Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise NameUs.net Appraisal

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

juba

Level 2
Reaction score
NameUs.Net Short and has multiple usages. I wanted to know the value and what's next if there is one. As I am pretty active here I would like to know if you see any progress (Message to moderators and experienced domainers.)

Domain summit 2024

juba

Level 2
Reaction score
You said it has multiple usages - what are they?
Find business names, domain registrar, blog about branding and domaining. I thought about names for new born babies, lists of US names for instance. Domain name generating tool, I don't see other usages but you got the idea. What do you think?

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I kind of like Nameus as a keyword BUT I am done with .net..

.Net was really hurt by the new gTLDs... .Com was cemented as the market leader, .org settled in its own niche.. But .net used to be the alternative to .com, now we have plenty of other alternatives to .com and hence .net lost both value and credibility.

Reaction score
Find business names, domain registrar, blog about branding and domaining. I thought about names for new born babies, lists of US names for instance. Domain name generating tool, I don't see other usages but you got the idea. What do you think?

I'm not a fan because not only is it a .net but you had to let me know what it could be used for - it wasn't immediately obvious. As such, without development, you would have to rely on a potential buyer wanting to make meaning from the domain and thus I don't see why they would pay a premium over a reg fee or .com alternative.
Developed though it could be worth something but that would depend on the revenue it generates and the niche it is in. I think your time and money would be better spent elsewhere. As such I have to say $0 reseller as-is.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameUs.Net Short and has multiple usages.

I would like to know if you see any progress

Hi

i like to read in between the lines, of lines, sometimes.

so, sure to some degree one could see progress
but you forgot other elements, like the name making sense and or having obvious meaning

let the name speak for itself, then you won't have to explain.

:)

imo...

juba

Level 2
Reaction score
I notice that you are pretty selective, truth feels good to hear, not my last word though, I will be back with better domains.

It can cost money, but if I keep the pace I'll get somewhere.

To recap: it should speak to itself, no explanations needed, should probably be short and contain commonly used keywords. Have a marketable value without developement, we should be able to build a brand around it.

Thank you all, have a good night.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Look at a list of some of the top domainers' domains. That may give you some ideas of what sells. Also, the dnjournal weekly sales list.

esmoka

Level 1
Reaction score
.NET is ruined among domain investors/speculators and therefore has little wholesale value in most cases, but it does still have marketability (retail value) for end users. As a website owner, you MUST incorporate prominence of ANY TLD if it's not .COM in many areas of the world. The logo must prominently display the TLD. like MySite.NET

As a site owner, I'd get a .NET over a .CO any day. .CO has the added downside of people who are used to .COM completing the .CO to .COM out of muscle memory when typing. Even if you display the .CO prominently in your marketing and logo, people will sit go to the .com out of pure muscle memory. I do it all the time.

As such, I will never invest in a .CO. Hated it from the day the TLD was introduced. And with the price increased to ridiculous amounts, it's as good as dead to me. But I digress.

At any rate, when I first saw your name, it spoke to me. It said "Name Us?, Who is 'Us' ". As such, I'd be surprised if you can even get $50 for it at retail.

juba

Level 2
Reaction score
.NET is ruined among domain investors/speculators and therefore has little wholesale value in most cases, but it does still have marketability (retail value) for end users. As a website owner, you MUST incorporate prominence of ANY TLD if it's not .COM in many areas of the world. The logo must prominently display the TLD. like MySite.NET

As a site owner, I'd get a .NET over a .CO any day. .CO has the added downside of people who are used to .COM completing the .CO to .COM out of muscle memory when typing. Even if you display the .CO prominently in your marketing and logo, people will sit go to the .com out of pure muscle memory. I do it all the time.

As such, I will never invest in a .CO. Hated it from the day the TLD was introduced. And with the price increased to ridiculous amounts, it's as good as dead to me. But I digress.

At any rate, when I first saw your name, it spoke to me. It said "Name Us?, Who is 'Us' ". As such, I'd be surprised if you can even get $50 for it at retail.

To be honest I didn't know about the .net decreasing value. I am thinking about end users when searching for domain names and actually never thought of domain investors... it is a whole different story. Thank you for your message and appraisal.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators