Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

NamePopper missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Plus being a principle he could be in front of his PC for long hours and do his normal job plus work here as an admin.

UKPro

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So the pictures tie in - I would imagine
that the person in both photos was the man
behind Namepopper.

http://www.dnjournal.com/columns/coverstory4.htm

This would also lead me to believe that much if not
all of the information in the article was accurate

Perhaps he used the Alias "Nick Master" for his own reasons - but if we were to assume the info in the article is correct, there are no
conspiracy theories here. Just facts

Once again

1) He was involved in a Car Accident in 2001 in Texas
2) He Graduated in 1984
3) He owned a video games arcade
4) People have an I dea of where he may have lived
5) Even if he used an "Alias" - the family he mentioned by first name are likely to be named correctly.

If 2 of these 5 tie in, we can find out what happened to Namepopper but it would involve looking at Birth Records to see
If a Nick Master was born in 1967 - Local newspapers to see if there was a "head on" in 2001 involving a sedan + a sports car and a 34 year old man (Then) ... and a few other things

The answers are out there, we just don't understand the reasons

Keep looking ........ I will

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by UKPro
So the pictures tie in - I would imagine
that the person in both photos was the man
behind Namepopper.

I think you are wrong there UKPro. There was a time when I thought namepopper was gregr. Look at greg's photo at http://www.dnfaces.com/index.php?show=G and you will see what I mean. The namepopper photo on dnjournal is so heavily faked it's nearly impossible to tell what he looked like in my opinion - it's like a police photofit.

UKPro

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe you have a point ED - I'll keep digging when I have time. I think this is a puzzle which can be solved ....................................

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think gregr's facial structure is anything even simular to namepopper. Look at the eyebrows and the jaw in both of them.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
. . . it would involve looking at Birth Records to see
If a Nick Master was born in 1967 - Local newspapers to see if there was a "head on" in 2001 involving a sedan + a sports car and a 34 year old man (Then) ... and a few other things
. . .

My GF and I did this several months ago. There were no people born with the name "Nick Master" (or Masters) that we could find at all.

Based on the information I gathered and where it led us (over several months time), I have a STRONG suspicion his last name was "Kennedy".

-Bob

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bob, how about throwing out everything you know here?

UKPro

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bob, Let me suggets that you put everyting together that you have and some of the points in the article & "spin it" with a Google search.

+ Car accident in Arlington/Texas in 2001
or
+Graduated from University of Texas in 1984
or
+ Mother Julie died of cancer
or
+ Father Steven
or
+ Brother Timothy

etc etc

.... and see if anything clicks. May find a newspaper article somewhere online that fits with what you have already

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Spider
I don't think gregr's facial structure is anything even simular to namepopper. Look at the eyebrows and the jaw in both of them.

I suggest you make an appointment with your local optician.

UKPro

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Meaning what exactly?

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Meaning it's not Gregr but to say the photos are not similar is stretching the imagination a bit - meaning that our friend namepopper is sending us around in circles - meaning that whoever he is he is extremely clever ie his photo looks like everyone and no-one - meaning I think his "disappearance" was well planned and very well thought out.

UKPro

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OIC -
I agree with Spider - they don't look that much alike but if the other photo is "Made up" a little, who knows what a good graphics program can do. Intersting conspiracy theory - but that still wouldn't explain why he allowed his domains to expire. I assume he would have bought many of these domains in DN?

UKPro

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But then, how much were they actually worth........I don't know if he allowed any serious domains to expire. Did he have any really good ones that nobody would have let go? Were these renewed and Who are they registered to now?

ReignDomain

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
values.org which I sold to NamePopper is pointing to gif.org (the name which Logop bought from NamePopper).
Whois for values.org shows owner Ron James (RJ on DNForum) who also owns 321.org which used to belong to NamePopper.

Domain Name:VALUES.ORG
Created On:17-Jun-2002 17:50:38 UTC
Last Updated On:14-Nov-2003 12:18:42 UTC
Expiration Date:17-Jun-2004 17:50:38 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:R39-LROR

-------------------
BTW I got namepopper.com

UKPro

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ron James also owns DNJournal.com that published the information about "Nick Masters"
Co-incidence? or are we getting warmer?

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did a check of the "robot" domains a couple of months ago and sadly most of them have now expired. Some of them weren't as bad as all that. I was thinking earlier today that maybe these domains were part of the disappearing act ie everyone is to associate namepopper with robot domains. Let's remember the great names he put up for sale. Whoever he was this guy knew his domains.
The fake names, addresses and phone numbers etc - it's all too well planned to coincide with a death. I believe that he is still around, but just doesn't want himself to be known for his own reasons...yet....

ReignDomain

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ron James also owns DNJournal.com that published the information about "Nick Masters"
Co-incidence? or are we getting warmer?

You are wrong on this one.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol, UKPro, Ron James started this thread, he goes by RJ and runs ********. Duke runs dnjournal.

UKPro

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe - but everything needs to be considered. Perhaps they are the same person or do you know that this is impossible?

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What about his IP#'s from his posts?. They should still be in the logs somewhere. Anyone else login with his ip#?. Perhaps someone could call the ISP and find out who used the IP# at the date it was used to post a message.

Also, any indication that he posted on classmates.com, or something similar?. If anyone here is the new owner of namepopper.com, you could see if any login/password will get sent back to any email addresses at that domain name.

RMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom