

sorry if that causes any confusion

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker's support is not dead. I had to cancel a transfer the other day and called them and only waited 5 minutes for them to answer the phone. I was told to submit a ticket and within 3 days my account had been credited for the transaction.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker's support is not dead.
I too do not understand the "support is dead" claim.

10 domain transfers I had intended on taking from another registrar, I canceled. Called and told them I would like to be credited for the cancellations (Glenda, I believe) and was done in less than a minute over the phone and showed up in my account.

Last week, I went to transfer another 21 from GoDaddy into Moniker. I forgot about the email that they send out to losing registrant (me) but instead deleted all 21 transfer confirmations plus the one transfer authorizations. Several days later, account showing "pending approval". I then recalled I did not do the transfer authorization link.

Called Moniker. Told them my issue and my goof. I asked to resend transfer confirmation. Done while I was on the phone.

Not sure when, who, or why some people claim to call but I have never had a problem.

I am not a reseller or an affiliate of Moniker. Just a happy customer.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My problem was multiple account "domain name contacts"
Log-in, myaccount, domain contacts......... there should only be 2 contact ID's ..yours and private(privacy)..
for some reason I had 10? or so .
When support consolidated all to my main contact id the privacy got included and my contact info was displayed. Basicaly they had to manually re-engage the privacy

jim

I've been pressing Moniker to implement a support ticket system (external) meaning accessible to both support and client, something like what Parked or Enom has.....It has been received with little enthusiasm... :disappointed:

I agree with you on this...........

jim

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Support through email is not good at all from my experience, but they do pick up the phone (everyday but Sat in Main office).

They have always been quick to act once on the phone and have fixed my problems while still on the phone.

Monte, personally, has even replied to my emails while dining out during a domain sale via Moniker's escrow service.

They are growing fast and should put in a better email support system, but they have always fixed my problem via the phone.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like to use Moniker for their security. A breach of whois privacy is a deadly serious matter. I'll be interested to hear the reason for the 'glitch'.

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker support has gone to pot... It took 2 months to get my .de names to resolve to my goldkey landing pages. Now it's taking three weeks to transfer a .cn name. Asked for a letter, sent it, now they say they didn't get it! Ridiculous!

shashe

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moniker's support is not dead. I had to cancel a transfer the other day and called them and only waited 5 minutes for them to answer the phone. I was told to submit a ticket and within 3 days my account had been credited for the transaction.

Consider yourself exceptional. I've been waiting for a refund of a transfer in that failed. No response to an October 8 email and two follow up emails with copies to Monte.

silhouette

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I too do not understand the "support is dead" claim.....
Moniker's support is not dead.....
Thank you for sharing your thoughts/experiences :)

So I guess I'll have to start calling them instead of email'ing, for all support issues in the future.

(I suggest Moniker to take down the "Email: support @ moniker.com" ,beneath the phone, portion)

and any updates on the "privacy" thingy?

peace

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
moniker phone support A+++ (w/glenda) email support F-minus ....my 2 cents worth

jim

edit: w/500+ domains sofar

Reaction score
our support is far from dead. what is the account and the names in question? were they .us names or cctld's or .coms

first I heard of our privacy not working so I am surprised by this thread and the overall support issues.

send me an email ASAP - [email protected] or call in right now to 800-688-6311

wmloz - your names are cctld names and they complete those changes manually (the foreign registry). this is not a moniker issue - its a registry issue at that cctld.

The new ticket system is also in the works. meeting next week about it as well.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
monte..as I posted I have over 500 domains at moniker.com w/1000+ potentialy being trans-in..bottom line email support does suck..glad to see a response though :) ..raidergirl's support ticket suggestion does make sense though it didn't do well for regfly :(
jim

P.S. monte.....don't you sleep ??

silhouette

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
our support is far from dead.
Hi Monte,
Sorry, for my making that "sweeping" statement. will edit it to give my more precise encounters.
and thank you for listening here

The new ticket system is also in the works. meeting next week about it as well.
is this in place? looking forward to it.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would I be innaccurate in estimating that a high percentage of moniker.com customers are domainers??..This (forum and others) is where you you learn of issues we see daily and probably should be monitered often by staff..don,john etc...this way issues are addressed and it benefits you the registrar and us the registrants....go through the last 2-3-4 pages of moniker.com at this fourum and it shoud give your company an idea of what we feel should be addressed...again my 2 cents

jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom