Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

NAMEJET.com ~WARNING~ Disgusting behaviour!

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let me start this off by saying that recently an issue has been brought to my attention which makes me basically throw up in my mouth. Domainers already deal with enough scams and rip offs that the last thing we need is a industry leading auction company ripping us off, intentionally !

This issue cannot be ignored and NO ONE is safe from the practice when using Namejet.com . I challenge a Namejet representative to respond to these FACTS and make the issues right by refunding those bidders who have fallen victim to this disgusting practice. Perhaps Acroplex would like to blog about this and take up the cause further.

The issue is as follows...

You enter a drop auction at Namejet
You win said auction
You then receive a udrp notice for the domain shortly there after
The udrp notice also informs you the date the original notice was sent to the drop company ( Namejet ) and the fact said company tried to negotiate a sale of said name with obviously no success
This notice PRE dates the offering at auction by the owner ( Namejet/Registrar )
Said drop company then decides to auction the name via there service with FULL KNOWLEDGE the name is NOT in a position at that time to be auctioned ( it is a real asshole move ) excuse my french.
End result you win name, you lose name, Namejet says too bad hahaha

It has come to my attention this is a COMMON practice not a rarity and Namejet refused to reimburse the winner. Basically ripping them off.

So in saying that there is no desire by Namejet as far as I see to protect you the buyer, their obvious goal is to cash in before they lose the name. They are for lack of a better term ripping you off :upset:

Here is a recent post on another board with a similar situation.

won a name on 8/31
today got urdp
and in exhibit is says:
Exhibit 9 E-mail dated August 29, 2008 offering to sell XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.com for $7,500

so they got contacted by tm holder before they put it on auction, when deal fell through then they sell the name. does anyone know what to do now? will namejet refund?

No name is 100% safe. I will cease my use of Namejet and suggest a Rep from that compnay address this issue ASAP. If this was a member doing this they would be and have been banned from this forum.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow.....not good at all!!...that is BS!!!

would love to hear their response to this!

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From what I have gathered they say " no refund " . No excuse no reasoning like opps our mistake should have not been auction, sorry here is your money back, NOTHING!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What was the domain? I ALWAYS avoid NameJet auctions that are for domains that exist as tm's in the USPTO. I've seen a lot of people risking UDRP's by bidding on such domains.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acro, I have to honor this individuals privacy BUT can say the name itself TM'd or not is at risk. As you know there are countless examples of reverse hijacking attempts so no name is safe.

Furthermore I agree one can avoid the problem ( only to a degree ) by avoiding such names. This issue however is more so with the actions of Namejet themselves even offering a name they have been served on prior and then auction knowing the new owner will be served.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Namejet sucks.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If there is no tm or pending tm then on what basis did they file a UDRP against NameJet? The only problem that I see is that NameJet proceeded with the auction while the domain should have been in lock status. That's the fault of the registrar (Netsol I assume).

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As far as my research tells me Netsol is Namejet. Or at least they clearly work closely together ( as reported ).

The issue I do not want to take up is tm or not tm, o name is 100% safe, this we know. The issue is rather namejets actions and even if clearly displayed as wrong their unwillingness to refund money.

Lets say this happened to any of us on a name that looked safe and it was a reverse hijack attempt. Now we have legal fee's to fight it on top of auction price and knowing Namejet was served prior to help piss us off further.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Both Network Solutions and eNom auction off (pre-release) some of their domains at NameJet.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wonder if we have any Namejet rep. on this forum ??

No sure, I believe I saw a banner at the top for them sometimes but again cannot recall. Would be nice if they did.

Hope this thread stays alive as well, this is a thread to protect domainers interests, deleting it is not a good course of action on anyones part.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks, for the heads up JP

where are the good guys in this industry? LOL

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Stewie,

and just to be clear on the $7.5k figure...

The $7.5k was actually the amount Namejet offered the name to the udrp complaintant ( which was refused as the complaintant wished to pursue the udrp obviously ) prior to auctioning the name at namejet. So claimig ignorance would be obsurd on their part.

flamewalker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Paying with credit card FTW.

Seriously...this is why I always pay with credit card when I can, so these scum suckers will fail in trying to scam me.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The udrp notice also informs you the date the original notice was sent to the drop company ( Namejet ) and the fact said company tried to negotiate a sale of said name with obviously no success
This notice PRE dates the offering at auction by the owner ( Namejet/Registrar )
Said drop company then decides to auction the name via there service with FULL KNOWLEDGE the name is NOT in a position at that time to be auctioned ( it is a real asshole move ) excuse my french.
End result you win name, you lose name, Namejet says too bad hahaha

I am not a lawyer but:
If you lose the domain but can prove this then I think you can go after NameJet.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameJet have done this trick on several occassions .

They are scum.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not a lawyer but:
If you lose the domain but can prove this then I think you can go after NameJet.

Not even a question :)

The issue at that point is cost. I have discussed this briefly with Acro via PM. Often times when a deal goes bad and the loss is $XXX-$XXXX+ the cost of persuing the case out weighs the loss. It would be done more on principal than anything else.

flamewalker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think if the probably hundred that have been scammed, you could get a class action going...

Alan Glennon

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. First, the fact that namejet.com uses privacy in their whois is really questionable.

Seems like it would be good to report the case to the Better Business Bureau (bbb.org). I checked them out at the bbb.org -- they have received one complaint in the last 36 months. In that case, the consumer did not follow up after namejet claimed to resolve the issue.

I believe you need to be the affected consumer to file a complaint.

Contact Info
NameJet
15801 NE 24th St.
Bellevue, WA 98008
United States
Phone: 425-974-4687
Fax: 425-974-4791

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom