• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed My first freebie site. appraise and give ideas

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

updatedsports

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
806
Reaction score
0
What do you think the website and domain name freebiecorner.com is worth? I just finished the site today and the domain name is allready listed in google, altavista, hotbot, overture, excite and webcrawler and probably more. What could I do to make it more valuable. Thanks
 
I hope I don't offend....

A name's value is driven by content, marketing ,who's going to think of it when searching the web and some other factors.!

If I were searching the web I'd probably think of words like freebie, freebies, freestuff......

See what I mean......While writing this response, I hat to fight to remember what your domain name is....

The domain name industry is flourishing with those that buy multi-syllable names thinking they are going to get a mint for it because no one else thought of it first.

Let's face it... The best names are had on the opening bell of registrations in a new TLD or found when registrations expire.

(But... That's Just My Opinion)

Cheers,

Dave Sullivan, WeTLD
 
Originally posted by WeTLD

Let's face it... The best names are had on the opening bell of registrations in a new TLD or found when registrations expire.


I agree. The first 10 hrs when the bell rings is probably the only window left after launch to get the best names. Most are just swiped away even before the new tld launches.
 
Originally posted by mole


I agree. The first 10 hrs when the bell rings is probably the only window left after launch to get the best names. Most are just swiped away even before the new tld launches.


hehe, true ;)
 
Originally posted by mole I agree. The first 10 hrs when the bell rings is probably the only window left after launch to get the best names. Most are just swiped away even before the new tld launches.

I think you are too generous with the 10-hr window. My experience with .US is that most every name I later checked was taken within the first hour. Perhaps the reason is that I was checking better quality names than you were looking at.

In fact, the top-tier names were mostly gone within the frist 10-minutes, at least almost all of the ones I checked. All the names I managed to reg (135 of them in all out of the 200 plus I applied for) were done either in the first 10-minutes, with a lesser number of 2nd tier type of names reg'd about 45-min from the opening bell.

There are still some good ones left if you do lots of research and checking, but it seems they are mostly 3 word phrase names now as even many of the 2 worders are now gone.

I think .US was and is much more popular than most expected, ask My Ostrich about that.
 
Freebie sites contain visitors of the lowest form. Ad revenue for these types of sites are worse then the teen demographic. Because these sites target people who want things for "free". Hence not buy. Hence not useful to any (profitable) company. So theres not much you can do to increase its value. But if I was too make suggestions. The Design lacks greatly. As for the Domain name, its straight. I like it.

Overall thoug, nothing special. These sites come a dime a dozen. Perhaps give the site a more graphical and professional feel. Along with an automated directory. So the transition, when you sell, to a new owner it is more convienent to add content.

That is about all i can think of...
 
lOOKS like it didnt work out huh....sorry to see that :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom