Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Name.com or Fabulous.com ?

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Gonna consolidate my portfolio at either Name.com or Fabulous.com.

Any feedback / opinions would be appreciated !!!

Positives/Negatives of either

Thanks !

Lorbyroniv

stephenlamc

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have used name.com for about 3 years. So far, I am happy with their services. They are a premium listing partner with both sedo.com & afternic.com. However, their customer service is not 24/7 and no online chat. My domains are mainly parked at sedo.com. I have not used fabulous.com which may have good services too.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fabulous of course if you have member pricing. otherwise it's 29.00/year per domain and they do not support many common extensions. fabulous security is second to none.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies

I am currently leaning towards fabulous because of the security issue

Anybody else with any thoughts?

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what kind of pricing are you getting name.com? while the look nice their .com renewals are 10 something while you can get better pricing at fabulous if you are moving 700+ domains over. i think the fabulous.com control panel is a bit dated and things could be tweaked a bit there. name.com has a nice control panel but at the end of the day better pricing and great support + security keeps me with fabulous.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what kind of pricing are you getting name.com? while the look nice their .com renewals are 10 something while you can get better pricing at fabulous if you are moving 700+ domains over. i think the fabulous.com control panel is a bit dated and things could be tweaked a bit there. name.com has a nice control panel but at the end of the day better pricing and great support + security keeps me with fabulous.

Thanks everyone for the help !

Much obliged !

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
agree fabulous needs a facelift as the cp has not changed since i first saw it in 2010 or so. ui is not so great. but support is quite good and security is a big factor. name is not on the same level.
op needs to look at how valuable his domains are and the pricing he gets with fabulous. if he can pay fabulous pricing this is a no brainer, it is fabulous by far.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
agree fabulous needs a facelift as the cp has not changed since i first saw it in 2010 or so. ui is not so great. but support is quite good and security is a big factor. name is not on the same level.
op needs to look at how valuable his domains are and the pricing he gets with fabulous. if he can pay fabulous pricing this is a no brainer, it is fabulous by far.
there are things about fabulous that are a bit annoying like i can't just click boxes beside domains to renew them. i have to type them into a box. i'd pick dynadot.com over name.com for sure. they have a clean panel and when you spend 5k+ a year .com's are only 8.50 register/renew. i still keep my most valuable domains with fabulous though.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with the above, the Fab interface is not very much convenient.
Pop-ups too. The site is outdated by current webdesign standards.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do I understand correctly that Fabulous is in Austrailia and if I am in the United States that I need to dial overseas to reach them ? Thats kind of a major turn off.

I just emailed Fabulous and waiting to see how responsive they are

Anybody have experience with Fabulous customer service ?

http://fabulous.com/informationcenter/index.htm?formdata[qid]=48

STATUS OF REVIEW SO FAR

1. Uniregistry is in the Cayman Islands. Customer Support was good and
answered questions competently.
($10.88 renewal or transfers)

2. Fabulous is in Austrailia. I guess I have to use email to contact them
unless I wanna make an overseas call. ?
http://fabulous.com/informationcenter/index.htm?formdata[qid]=48

($29.99 renewal or transfers)

3.Dynadot is in San Francisco. Voice message said experiencing high volume
of calls. Call back later or leave a message.

($10.99 renewal or transfers)

4. Name.com is no longer under consideration for other reasons.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah, fab is in australia. they usually respond pretty quick to emails but since they are on a very different time zone don't expect replies in the 9-5 north american hours.

i've wanted to try uniregistry but i wouldn't pay 10.88. i guess they give you pricing based on what you plan on moving in because i've seen others get lower pricing (less than 9 per).

with dynadot you can even get 8.75 regs/transfer when you spend 500 (you can preload this amount to get this pricing right away).

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anybody know how Uniregistry security is ? Compared to Fabulous ?

Kinda leaning towards Uniregistry. Getting someone on the phone and no hastle is a VERY important factor to me.

yeah, fab is in australia. they usually respond pretty quick to emails but since they are on a very different time zone don't expect replies in the 9-5 north american hours.

i've wanted to try uniregistry but i wouldn't pay 10.88. i guess they give you pricing based on what you plan on moving in because i've seen others get lower pricing (less than 9 per).

with dynadot you can even get 8.75 regs/transfer when you spend 500 (you can preload this amount to get this pricing right away).

Thanks for the input

infinite

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Name.com doesn't always have the best prices, but their interface is clean and easy to use. My preferences ahead of them are Namecheap and Enom though.

Would be curious to hear more about Fabulous.com, haven't had any experience with them.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Name.com is US based, so not so good.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Name.com is US based, so not so good.
name is us based and that's why it's not so good?? who are you listening to? you must be a newbie to state that foreign registrars are good and us registrars are not. that is a rather dumb statement.

i can show you some non-us registrars that should not even have icann accreditation and some us based ones that are excellent.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
name is us based and that's why it's not so good?? who are you listening to? you must be a newbie to state that foreign registrars are good and us registrars are not. that is a rather dumb statement.

i can show you some non-us registrars that should not even have icann accreditation and some us based ones that are excellent.

Looks like another idiot has landed to dnf

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks like another idiot has landed to dnf
an idiot who just had a 100k sale. you have at least eight years of domaining on me. what do you have to show for it? what have you learned?
--i said 'rather dumb' but did not mean it the bad way. it was meant as 'incorrect' rather, and foolish. it was not meant as an insult and i was sorta kidding. if you'd read what i said the right way you'd know this.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
an idiot who just had a 100k sale. you have at least eight years of domaining on me. what do you have to show for it? what have you learned?
--i said 'rather dumb' but did not mean it the bad way. it was meant as 'incorrect' rather, and foolish. it was not meant as an insult and i was sorta kidding. if you'd read what i said the right way you'd know this.
some people don't like to use US registrars for legal reasons.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
agree @DomainsInc and that is fine by me. it's not like i just root for anything usa lol. if you look at uniregistry that's a world class new guy out of the caymans, canadian owner in any case. just thought at the time i made the problem comment the statement from @stuff was inappropriate- i used the wrong words and i own up to it.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom