• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale MyId Auctions - Anyone here sold a name there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamloops

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
508
Reaction score
0
Just curious if anyone here has been successfull in completing a deal using the Myid.ca auctions.

I have a few names I am thinking of putting up in the next one but would love hear some first hand experience.
 
You can see the results of the last auction, both what was sold and what was unsold:
http://auction.myid.ca/blog/first-myidca-dot-ca-auction-smash-hit.html

They sold virtually all of the high value names.

As well, they've got some of the best security features of any domain auction I've seen:
http://auction.myid.ca/blog/top-5-reasons-why-myidca-auctions-are-very-very-secure.html

I know that liberator tried for weeks to sell zz.ca on DNF unsuccessfully, and it did really well in the MyID auction. Perhaps you can PM him or he can comment here.
 
You can see the results of the last auction, both what was sold and what was unsold:
http://auction.myid.ca/blog/first-myidca-dot-ca-auction-smash-hit.html

They sold virtually all of the high value names.

As well, they've got some of the best security features of any domain auction I've seen:
http://auction.myid.ca/blog/top-5-reasons-why-myidca-auctions-are-very-very-secure.html

I know that liberator tried for weeks to sell zz.ca on DNF unsuccessfully, and it did really well in the MyID auction. Perhaps you can PM him or he can comment here.

I know what the results say but I dont know if I trust them, would like to hear first hand from the sellers of some of these high values names.
 
Payments won't be for 1-2 weeks I so far have put my banking information for a transfer into their system, haven't heard anything as of yet on if payment was made by the winning bidder. Will keep you up to date. So far though I'm pleased with the auctions,
 
Time will tell on the results as the new whois develops, however, I would like to say
that I totally trust the myid guys. They are bringing the auction experience to a new level here. If nothing else, they are bringing the value of the the dot ca into the mainstream, i.e. articles in DnJournal. In all the years that I have worked with them, I have never had a bad experience.
 
Great, that is the kind of answers I was hoping for. Sounds positive, I will give them a try.
 
received an email saying funds have been secured from the winning bidder and there waiting on 2 outstanding invoices before starting the transfers...
 
I totally trust the myid guys. I have never had a bad experience.

Unfortunately several other people have had bad experiences with them. We caught them stealing traffic from us and sending it to their own PPC pages. We lost about 7-8 months traffic from around 80 domains.

And their response when I caught them was to blame me and cancel my account because I was "RUDE".

Gee I can't imagine why:uhoh:

It's one of the reasons I got my hands on creativepixel.ca to create a sucks page at some point!

Deal with them at your own risk!
 
Gordon,
I am sorry you had a bad experience with them in the ppc area. As far as their auctions, they have been professional and fair. I have been working with them since the early days and have never had a problem. I appreciate your comments, and will take them to heart. I know you have my back, and I luv you for it :-)
 
QM

It wasn't just me. I got mail from others that had similiar things happen to them. And we were one of the first clients at my id if not the first. They started on dn forum here years ago.

What amazes me is that even with warnings that these guys have history many of you are rushing to deal with them.

Instead of bragging about sales maybe you all should be praying for payment :smilewinkgrin:
 
Last edited:
Their first auction went better than I expected, and the second one on now seems to be doing well too. They've listed many good names and it looks like bidders are showing up. So far it appears these auctions will benefit the .ca domain market by creating good sales and awareness.

I have some domains listed in this auction, and so far everything has been good dealing with MyID. If any sell I'll post here on how the process goes. IMO - MyID has a real chance to establish a goto site for .ca auctions - no one else is doing anything like it. My opinion is that you have to try anything that might work for you - I've tried some that didn't work, and other that did - the point is you'll never know unless you give it a shot.
 
Gordon, I have taken your warnings very seriously, and appreciate them. I can assure you that if there are any problems with any of the auctions, this forum will be the first to know about it.
 
Update
I have completed both the registrant and registrar transfer and Gus has assured me that payment will be transfered at the start of next week once all domains have completed the registrant and registrar transfers.
 
I got webtemplates at last auction, paid and got it transfered to my account today. Have only good things to say about Gus and Danny quick and personalized support.

David
 
I had a small sale in the last auction, OttawaSearch for $250. Will post how the process goes.
 
I have received the funds for zz!!! All in all a pleasure working with myid.ca!!
 
haven't had a transfer request yet, but I expect the 12% auction fee, plus a bank wire charge (about $25).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom