Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

NameBargain.com (Register.com) problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First off, NameBargain.com is a subsidiary of Register.com. I don't know if it's the latest acquisition bids that tie them up, but they seem to have some problems lately.

To start with, their domain name checking interface still hasn't been fixed to fully reflect the new .org registry transition. Some (I mean some but not all, that's what worries me) .org's are shown to be available when they are clearly registered in good status.

I initiated a couple of transfers AWAY from them last week (on 28 January) but have NOT heard from them since. They used to send out e-mail transfer validation in the middle of the night. It's been 5 days and those names are expiring on 8 February.

A support ticket was sent 2 days ago, but of couse I wouldn't expect any reply before the expiry date! :mad:

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I totaly dumped the whol register/afternic/namebargain people ages ago. No support.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had been able to call NameBargain.com's support on the phone until the second half of last year when they started reserving telephone support strictly to Register.com customers. That was also when I stopped using them.

But to be fair, I found their phone support more helpful than say NetSol at the least.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My problem with transferring away from NameBargain.com was finally solved with the help of a GoDaddy insider friend who actually contact NameBargain.com on my behalf. What really worries me is that I did not received any transfer validation from them and therefore NEVER acknowledged anything from my Administrative Contact e-mail address, but then those couple of domain names HAVE BEEN transferred out!

THEN I started getting SPAM from NameBargain.com regarding another of my name there which is due to expire in April (not February but April). Since 9:44 a.m. yesterday (Monday), I have received 10 (yes, TEN) renewal notices for this particularly name every few hours. The last one I got was at 5:50 a.m. this morning (Tuesday). Can't believe it! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators