Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Namejet Auctions - "wishlist"

SiteSpeculator

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So is it just me or do about half the names you bid on pre-release with NameJet end up never going to auction?

I even had one sit in my list as a "pending auction" [in bright red letters] for 3 or 4 days before suddenly showing up as "Wishlist".

I am guessing these are names that people renew at the last second - so they can't go to auction?

Does anyone have any suggestions on best practices to work NameJet more successfully - seems like a bit of a waste of time to research, find the names you like , place a bid - only to see half of them disappear . . . . I by no means LOVE Godaddy - but at least I know the names that are up for bid will close.

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom!!

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sometimes the names may have reserve or as you say, they get renewed.

best to keep placing backorders and keep hope alive

also, review your wishlists to make sure you still have interest in those names, should they come up again.

as for strategies, who's gonna tell winning secrets, when you could be the competition?

:)

Good Luck!

imo....

Theydon

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use my initial bid as a statement of intent and leave my research until the auction goes live.
I delete all backorders. Just prefer it this way - clutter free :)

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's just how it works. When you're eyeing prerelease auctions, they are exactly that - prerelease. The names that aren't yet fully expired or deleted and can still be renewed by owners. There's no way around that but is the best way to find the top names before they ever go into deletion. Very few ultra-premiums ever get into the drop stage unless they are at weird registrars that don't have a prerelease system of some sort. When you're dealing with them in such an early stage you can find the best of the best names, but at the same time the possibility of them being renewed by their owners just comes with the territory.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is also possible that domainers are contacting registrants so that they renew their domains, and sell the domains to them.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom