Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld MYiD's big reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If i understand it correctly....it only shows bids when it has met reserve.

This is good for people who like to bid on a friends name just to create an atmosphere of competition.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
IMO really destroys the excitement of the auction and probably will result in less sales, but myid can't please everyone.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know MyID is trying to make changes to appeal to everyone, but other auction sites like Sedo show bids and info even before reserve is met. This way does dampen excitement and atmosphere.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If they do not want to show bids...they might as well start the auction at the reserve price...essentially that's what they are doing...I understand people don't like to let people know the actual price....but what difference does it make here? You can't see bids anyway.

onlinestoreca

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not seeing bids is definitely killing the atmosphere. I believe MYID watches this board and are not just listening to the people, but they are even asking us for input, which is better than most businesses.

I hope they go back to open bidding and start it at the reserve. The entire auction needs some excitement and sellers need some excitement and incentive to list names.

I hope they continue to experiment and try things, keeping the things that work and dropping the things that don't. I feel totally lost about what happened at the auction today.

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I type in ".ca domain name auction" in google news and nothing comes up.

(I didn't use quotes in my search)

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't think anything sold.....and if something did sell you should announce right away...not weeks later. Or it makes it really hard to believe....

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
So....all the talk before the auction by LionFish and then he disappears?

When is the next MYID auction so we can expect LionFish?

Job.ca was a huge hit by the way....

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is unlikely job.ca sold as it was overpriced in my opinion. I think at this point in time the .ca market might be in a bit of a lull. The holders of the better .ca names are pricing them closer to end-user prices... makes sense, becuase there is a limited supply. That said, it makes for a slow moving market. In my opinion the market has changed, in both the .com and .ca space with many "domainers" buying more for development and being a lot more picky about what they buy. In a way, many are becoming end-users and are willing to pay decent prices for names they plan to build out.

The good news is, good names will always be valuable.. bad news is that crap names will always be crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom