Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Namewinner question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
According to Namewinner, I won the domain Restorers.com yesterday and my NameWinner billing info shows that $425 was billed to my credit card. However, the domain is not in my dotster account. If you do a whois lookup of Restorers.com, it shows http://www.webnic.cc as the registrar. As far as I know, Namewinner only uses Dotster to register domains (Namewinner is a Dotster company).

I have sent 2 emails to Dotster's customer support, but no reply.

Any ideas???

Domain Summit 2024

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are now using some other registrars to catch names Ken. I am having a similar problem. They got one several days ago for me using rgnames.com and the day they billed me said they would send account management info within 24 hours (the name will be at RG not Dotster). They charged my card but have never sent me info to access the domain nor answered my emails to support. Hopefully a temporary problem while they incorporate these new registrars into their scheme.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Duke.

It's a shame NameWinner does it this way...very poor customer service. :-(

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have one at stargate and one at rgnames. Now I have to deal with different companies (just like at snapnames and pool)!

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TopNames.com
According to Namewinner, I won the domain Restorers.com yesterday and my NameWinner billing info shows that $425 was billed to my credit card. However, the domain is not in my dotster account. If you do a whois lookup of Restorers.com, it shows http://www.webnic.cc as the registrar. As far as I know, Namewinner only uses Dotster to register domains (Namewinner is a Dotster company).

I have sent 2 emails to Dotster's customer support, but no reply.

Any ideas???

Hey Ken - Great Name Restorers.Com - We have 11 names floating as of today that they have gotten for us and they are not in the correct Dotster accounts, as well. They wrote and told our Domains Dept the following today - Good Luck - Steve

Those domains were registered through our newest registrar partners. Because they are not a Dotster owned companies, your domain registration will be handled through an account with them and not via your Dotster account. Previous to August, all NameWinner partners were owned by Dotster. To improve our ability to grab domains for our customers, we have added "outside" partnerships.

We have successfully billed you for those domains. As soon as we receive confirmation from the partner registrar has set up an account for those domains, we will send you a confirmation email with information on how to access your domains with them.

We apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience while we streamline this process.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys...still no domain :-(

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PM sent Ken - Steve

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TopNames.com
Thanks for all the info guys...still no domain :-(

Don't have mine either and I've been waiting 4 days. So much for the 24 hours they promised. I still don't even have a reply from my queries to customer service.

Meanwhile I ran into new problems with NW today That I will detail in another thread. A name I had the one and only bid on at $8.75 went into private auction (and no one paid the $50 entry fee to get in either)! Looks like there are still many bugs to be worked out.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will have to dissapoint you all as rgnames.com don't have an english version of their website. It has been under construction for the past year and a half.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke

Don't have mine either and I've been waiting 4 days. So much for the 24 hours they promised. I still don't even have a reply from my queries to customer service.

Meanwhile I ran into new problems with NW today That I will detail in another thread. A name I had the one and only bid on at $8.75 went into private auction (and no one paid the $50 entry fee to get in either)! Looks like there are still many bugs to be worked out.

Duke - Yes we keep getting an email notice to participate in the private auctions that we were high bidders in and it asks for a $50 fee to come in? Never been to a private auction yet. Maybe we should all give them a while to work it out. The site looks nice anyhow.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dvdrip
I will have to dissapoint you all as rgnames.com don't have an english version of their website. It has been under construction for the past year and a half.

Well that's nice. So if and when NW ever gives me login information for the domain they got there for me, I guess I will have to learn Korean to change the nameservers!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by URLCollection

Duke - Yes we keep getting an email notice to participate in the private auctions that we were high bidders in and it asks for a $50 fee to come in? Never been to a private auction yet. Maybe we should all give them a while to work it out. The site looks nice anyhow.

Mine was weirder than that. They didn't ask me to pay another $50 to join an auction for a name I was the only bidder on (how considerate) :-D

Check this email out - including using the wrong word "billing" instead of "bidding" and saying others may join the auction by paying a $0 fee. Heck I might pay that much myself!

"Dear NameWinner Customer,

Our system has successfully registered the domains listed below.
Since there was billing activity on these domains between 10:10 AM and
10:15 AM, the auction will be extended in accordance to the NameWinner
auction rules. As one of the current participants in the auction you
will be able to continue bidding on these domains by logging into
your NameWinenr account at
http://www.namewinner.com/account_home.php

(others may also join the private auction by paying a 0 fee)

Bidding will start today at 1:00PM Pacific Time and will end
once there has been no bidding activity for fifteen minutes.

Here is the list of domains that were placed in the private auction:

TVNOW.ORG"

Though I had the only bid at $8.75 - Sure enough I had to sit through that 1pm post-drop auction. I like the part about "as ONE of the participants in the auction". I was the ONLY participant! No one ever placed another bid at any point, so why did this go into a private auction?

I won 3 other names today and NONE of them shows up in the "Won" section on the Manage page. Neither does the domain I won 4 days ago and still don't have - even though my card has been billed for all of these.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the problem is their new system is SO complicated THEY can't even figure it out! :-D

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
I think the problem is their new system is SO complicated THEY can't even figure it out! :-D

Thats the ticket Duke - "SO complicated THEY can't even figure it out" - but a nice looking site and great pop-up, right? Best of luck for all of us - Steve

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried playing by the rules today. Duke, I had all the same problems you had. And, 5 went into private auction. Fortunately, no one wanted to pay $ 50. to attend the auction.

I came to the conclusion that NW's new system tripled the amount of time I spend at the site. And, it is not worth it. I wasted hours because of NW today. Not again.

And, I have a lot of names that Dotster has not applied my name to the domain.

I really want NW to survive. But, their site is too complicated in some parts.

The old watch list made it more convenient to follow the names. And, the new system with .orgs names is impossible.

Furthermore, the new system requiring constant checking (viewing) is time intensive.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes I think that was their biggest miscalculation. Very few people are going to spend the massive amount of time required now to follow names through the process at a single site (there are too many other bases that also haveto be covered). Before you could bid then go about your business and check back later to see if you won. Now if your name goes to auction (which almost all good names will) you must be LIVE at your computer at 1pm PST everyday and sit there for as long as it takes for the auction to end. Anyone with a real job is automatically ruled out.

Then there is the matter of getting your names in on a certain day to get the best minimum bid price, then keeping track of the various key daily auction times 9:45-10am, then 10am-10:15am (if there were bids in the previous 15 minute period), then come back from 1pm-infinity if your name goes to the private auction. I just can't see very many people doing that. NW has also been a valuable asset to me (despite all the quirks I have complained about over the past few weeks). I hope they will get things straightened out.

Dominion

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I spent an hour or so seeing how the new system worked. As others have said its too complex and if the name goes to auction, too time intensive. So as yet I haven't even bothered to place a bid with them since the change.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, at least a Whois now shows me as the owner. :)

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameWinner just emailed me the login info. Thanks NW staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom