Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi l bought the domain name
www.virgincreditcards.com

Now l know eveyone in the UK knows this is a big company, and l recived a email from them saying they have passed it on to there legal department if l dont give them the name what should l do?

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not a lawyer and I'm not familiar with the company, but if it's a credit card company called Virgin, it looks like you're going to have to give them the domain since your domain contains their mark. Ask them to cover your registration costs.

Trent

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok cool thanks for the advice. l think l will say cover the cost of what l bought that name for

Gumby

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the thing to do is offer the domain name for sale at a slightly cheaper price than what it would cost them to take legal action..

P

President Gringo

Virgin are a large company with many fingers in many pies.
They own:
*a airline (Virgin Atlantic),

*Virgin Megastores/ V-shop - Entertainment stores (they even have those in the USA, selling music, dvd's etc),

*a record label (was Virgin Records, which was sold, and now they are doing it again under the label V2),

*Mobile service provider

*Holidays.

*run a train franchise.

* they even dabled in Cola, which tasted just like Coca-cola to me, but i dunno if they are still doing that or not (i think they do, its just not that big).

They have started to move into financial areas now, offering a mortgage product and i guess their next move is into Credit cards. I am not aware of any Virgin credit cards yet, but its a logical step for them to make.

I don't know where you would stand on this, as Virgin is a very strong brand here.

Their site can be found at www.virgin.com, which is kind of a portal to all their ventures

Trent

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for the advice well they are already doing credit cards l think thats the reason why they want this name, but im not moving on it at all.

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by President Gringo
Virgin are a large company with many fingers in many pies.
They own:

Oh, THAT Virgin... :dead:

Trent

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
yeah that Virgin.

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
When I see virgincreditcards.com, I think of stolen credit card numbers that are fresh - ie not yet used to purchase anything.

Perhaps if you build a site listing a pile of fake stolen numbers, you can keep the domain. :^)

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
those bastards shouldn't use such a terrific domain name for their company name. i can think of far better uses for virgin.com than a multinational corporation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom