Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal MONIKER REMOVES DOMAIN FROM MY ACCOUNT! Domain theft!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

richface

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To cut a long story short, I sold a domain name through Escrow.com. I tried to push the domain name to the buyer on the 9th of July 13 and had some errors on Moniker the PUSH FAILED. I called moniker and logged a simple ticket to have the domain name moved to the buyer's account and gave them the buyers details by submitting a ticket. Simple task right?
Gave moniker the details over the ticket system and made sure everything was correct. Yesterday I received an email from moniker stating that the domain name had been transferred to a new owner The email below.

Congratulations!

The following domain has been automatically transferred out of your Moniker registrar account 202958 to a new owner. This transfer out was a result of a completed sales transaction you initiated from SnapNames or Moniker.

I was like WTF? snapnames or Moniker? I never sold my domain on there so I quickly raced to check who.is and guess what? the domain name was moved into an unknown person's account? I immediately rang moniker and requested confirmation as to where the domain was transferred to? I requested that moniker confirm in simple writing the account number and authorization code as to where the domain name was transferred to and also confirm the name of this person. Guess what? they told me it was private and that they Could not? really? the domain name is has now been unlocked ready for transfer!? This is truly one of my worst experiences online! I have been emailing a guy called
Sean at [email protected] but so far not much help. Can anyone provide me with a moniker contact fast of someone who can help before the domain leaves Moniker??

It is an absolute nightmare and their support services are not much help!!!Domain name moved
to someone I don't even know. This is just like the bank taking money from your account and gifting it to someone else. NIGHTMARE! HELP!!

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your initial post is unclear, but are you saying the original push request went through (eventually), but that the domain was pushed into the wrong account?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you are overreacting, take a chill pill. Your domain is not stolen and if there was a mistake they will reverse it.

Did the person who was supposed to get the domain name confirm whether they have it now or not?

Also the message about moniker/snapnames is likely just the only option they had to select for the name move you requested.

Good luck!

richface

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To cut a long story short i tried to push to buyer and the push failed. Requested
moniker to push it for me and it has gone to an unknown account. The buyer has not received the domain.
i rang moniker to confirm where the domain went. Their response was "private sale" if is a mistake why isn't ananyone telling me.
It is not overreacting

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They have to confirm to you what account # it was pushed to, it should only be the one you gave them and I can't see them purposely trying to steal your domain name in the midst of a request for them to transfer it to a buyer for you. Was the domain name expired possibly and auctioned off in the midst of your sale of it?

Give me the domain name and I'll look it up for you and let you know what might have happened. Honestly this whole scenario sounds very confusing, like why could you not push the domain name to begin with if you had the account number and auth code from the receiving account?

Chris

richface

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had an error trying to push is myself. Saying security lock was on but it was off. The push kept on failing so i asked support to push it for me

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On Whois.sc the domain name is showing the owner as a "Duke" in Sussex and I won't post the rest on here since it can't be edited out but you can look at it yourself it's live. Have you checked your account to see if it's back in there? The .co.uk is also available ;)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm no wait I went to Moniker whois and it's showing private registrant. How well do you know the buyer?

Is it possible they are trying to keep the domain and claim they did not receive it?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They have to tell you what account # your domain name was pushed to since it was at your request, if not and for some strange reason it goes missing then it's time to get on the phone with ICANN because they are required to disclose this information when moving a name from your account, I believe it's part of the accredited registrar agreement they have.

If they can confirm they pushed the domain name to the buyers account # you were given then that is generally all you need to satisfy the escrow fulfillment of the merchandise and they will start the inspection period once they have this confirmation. Even if the person tries to "steal" the name and say the did not receive it. This happened to me once and all I had to do was forward the email from the registrar confirming the account change, trust me they have seen these scenarios before but let's hope this won't be one of them.

Chris

Dr Nump

Call me Doc !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe the buyer is playing with you and escrow.com?

They did receive the domain, but try to change whois so escrow will be unable to check it, and then change it to private whois. I guess they are trying to cancel the sales on escrow now and take the money back.

richface

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good point Chris, but moniker is refusing to disclose where the domain name has been moved to from my account. They refused to disclose to me. I think i need to get Adam dicker to help me out with this one too strange

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How many people did you talk to there? I find it hard to digest that they would refuse to confirm the push of a domain name that you initiated. Did they not reply to or close the support ticket you submitted? If so what did it say?

richface

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After some tremendous and lengthy conversations with buyer and Moniker I have some update on this

The seller who sold me the domain name is the same person who bought the domain.
Transaction took place as escrow.com
Now when he sold me the domain name the domain name was in auction at moniker.com "I did not know this", He requested the auction to be cancelled but apparently it was not.
The domain was then sold to me while it was Infact still in auction.
Few weeks later I decide to sell the domain name back.
Back to Escrow.com
I try to push the domain to buyer but fails.I request moniker to push the domain name for me.
Moniker apparently did push the domain name to the buyer but then instantly moved it from his account to Auction winner's account.
Only thing I am puzzled is, why wouldn't moniker send me a confirmation still?

I live in the UK have been calling for 2 days. Hopefully I will get my confirmation email soon.

richface

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moniker please close thread. I have a moniker rep Looking into this for me.

Martij

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I know that you've been in touch with our support folks, and I have been involved with this situation as well. Please be patient as we sort this out. The domain is safe and locked and will not be lost.

I appreicate your patience!

Best Regards,

Marti
Customer Support Manager
[email protected]

Moniker please close thread. I have a moniker rep Looking into this for me.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why would you be selling it back to the person you bought it from a few weeks later???

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now I am confused! lol

Is this like girlfriend swapping?

richface

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No it is business i can sell to whoever i please. The issue here and the reason why i made this public
is to get a response , help and advice. Domain fraud is a serious issue and until something
strange has happened to you. You will never know how to react. I still want to know what happened and will deal with this with Marti . Marti feel free to post your findings public or pm me here. My first intinct when the domain moved away to an unknown account was theft.
It is human to think so. If your physical property suddenly disappeared to someone you did not know i am sure you would not be joking about it.
The reason why we also need to take this
serious is also to stop this from ever happening again. Domains in auctions should be on lock down and should never be possible to push while in auction.

Moderator close thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators