Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

namewinner is going crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Namewinner has added max bids to each individual's accounts, based on the trackrecord with NW. Newbie is restricted to $100 max bid.

Domain Summit 2024

NameWinner Guy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We have just made improvements today to prevent these kinds of fraud bids. The new policy implements a maximum allowed bid for each account. You can view your maximum allowed bid on the pit row page. The maximum allowed bid for a new account or an account which has never made a purchase from NameWinner is $100. If you are an existing customer your maximum allowed bid is at least $1000 and is based on your past bidding activity and your total dollar amount of billed names. We hope this will help to prevent the type of bidding that took place today. If you need your maximum allowed bid raised you can contact us.

Thanks
NameWinner

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Harrah for common sense!

Thanks NWGuy.

>The point is the lists are not harmful to any member ..if the bids are real (highly skeptical) then in fact just the opposite effect will happen and the aftermarket prices will rise..therby HELPING the members of DNF..

It's harmful to the member(s) that did their homework, and have the snap, king, and the NW high bid.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$10K limit...sweet :D

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
10k? Pah! Arrow fodder!!! :^)

How much leg room you got down there in economy class?

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see some of those $2000 bids. Capetours.com and bloodmobile.com. How about this? My account shows PENDING next to bloodmobile.com and I never even bid on it once. I don't want it for $8.75 let alone $2000!

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Pending means the NW got it, but not for you.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by rsequin
I see some of those $2000 bids. Capetours.com and bloodmobile.com. How about this? My account shows PENDING next to bloodmobile.com and I never even bid on it once. I don't want it for $8.75 let alone $2000!

Even if you just have it on your watch list - NW will show it as pending - but that is for whoever the high bidder was - not you, so no worries. :)

95degrees

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NW will show it as pending - but that is for whoever the high bidder was

Yes, at first I panicked at that too for a minute, wondering if I had bid that ungodly amount on a name by mistake somehow! LOL :) However after looking through your watchlist it should become evident that even names which are ONLY in the watchlist and not in the purchase list also sometimes show "pending" and eventually you would realize that it is PENDING for someone, and not specially you. Wonder how many other new members there have sweat bullets over it on first seeing this.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if you wouldnt pay 9 bucks for that name then you shouldn't be in the domain business.

Originally posted by rsequin

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"Your maximum allowed bid is: $100000"

Stop it! - I think they got my account confused with gregr's account.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Larry
"Your maximum allowed bid is: $100000"

Stop it! - I think they got my account confused with gregr's account.

Wow really You got $100 000 ? Thats the highest I have heard!

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Must be an error but thats what it says. So my new business model is placing high dollar bids for others at a 10% markup ;)

Just kidding NameWinner Guy

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Namewinner will not give the domain to the next higher bidder if the highest doesn't pay. They said there are some legal reasons that doesn't allows them to do do.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dvdrip
Namewinner will not give the domain to the next higher bidder if the highest doesn't pay. They said there are some legal reasons that doesn't allows them to do do.

That really sucks!

owndomain

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That is the response from NW, but I still think it is UNFAIR!

One must not assume that it was credit card fraud. Often a bid has gotten higher than the limit on a card and a person needs to pay down their credit card balance before we can charge them, or find another card to use to pay for the domain. I'm sure if that was the case with a domain you had won, you would not want us to give the domain to another party just a few days after we had grabbed it for you.

Originally posted by dvdrip

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Busselton is a small town about 90kms from where I live, with a population of around 25,000. The NameWinner bid on Busselton.com was up to $576 yesterday when I picked it up with a Snap.

I'm suprised that anyone even knows where this town is, let alone would be willing to pay $576 for it. I was being outbid within minutes of placing my bid, so I stopped bidding at $150 several days ago.

Does anyone else think this is weird? Are there people out there who just bid on anything?

Anyway, I just pushed the bid over $700 just to see if it will go higher (assuming they don't realize I've already regged it :D)

<EDIT>
OK, the Overture for "busselton.com" including the extension is 142, so maybe that explains it..?
</EDIT>

toho

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Beachie,

Current competition are so crazy.
I seceded the front of this game already.

I got Goei.com with snapnames last night, but someone set up proxy US$220 at NW.

Incidentally, someone setted up US$450 for Middles.com a few weeks ago.

I am not able to understand.

NW indicate in my account "Your maximum allowed bid is: $100000" This is also crazy phenomenon.

I could success register worthless domains with snapped.
All the one I snapped that really want were taken by others (Buydomains.com + some others)

Difficult and hard.

But may be it is good for my health and business to go to bed early. :laugh:

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by toho

Current competition are so crazy.
I seceded the front of this game already.

I got Goei.com with snapnames last night, but someone set up proxy US$220 at NW.

I am not able to understand.

THat is really amazing how high can 4 letter .com go in namewinner, I am really happy that I did get rcfa.com and nhda.com for $8,75 , yesterday I also entered some 4 letter .com but was out bided bids went up to $150 I think, that`s really to much, I would pay max $25 for them, they really get nice traffic sometime.

I think there are to many competitors, prices are to high, :(

DavidH

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Obviously it depends who has a need for them.

I recently obtained rnli.com which, outside the UK, would probably mean very little to anyone.

However as I do charity work for a local branch of the Royal National Lifeboat Institution, the name means a lot to me.

I was not able to get it last year when it dropped (Snapnames or Namewinner) and I had to purchase it from the successful new registrant.

I would have been very happy to get it with Namewinner for $150 ! :)

I got rnli.net the other day with Namewinner for $8.75.

DavidH

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom