• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed My first names psychgradschools.com, net, org and info

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

melmunch

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2007
Messages
316
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I would like an honest appraisal of the following domain names. Be as harsh as you need to!
psychgradschools.com
psychgradschools.net
psychgradschools.org
psychgradschools.info

I just registered these, my very first domain names, and I wonder if they hold any value. I am a psych student, and I would like to put up a decent site, but if it doesn't work, or I fall behind on my classes and don't have time, could I resell them for anything?
 
I've seen people do a lot worse starting out.

Your thinking is on the right track but you are running into the same issue we all do... you can't find anything by looking into the past. I'm going to bet you tried at least 5 dfferent versions of these words before you found something available. To find anything of substance these days you have to start looking forward to the future.
 
I hear what you are saying, let me explain my thinking, and perhaps you can guide me further. As a psych student, I do know that people do search for psych related material, including grad schools, using the psych moniker, instead of the entire word psychology.

There are also a lot of online/professional schools of psychology that pay nicely per lead. Now, I do really plan on developing an informational site about psych grad schools, however, given the # of searches that are run, and the market that exists for these leads, why would it bo worth just a reg fee?

Thanks
 
You should just have a template made here or somewhere else for less than $50. Then you can start work on the SEO at your leisure and let it start developing Page Rank. You can come back to it in the future and make it more legit if you like but you will have the SEO value of having it up all that time. All the other extensions should just forward to the dotCom.
Talk to GT Web, I think he's doing low pricing on development packages and will help you if you don't know the steps to go through (hosting, adsense acct, etc.) You can probably get the whole thing developed, hosted, (lightly)SEO'd and submitted to search engines for around $100?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom