• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Websites Myspace.ec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck. I own MySpace.cc and would like to see a nice successful sale in any of the extensions.
 
huh, a bit of a joke, but Newscorp can take away the domain anytime due to TM. It is such a gamble with $5k. Good luck to whoever buys the domain.
 
I have myspace.St, I would also love a successful sale, though middle-high $xxx is what I would think probable.
 
Abraham said:
huh, a bit of a joke, but Newscorp can take away the domain anytime due to TM. It is such a gamble with $5k. Good luck to whoever buys the domain.


What's the joke, do they have a myspace trademark in every country? Why is the myspace.org still alive and well? No offense mate but your statment is not completely accurate. I have been over this many times in this forum and I am no attorney but companies and people cannot own EVERY USE of a generic word or term. If you look in USPTO.gov, you will see the same word used in 1,000 different ways. They can only own the use that pertains to them. Since myspace.org is not running a social website then can they take it, just because their name is more popular? The only power they have is wealth and for the majority of us, including me, it would not be worth the fight to fight them. I wouldn't let them just take your name when it's not being used in way that infringes on their trademark. Apple doesn't own every apple. Myspace is myspace until I misuse it. Cheers,

Acro
 
acronym007 said:
What's the joke, do they have a myspace trademark in every country? Why is the myspace.org still alive and well? No offense mate but your statment is not completely accurate. I have been over this many times in this forum and I am no attorney but companies and people cannot own EVERY USE of a generic word or term. If you look in USPTO.gov, you will see the same word used in 1,000 different ways. They can only own the use that pertains to them. Since myspace.org is not running a social website then can they take it, just because their name is more popular? The only power they have is wealth and for the majority of us, including me, it would not be worth the fight to fight them. I wouldn't let them just take your name when it's not being used in way that infringes on their trademark. Apple doesn't own every apple. Myspace is myspace until I misuse it. Cheers,

Acro

thank you for your long answer and clarification. It summarizes more or less those unanswered questions i had about TMs. I think i need to do a bit of research on this.
 
OK, so, don't post your Myspace names on eBay. They removed my listing because myspace contacted them. LOL... It's great how big companies with lots of money and loads of attorneys stick together, Sedo is also in Myspace's back pocket. It's a joke but I wanted to pass this along to my friends here. Cheers,

Acro
 
it's quite obvious that any domain that is similair to myspace.com which has been registered in the last 6-12 months has been registered solely to capatalize on their site..

Why else would it even be for sale? :)

Not a personal attack.. Simply saying it is of course the reason anybody would regieter such a domain
 
typeins said:
it's quite obvious that any domain that is similair to myspace.com which has been registered in the last 6-12 months has been registered solely to capatalize on their site..

Why else would it even be for sale? :)

Not a personal attack.. Simply saying it is of course the reason anybody would regieter such a domain

Not the point really mate and no offense taken but the real question is whether or not I have the right to sell it. 98.7% of all domain'ers register names that have some relationship to a product or service they did not create themselves. Of course the name is similar but it could be used for my personal pictures or something else. Gee, I don't know Burger King came after Mcdonalds and offered a kids meal, sounded allot like happy meal to me. LOL. Emulation is the highest form of flattery but trust me, in selling it or using it I would in no way infringe on their mark, that would be financial suicide. Cheers,

Acro
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom