Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Need info on transferring a dot biz to another person

Status
Not open for further replies.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have sold part of a business, and this name is associated with the business. Godaddy who I have the name registered through won't let you transfer your dot biz until the registration period has expired!! That's 7/4/02! That is not acceptable.

So my questions are. Who is currently accepting .biz transfers. Netsol, Register.com, et al currently are not. It appears eNom is, but I don't see anywhere on there site as to once I transfer it to them, how I could then change owners. I don't see the features in their domain manager accounts. Maybe I am missing something.

note: I did see the post below, but that was asking about changing registrars.

Anyone have any ideas???

William9

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Got 3 seconds. What you describe is NOT a transfer, it is a sale (aka change of registrant). The gaining registrar will detail of the procedure for you. No needs to speculate – read the registrar’s site. Usually there IS a form available for printing.
Good luck.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by William9
Got 3 seconds. What you describe is NOT a transfer, it is a sale (aka change of registrant). The gaining registrar will detail of the procedure for you. No needs to speculate – read the registrar’s site. Usually there IS a form available for printing.
Good luck.

Got 2 seconds?

Problem: My name is at Godaddy.com. Godaddy won't let me change ownership of the domain, not until 7/4/04--when the registration ends per their online notification when I went in to change owners.

Problem 2: Since I cannot change ownership through Godaddy, I will have to transfer the name elsewhere...THEN...change ownership.

Problem 3: As far as I know, eNom is the only taking transfers of .biz names. Go check for yourself. And no my buyer isn't interested in having to take ownership of the name at TOTALLYCOOLTRANSFERS.com. I am dealing with a very business oriented fellow. He would like the name to be xfered to NetSol.
Here is the note from Net Sol on .biz/.info transfers:

>>>>>>>These names are not available to be transferred to VeriSign at this time. Please click on the reason stated for more information and to determine if the domain name may become eligible for transfer at a later date. <<<<<<

Okeey...so it was about 4 seconds. Register.com isn't taking .biz or .info transfers either. You can change ownership of these names in house, but NOOOOO transfers. eNom is the only one, but as I stated earlier. I don't see how I could then transfer ownership.

William9

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry that I did not have more time to answer last night before I had to hit the snore-shelf. You are addressing an issue I solved related to a dot biz that I am in the process of transferring.

You may not like my cost effective solution. First it makes no sense that Godaddy will not let you transfer until your registration expires. After a domain registration period expires you have NO rights or I should say not no more rights than any else including me. So, I am going to assume that you CAN transfer out but just have NOT yet determined how. If you have any question about the process of obtaining the auth-info code necessary for a transfer out, please see this thread
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5206

My cost effective solution was to transfer my Dot Biz to Directnic. The person wI am transferring to opened up a Directnic account and is today completing the necessary document that has to be notarized.

I HAVE already (in August) successfully transferred several Dot Biz to Directnic from Alldomains and from Dotster. I am waiting for the documents http://www.directnic.com/help/faq/index.php?question_id=20 to be completed by the person I am transferring (the PDF doc). I will let you know when I am finished as just spoke to the person last night and they are sending in the documents. You would not believe what some other registrars (Netsol) wanted to complete a change of ownership $$$$$$$ > $15.

Good luck (I am off to work)

OpenSRS resellsers are also capable of accepting .biz transfers. You will need the auth code from Joker, and you will need to initiate the transfer from Joker's system per their FAQ or your transfer will time out the first time...

-t

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Whois-Search
Reg it at enom and just push it to a new account

Thanks everyone for their advice. I took William9's advice and got the transfer done through DirectNic---Extremely Smooth process BTW.

Just an FYI: If you want to get an Authorization Code at Godaddy it is very simple as well. The people responded very quickly to my question as to how I would get this "Authorization Code". You don't have to request an Authorization Code from Godaddy as the information is readily available in your account. Here are the instructions that were sent to me:

First, login to your account:

Go to the Go Daddy Home Page

Click the "My Account" link on the upper left.

Login using your contact email address and password

Next, login to domain management:

Click on Domain Names at the top.

Enter your username and password for domain management

Once logged in just follow these steps:

1. Click on the domain name that you need the authorization code to.

You will then be in the domain details.

2. The first green bar has this text "Domain Status Information (click here to recover authorization info) "

3. Click on the link and the code will be sent to you via email.

Once you are finished, be sure to logout of domain management.

Please let us know if we can help you in any other way. You may also wish to read through some of the frequently asked questions on our Support Forum:

supportwebsite.com

Sincerely,
Beth M
Go Daddy Software
Customer Service Representative

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom