Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal MONIKER REMOVES DOMAIN FROM MY ACCOUNT! Domain theft!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You open a thread alleging theft and foul play against someone else, but when you are asked an uncomfortable question about your business practices you evade the question and ask the thread to be closed.

This smells weird.

richface

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am not evading nothing ! The thread can remain opened forever if dnforum wants it opened. Only reason i asked for it to be closed
Is because I forced a response and now know what is going on now. I also do not wish to embarrass the buyer who is a member of this forum. Check my trader ratings i do not complain for nothing. Weird well offcourse is dayum weird why do you think i posted ? It is unusual if this was not weird why would i be worried? Weird it is . What do you think i gain from making false claims? If i have to do print screens and paste

details i will. Marti is anything i posted false?

barrysanders

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think people are interested in what would cause someone to buy a domain from a guy, and sell it back to him a few weeks later. Human curiosity.

richface

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes that is understandable. The reason why I sold the domain was I acquired another which suited my business idea more. Moderator feel free to read through my pm's to check this fact. So now that I have answered the question how does this help me?

I admit I was rushed to making a judgement but hey try waking up to an email saying your domain has been transferred you check who.is and it is registered under an unknown person's details. I am sure no one here will be like whatever just go to sleep and after calling Moniker several times and not getting a response it can be frustrating. I started this thread with no information but now have the facts and understand what took place. I do not need to justify or go into details of selling a domain name as the obvious reason for selling is always money but in this case it was not the sole reason as stated above? what is next do I need to List the domain name I acquired? how much I sold it for? escrow details?

Remember we should encourage people to share their experiences bad or good to help sort out issues in our industry. To learn lessons from. My mistake could be a lesson for all, anyway as i said anyone at moniker can feel free to challenge me i have all the evidence. My advice to everyone is tripple check any domain name you
buy to make sure they are not listed anywhere or in any auctions. anyway thank you all .

Moderator can close this thread or leave open forever.
Thanks for all who commented.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unlike physical property domain names can't leave the Internet so you do not have to look too far for them, that being said I have on multiple times either bought stolen names unknown to me that were taken back by registrars, had emails attempted to be broken into, had accounts broken into, names transferred against my will, helped ( I lost count of how many )people recover names that were "stolen". So yeah trust me my good man, we understand but in this case I think you are going to be just fine :)

Moniker does not steal customers domain names so with a title like "Moniker removes domain from my account" Domain Theft! it is (you have to admit) a bit sensational and a bit of an overreaction when you did request for them to move the domain name from your account. When people post things like this and hundred or even thousands of people read it not everyone always takes time to read the details in the thread and also might not fully understand what occurred here or did not occur so you might just want to be a little more careful when claiming a well known reputable domain registrar committed "Domain theft!" this is just my opinion and since you are here on a public forum we are all entitled to give one.

I seriously hope all this works out but it might be better to not jump to conclusions or at bare minimum not put such a title on a thread like this in the "Scams and Warnings/Alerts"

Best regards, Chris :)

richface

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Marti, ever since i stop posting in this thread i have not had a single email? i have emailed you and Sean several times and also called not even 1 single email has been sent to me? this is no way for a registrar to behave.

Hi,

I know that you've been in touch with our support folks, and I have been involved with this situation as well. Please be patient as we sort this out. The domain is safe and locked and will not be lost.

I appreicate your patience!

Best Regards,

Marti
Customer Support Manager
[email protected]

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A week does seem like a long time to wait

Martij

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been following - up on this and know that we have been in touch with you by phone, but we will email you as well. I will get with our accounting folks this morning and get an update. I will email you just as soon as I know something solid.

Marti

Marti, ever since i stop posting in this thread i have not had a single email? i have emailed you and Sean several times and also called not even 1 single email has been sent to me? this is no way for a registrar to behave.

richface

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Marti, your team have never contacted me via phone if you claim they have can you please publicly state when? I have phoned every day and emailed. I had two emails from Sean today saying this will be dealt with ASAP. I was told this will be all explained ASAP from day one. I wanted to deal with this privately but it seems the only way to force a response is by posting here which should not be the case.

I've been following - up on this and know that we have been in touch with you by phone, but we will email you as well. I will get with our accounting folks this morning and get an update. I will email you just as soon as I know something solid.

Marti

Martij

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

The transaction(s) have been voided. We will send you an email with all the details in the next few minutes.

Thanks
Marti

richface

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Okay Thanks. Is it normal for the case ticket to be removed from my account? and will I ever be told why this happened. In any event thanks for your help.
Learnt a lesson here.

richface

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Those transactions have been placed back on my account as prepaid credit? You don't really expert me to use your services again after this? please refund to card and close my account I will raise a ticket for this.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First...

Most confusing thread of 2013

Second...

Who care why he sold it back to a guy who sold it to him weeks prior, what I want to know is who sells a name or tries to via auction only to want to buy it back lol

Lastly, I suspect there is something more to this whole thing, a credit from moniker, for what? Did you buy it via an auction or not?

This dog can still hunt :)

Midnight Silver

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For your reference and info:
#1 If this domain has been or listed now by you at Snapnames Auction -- Your Domain will not "Push" even with the Moniker Lock Off -- Until You Call Moniker or Snapnames to Un-Lock the "Snapnames Auction Lock" -- then it will "Push" thru fine.
#2 Also for your record you also have the Moniker "Failed Push Receipt" on this Domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators