Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed My first freebie site. appraise and give ideas

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

updatedsports

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What do you think the website and domain name freebiecorner.com is worth? I just finished the site today and the domain name is allready listed in google, altavista, hotbot, overture, excite and webcrawler and probably more. What could I do to make it more valuable. Thanks

Domain summit 2024
W

WeTLD

I hope I don't offend....

A name's value is driven by content, marketing ,who's going to think of it when searching the web and some other factors.!

If I were searching the web I'd probably think of words like freebie, freebies, freestuff......

See what I mean......While writing this response, I hat to fight to remember what your domain name is....

The domain name industry is flourishing with those that buy multi-syllable names thinking they are going to get a mint for it because no one else thought of it first.

Let's face it... The best names are had on the opening bell of registrations in a new TLD or found when registrations expire.

(But... That's Just My Opinion)

Cheers,

Dave Sullivan, WeTLD

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
updated, on the development side of the site, I think if you're going to index links and categories, use one of those nice, free site indexing search scripts such as a very nice free one called Rad Links ( http://www.radscripts.com/ ) - look at the demo script to see how it looks, it's very nice, and easy to set up: http://radlinks.radscripts.com/gold/

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WeTLD

Let's face it... The best names are had on the opening bell of registrations in a new TLD or found when registrations expire.

I agree. The first 10 hrs when the bell rings is probably the only window left after launch to get the best names. Most are just swiped away even before the new tld launches.

flex

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole

I agree. The first 10 hrs when the bell rings is probably the only window left after launch to get the best names. Most are just swiped away even before the new tld launches.

hehe, true ;)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole I agree. The first 10 hrs when the bell rings is probably the only window left after launch to get the best names. Most are just swiped away even before the new tld launches.

I think you are too generous with the 10-hr window. My experience with .US is that most every name I later checked was taken within the first hour. Perhaps the reason is that I was checking better quality names than you were looking at.

In fact, the top-tier names were mostly gone within the frist 10-minutes, at least almost all of the ones I checked. All the names I managed to reg (135 of them in all out of the 200 plus I applied for) were done either in the first 10-minutes, with a lesser number of 2nd tier type of names reg'd about 45-min from the opening bell.

There are still some good ones left if you do lots of research and checking, but it seems they are mostly 3 word phrase names now as even many of the 2 worders are now gone.

I think .US was and is much more popular than most expected, ask My Ostrich about that.

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Freebie sites contain visitors of the lowest form. Ad revenue for these types of sites are worse then the teen demographic. Because these sites target people who want things for "free". Hence not buy. Hence not useful to any (profitable) company. So theres not much you can do to increase its value. But if I was too make suggestions. The Design lacks greatly. As for the Domain name, its straight. I like it.

Overall thoug, nothing special. These sites come a dime a dozen. Perhaps give the site a more graphical and professional feel. Along with an automated directory. So the transition, when you sell, to a new owner it is more convienent to add content.

That is about all i can think of...

joeny

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lOOKS like it didnt work out huh....sorry to see that :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators