Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Name Stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just before a name drops, you get the following:
"domain not found locally" on the whois. Usually, the name actually drops 5 or 6 days after you get "domain not found locally". However, once in a while, a name goes to "domain not found locally" and gets stuck in that state. There are several names that I have been tracking that are in that state. Does anyone know what is going on? When do these names finally become available for a new owner?

Domain summit 2024

This a Network Solutions quirk and some domains will eventually drop after a few more days.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NO, I am talking about names that get stuck in that state for weeks, even months. :confused:

I have not seen such instances; I have seen domains that they have expired for months but not in the about to drop state for so long.

One of the recently proposed reasons for this is that there are nameservers defined for this domain, and that there are still other domains pointing to these nameservers.

I don't know if this is really the case, but we have seen domains "stuck" like this for many months before they actually drop.

-t

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators