Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.name domains???

Status
Not open for further replies.

I "registered" a .name domain back in January 2002, just for fun, through Verisign. It was "successfully registered" around February and I was promptly billed.

As of today, the account does not work. I have called Verisign and emailed over 20 times, they just keep telling me "the account has not migrated to their system yet." It's going on 4 months now.

I'm now seeing info that the .name account wont be active until mid June, is that true?

Is there anyone out there that has a working .name account?

This was just for fun, and it didn't cost that much, it just really ticks me off when you don't get what you payed for and when you get the run around from Verisign.

thanks
gch

Domain summit 2024

The .name Registry is going live with realtime registrations on or about June 12th.

All of the .name domains we have registered have gone live within two weeks of registration with only a couple of exceptions, and these were fixed immediately when we brought them to the attention of the Registry.

You are getting the runaround...

Did you check the whois to see if your name is even registered?

-t

Yes, I am in the who is database and have been since Jan. 15. I contacted the .name registrar and they said to contact verisign and find out why it is not working.

I even contacted other providers to see if I could transfer the account to them. They are unable to do anything.

I guess I'm just out of luck until Verisign gets their act together.

BTW, who are you using for registration?

thanks
gch

I'm a reseller for OpenSRS - so I'm talking about domains that we have registered for customers, not personal domains.

I'm actually quiet surprised at the success that .name has had. We've taken many more registrations than we though we would.

Transfers won't be allowed until after 60 days, and even more critical only after the Registry goes live on or about June 12th.

Good luck!

-t

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I shall watch it with interest when it does go live.

Thx.net

I shall watch it with interest to see whois Bill.Gates.name
or George.Bush.name

Goh
I no nuffin.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wonder if ... Elvis.Presley ... is taken.

:)

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey i own ElvisAaronPresley.de (He lives in germany now)
Wanna buy it for reel sheep?
:D

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Elvis has left the building.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators